PDA

View Full Version : You have 2 Hrs

Ripon83
10-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm curious about two questions. One is that you have the ability to shop at Costco ( example ) 2 hours before you believe SHTF is going to happen and it's normal not in any state of panic. What are your limitations and what would you get in that time?

In part I have a family member who is woefully unprepared but asked me at the BBQ last night this very question. His question specifically could I get every thing I need at Costco and how much would I need to have? I of course urged him to start prepping. He might but I know them and am not certain they will.

The big question I asked him was how do you propose to get a 2 hour head start. He looked at me and says well in my world if the banks are going to shut down I'll know it before you would.

Intimid8tor
10-06-2012, 10:16 AM
A normal trip to Costco is 45 minutes to an hour. If there is even a 10% increase in traffic, you are going to be waiting for much longer as grocery stores, banks, costco, etc use predictive software for their scheduling.

Could you get everything you need at costco? Just about, depending on time of year and location. You would still need other supplies, someone to go with you to help and lots of $$$ to do it all at one time on short notice. The stuff would also be short term. You can't get some long term survival needs at Costco. If he works at a bank, yes he would no sooner than someone who didn't, but what if the crisis is not resulting in bank shutdowns?

The War Wagon
10-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Already got everything I need. I'm spending that time sealing up the house, and establishing lines of fire... :gunsmilie:

insin
10-06-2012, 10:26 AM
The main point of prepping is to ensure that you DON'T have to go to Costco 2 hours before or when you realize a SHTF scenario is upon us. Prepper = being Prepared. This implies not having to make a last minute trip to the store. Like it was stated above, that time should be spent gathering family and implementing your plan.

Planning to make a run to Costco in a SHTF is flawed from the start.

2shotjoe
10-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Ammo store instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmsenk
10-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, do they sell ammo at costco?

TrailerparkTrash
10-06-2012, 11:32 AM
No offense, but the question is not a practical question for "real world" instances to unfold like you described. Second, I doubt your friend would have any head start about knowing when the "banks are going to shut down," two hours ahead of anyone else. Even if that bit of information were in fact true, you don't think the local news channels would be going nuts within 10 minutes of receiving that info as well? Sorry, but there would be no advantage to your family member and he needs to realize that fact.

As touched on earlier by others, two hours wont get you much of anything when you include driving to/from Costco, gathering all of your family together, taking kids out of school, collecting and assembling supplies, food, water, ammo, guns first aid, bedding, cooking supplies, and a big one,,,,, EVACUATING THE AREA (if need be).

I think a correct answer to the original question would be: "If i only had two hours to prepare, it's too late already." Next question? :D

Chaparral
10-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Assuming I'm bugging in instead of out, I'd load up on whatever I want...chips, salsa, cheese, port, cabernet, canned goods of various sorts as well as a couple hundred pounds of those yucky staples like rice n' pinto beans. I am assuming that this is just a SHTF and not an EOTWAWKI situation so the luxury of comfort food is there and my solar array can keep a small fridge going. Cost would be no issue: might as well load up ahead of a currency collapse or bank reset.

I'm ok for everything else. Maybe I'd hit Turners on the way back for powder and primers and bullets but thats about it. I just might be able to combine both errands in two hours including drive time.

Y'know what? Ima hit Trader Joe's on the way back for a few cases of two-buck chuck and that cheap but decent tawny port they have. A hundred bucks gets me four cases of Cabernet and an additional fifty gets me seven bottles of port. Thats a good bang for the buck. Again, I'm already prepped for the other stuff...this is just icing on the cake.

Yugo
10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/12/29/costco-kirkland-5-56mm-ammo/

Chaparral
10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Even if that bit of information were in fact true, you don't think the local news channels would be going nuts within 10 minutes of receiving that info as well?

The media will remain silent so long as it suits their corporate parents.

ramathorn
10-06-2012, 11:58 AM
If SHTF and banks close or electronic payments are suspended you're out of luck without a wad of cash. Keep cash on hand for a good head start. If you make it to a store get water. Dehydration will get ya before starvation will.

JoeJinKY
10-06-2012, 12:07 PM
If the SHTF in two hours, I'd simply walk into the Costco with a few armed friends and take over the store. The cops could be held off for two hours, and after that, they'd have far worse problems to deal with, and they'd probably just leave us barricaded in the Costco. with the food and drinks and supplies, we could probably ride out a couple of weeks of SHTF without difficulty.

Your point is sort of moot though. Preparations for SHTF are done long before the event. The whole idea is to HAVE everything you think you will need, so that when the panic starts, you won't be looking for a parking space while navigating around fallen bodies and burning cars.

However, to answer your question, I think I would pick up several cases of water, since without that, you're dead in three days. I would grab about 100 rolls of toilet paper, since a lack of THAT will make your life miserable. I'd get a couple dozen canisters of the pop-up sanitary wipes, or even diaper wipes, so I could go several days without a bath or shower if necessary. I'd grab any canned foods that are ready to eat right out of the can, and I'd focus on the cans that do not require a can opener. A box of plastic forks and spoons. Oh, and a good folding char and a telescope, because I'd want to have a comfortable view of the end of the world from atop a distant hill. I'm not likely tosee a show like THAT again any time soon!

Yugo
10-06-2012, 12:16 PM
If the SHTF in two hours, I'd simply walk into the Costco with a few armed friends and take over the store. The cops could be held off for two hours, and after that, they'd have far worse problems to deal with, and they'd probably just leave us barricaded in the Costco. with the food and drinks and supplies, we could probably ride out a couple of weeks of SHTF without difficulty.

Your point is sort of moot though. Preparations for SHTF are done long before the event. The whole idea is to HAVE everything you think you will need, so that when the panic starts, you won't be looking for a parking space while navigating around fallen bodies and burning cars.

However, to answer your question, I think I would pick up several cases of water, since without that, you're dead in three days. I would grab about 100 rolls of toilet paper, since a lack of THAT will make your life miserable. I'd get a couple dozen canisters of the pop-up sanitary wipes, or even diaper wipes, so I could go several days without a bath or shower if necessary. I'd grab any canned foods that are ready to eat right out of the can, and I'd focus on the cans that do not require a can opener. A box of plastic forks and spoons. Oh, and a good folding char and a telescope, because I'd want to have a comfortable view of the end of the world from atop a distant hill. I'm not likely tosee a show like THAT again any time soon!

Dont know your location but there is a costco walking distance from my house if you want to give me a ring before you head out ;)

Sunday
10-06-2012, 12:25 PM
You can only smile at the mass consumers. Be prepared, 2 hours is about a month too late.

troysland
10-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah, do they sell ammo at costco?

http://onthefiringlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/costco-ammo.jpg

troysland
10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Surely, I jest....But what if? :p

hermosabeach
10-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Have him start with a simple test-
For the next week, live off what he has.....
Eat what they have on hand
Drink what they have on hand
Wipe with what they on hand
No TV or lights unless run by a generator
Unplug the fridge- unless they have a generator

See if his family can make it a week without outside resources...

The exception would be showering and alarm clocks for work....

This should hopefully help he and his family understand what they would need to make it 7 days without water, power and shopping trips....

whatpain
10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
alcohol
ammo
those imitation mre things they sell there
first aid stuff
clothes
non perishable foods
arrows/bow/crossbow/bolts whatever they have for sale there that day

Yugo
10-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Have him start with a simple test-
For the next week, live off what he has.....
Eat what they have on hand
Drink what they have on hand
Wipe with what they on hand
No TV or lights unless run by a generator
Unplug the fridge- unless they have a generator

See if his family can make it a week without outside resources...

The exception would be showering and alarm clocks for work....

This should hopefully help he and his family understand what they would need to make it 7 days without water, power and shopping trips....

This is what should be told to ALL people that think they dont need to prep!

olhunter
10-06-2012, 1:54 PM
"How much would I need to get?"

Now that's quite a question.

If it goes on long enough, even if he bought the whole store, it would eventually run out. Remember 'The Road'? They bugged in for 7 years before they finally had to leave. He probably thought he was pretty well stocked too. But it ran out. Unless you have a way to renew your resources, you'll end up on the road too.

One carload just to hold you over for awhile?

Sacks of white rice.
Sacks of pinto beans.
All the canned meat he can carry.
Vitamins.
Protein Powder.
First Aid stuff.
Water.
Cigs and booze for barter (or to keep..whatever).

insin
10-06-2012, 2:06 PM
I think this explains it best:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13017

incredablehefey
10-06-2012, 2:13 PM
In 2 hours i would have moved into the costo fortifying as many entrances as i could... new home!

KevinB
10-06-2012, 2:17 PM
Exercise in futility. You couldn't haul enough supplies in a full size pickup to do yourself much good.

I'm a couple of hours almost from a Costco so it is a mute argument.

Fuel would be my only concern at this point in time.

problemchild
10-06-2012, 3:06 PM
Is this the same costco that is SOLD OUT OF GAS TODAY at the slight mention of prices going up last night?

I just went by and all pumps are closed..... Sams was limited to a few gallons of premium but was running out too.

KWB977
10-06-2012, 3:09 PM
The main point of prepping is to ensure that you DON'T have to go to Costco 2 hours before or when you realize a SHTF scenario is upon us. Prepper = being Prepared. This implies not having to make a last minute trip to the store. Like it was stated above, that time should be spent gathering family and implementing your plan.

Planning to make a run to Costco in a SHTF is flawed from the start.

QFT.......... if any type of senario was to unfold Costco would be the last place I would go to.

chris
10-06-2012, 3:18 PM
Is this the same costco that is SOLD OUT OF GAS TODAY at the slight mention of prices going up last night?

I just went by and all pumps are closed..... Sams was limited to a few gallons of premium but was running out too.

i was able to get gas today at Shell. but there is a Sam's across the street from it. i didn't even think about checking it out since i'm not a member. but to see gas stations closed or pumps off does remind me of the gas shortage of the late 70's.

all though this gas shortage is not due to SHTF or anything else. it is the result of liberal policies that now have come to fruition to show the public how really short sighted this state really is and how stupid the liberal ideology is.

but the voting block will continue to vote these idiots in that created this mess. it will pass but this recent insane rise in prices should show as a wake up call to dump the liberals here. but alas it won't. we will continue to have a closed market when it comes to gas even in an emergency like this.

the legislature has to ask CARB to import gas here. what a crock of SH*T that is. the CARB is the problem here. those POS's there have too much power and must be removed and sent to jail for the crap they have done to this state.

jonc
10-06-2012, 3:20 PM
RUN!!

problemchild
10-06-2012, 3:25 PM
Im sure the Army will come in and straighten everything out.

i was able to get gas today at Shell. but there is a Sam's across the street from it. i didn't even think about checking it out since i'm not a member. but to see gas stations closed or pumps off does remind me of the gas shortage of the late 70's.

all though this gas shortage is not due to SHTF or anything else. it is the result of liberal policies that now have come to fruition to show the public how really short sighted this state really is and how stupid the liberal ideology is.

but the voting block will continue to vote these idiots in that created this mess. it will pass but this recent insane rise in prices should show as a wake up call to dump the liberals here. but alas it won't. we will continue to have a closed market when it comes to gas even in an emergency like this.

the legislature has to ask CARB to import gas here. what a crock of SH*T that is. the CARB is the problem here. those POS's there have too much power and must be removed and sent to jail for the crap they have done to this state.

glock7
10-06-2012, 3:58 PM
I'll spend my 2 hours making sure my family gets home, I'll be bugging in and doing function checks. I'll be that guy on the roof, making sure nobody tries to take my schtuff.

VegasND
10-06-2012, 4:08 PM
Costco and Sam's Club are on my way home. The only thing I'll do there is top off the gas tank before getting home and doing my best to prepare for whatever I was warned is happening in 2 hours.

The time getting ready is worth more than whatever I can pick up inside the store.

peter95
10-06-2012, 4:16 PM
This is what I am most worried about.

When SHTF happens, how long before the military comes to your home and take away all your weapons?

AleksandreCz
10-06-2012, 4:28 PM
If I knew for a fact the the SHTF would happen ion 2 hours I would be blowing up my credit cards Wal Mart on ammo.
Costco wouldn't be a place to go Because they only take cash debit or Amex. I don't have an Amex card and don't want to spend cash it might hold some value for a few days after. Bu Credit cards F*** them its not like I'll have to pay them back

speedrrracer
10-06-2012, 4:30 PM
This guy is in a lot of trouble, but as was mentioned above, he should focus on things like water, hygiene, batteries, food, and depending on the time of year, perhaps warmth.

No reasonably-sized car is going to hold everything this guy needs -- a generator, first aid supplies, gas cans, etc, etc. I don't even think you can physically run around a Costco fast enough to grab all the crap he would need in that time frame.

If it's just a minor SHTF like you say, he can fill his tubs, get those few things at Costco and ride it out until, like PC says, somebody pulls his butt out of the fire. Otherwise, he's plain screwed.

chris
10-06-2012, 4:45 PM

really? :facepalm:

try again. nice try at an insult

NotEnufGarage
10-06-2012, 4:47 PM
Exercise in futility. You couldn't haul enough supplies in a full size pickup to do yourself much good.

I'm a couple of hours almost from a Costco so it is a mute argument.

Fuel would be my only concern at this point in time.

This...

For a family of 4, you probably need several pickup loads of food, fuel (gas for generator, propane for BBQ), paper supplies (TP, Paper towels, paper plates), cleaning supplies, water, ammo, etc. to last you several months.

Best to start laying in supplies now, a little at a time. Build up a 2 week supply, then a month, then 2 months, then work towards 6 months.

FeuerFrei
10-06-2012, 4:53 PM
OP, be kind to your friend and tell him he would be making a mistake in getting supplies with 2 hr head start. Not enough time for 1 weeks worth of anything. Offer to help him develop a plan and help him spend some money.

Sent with 2 cans & a long string.

dieselpower
10-06-2012, 5:01 PM
water filters, water purification, coffee filters, bic lighters, and a hand pump of some kind.

problemchild
10-06-2012, 5:42 PM
Whats this?

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=41224

AleksandreCz
10-06-2012, 6:01 PM

Dude you need to come down I am fairly certain this kind of conversation has been had before with you in another thread.
I see you are in the service and you should be proud of that. But don't forget that US Military Is the tool of the Government and is Used by the Government in any way that it chooses. I am sure that if an unconstitutional order is given not all would blindly follow it but most would not out of ignorance but because they would believe that they are doing the right thing.

TreadonmenoT
10-06-2012, 8:54 PM
tell him that is a stupid question.

then say you could get many useful things, food, water, first aid supplies, vitamins,flashlights,that 10k dollar ring[put it on the CC since SHTF anyway lol/jk]

but you cannot buy GUNS/AMMO at costco..

Ripon83
10-06-2012, 9:34 PM
Fact is this guy will probably prep if he feels the threat is viable. He's said it'd be possible he could learn on a Sunday that the banks that were to open on Monday would not, and if that happened the digital network on ATM and CC would likely shutdown in the middle of the night. This, he said, was openly discussed in 08 at his bank, but not since.

Anyway in such a case if he wasn't prepared I told him to purchase:

2-50 lb bags rice,
5- 6 packs of spaghetti and the same of their pasta,
3 - 3 packs Alfredo sauces, 5-2 packs of Ragu,
A shelf box of canned tuna, chicken, and two of beef
2 - large boxes of crackers
As many cans of soup, beans, vegetables and fruits as he could carry, afford
3- bags of pancake mix, 3 - boxes powdered milk, 2 cartons cereal, 2 oatmeal
Bags of flour, beans, sugar, and salt, boxes of baking soda
Cooking oil
Plenty of packages of TP, bars of soap, hand sanitizer,
Pick up best volume of liquor possible,
If he could get a generator fine, flashlights, solar yard lights, and lantern oil I've seen there
Be sure to get Tylenol, aspirin, Advil, and first aid supplies.

BTW if he ever calls me and says he's doing this ill be 90 minutes on my way to the bug out property before he's done.

orangeusa
10-06-2012, 9:38 PM
I doubt anybody would even get to a Costco (any other store) in the LA/OC basin -we'd all be gridlocked.

RobertSmith
10-07-2012, 12:24 AM
In the last two hours before SHTF, I might swing by the gas station and top off then to the local grocery and get some snacks. I'm already prepared for the worst.

The ones with the most bullets and butter will survive the longest.

Go to Coscto now and stock up. Not two hours before SHTF.

cudakidd
10-07-2012, 5:06 AM
Two hours? If ANY news got out to the public Costco would be the last place I'd try to go. Look at the riff raff that go there on the 1st of the month now to use their welfare bennies...or to take their kids to graze on free samples on the Weekends.

And you would expect them to behave any better in a real crisis?

Hit the closest store you can get to, AM/PM, etc. Price has no meaning in a crisis. Stock up on Bottled water and shelf stable food. Then get home before the real crazy stuff starts to happen!!

I'm good to go NOW, why even post this on a Survival board? The real preppers are ready yesterday...

Dutch3
10-07-2012, 6:35 AM
2 hours wouldn't help me. Costco is 45 minutes away and I canceled my membership years ago.

chris
10-07-2012, 9:53 AM
Two hours? If ANY news got out to the public Costco would be the last place I'd try to go. Look at the riff raff that go there on the 1st of the month now to use their welfare bennies...or to take their kids to graze on free samples on the Weekends.

And you would expect them to behave any better in a real crisis?

Hit the closet store you can get to, AM/PM, etc. Price has no meaning in a crisis. Stock up on Bottled water and shelf stable food. Then get home before the real crazy stuff starts to happen!!

I'm good to go NOW, why even post this on a Survival board? The real preppers are ready yesterday...

Pretty much my idea hit the store closet to you.

dieselpower
10-07-2012, 10:05 AM
tell him that is a stupid question.

then say you could get many useful things, food, water, first aid supplies, vitamins,flashlights,that 10k dollar ring[put it on the CC since SHTF anyway lol/jk]

but you cannot buy GUNS/AMMO at costco..

I picked up Guns & Ammo at Costco all the time...along with Field & Stream and Cosmopolitan....:D

glockman19
10-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm curious about two questions. One is that you have the ability to shop at Costco ( example ) 2 hours before you believe SHTF is going to happen and it's normal not in any state of panic. What are your limitations and what would you get in that time?

In part I have a family member who is woefully unprepared but asked me at the BBQ last night this very question. His question specifically could I get every thing I need at Costco and how much would I need to have? I of course urged him to start prepping. He might but I know them and am not certain they will.

The big question I asked him was how do you propose to get a 2 hour head start. He looked at me and says well in my world if the banks are going to shut down I'll know it before you would.

You could find most of the food and supplies at CostCo...but it will likely cost a thousnd or two...I can't get out of there for less than $200 a week on a normal visit.

I'd also pay wiht credit....why waste the cash?

dieselpower
10-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Dude you need to come down I am fairly certain this kind of conversation has been had before with you in another thread.
I see you are in the service and you should be proud of that. But don't forget that US Military Is the tool of the Government and is Used by the Government in any way that it chooses. I am sure that if an unconstitutional order is given not all would blindly follow it but most would not out of ignorance but because they would believe that they are doing the right thing.

Don't jump on Chris. He just hasn't made the connection that we have a 2nd Amendment right so we have the ability to kill Army / Military personnel if we have to.... same with some LEO... they just don't understand the concept because they themselves will not be part of the problem we face.

tacksman
10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
wow...
Don't jump on Chris. He just hasn't made the connection that we have a 2nd Amendment right so we have the ability to kill Army / Military personnel if we have to.... same with some LEO... they just don't understand the concept because they themselves will not be part of the problem we face.

glockman19
10-07-2012, 10:55 AM

Whether I agree or disagree with your statement, I would not post it on a public board...

Please see my thread on LAPD and LE internet survellience:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=628994

rspar
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM
I skimmed most of this thread so pardon me if someone already said it but with a serious shtf all the stores including costco will be cleaned out by the time you get there unless you live next door. I have an entire bedroom filled with supplies and at least once a week we think of something we either don't have or don't have enough of. For example what are you people cooking on if there's no gas/electric for a month or two? The list of things your friend needs is too long to post. If you aren't prepared for some kind of disaster right now, get prepared because your guns can defend you but they really aren't going to feed you.

AleksandreCz
10-07-2012, 11:38 AM
I Do not think Armed Services are the Problem The Government Is the problem. And the fact that the citizens have no way to control what the military is the problem.This gives the government the ability to turn the military on its people. However I do believe most of the People who Joined the armed service Did it out of love for their country and its Ideals granted some might have joined for free college.

LEOs on the other hand are the real problem they keep us scared and paranoid. They shoot, assault, and bully citizens all the time and demand respect and more money from us for oppressing us. I should note that I am sure there are actually good cops but I have yet to meet one.

Dutch3
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Fact is this guy will probably prep if he feels the threat is viable. He's said it'd be possible he could learn on a Sunday that the banks that were to open on Monday would not, and if that happened the digital network on ATM and CC would likely shutdown in the middle of the night.

I have been thinking about this. Why would a person in a position to have advance knowledge of a crisis not have already taken steps to prepare? He probably understands better than most what a fine line there is between prosperity and chaos.

As to the original question, I suppose that costco is as good a place as any to load up at the last minute if it is close by. But the question remains; why wait until the last minute?

I am likely better prepared for such a situation than most suburbanites, but severely lacking by my own standards. If I had 2 hours notice that things were going to go sideways, I certainly wouldn't rush out and try to pick up everything I have been slacking on for the past 10 years. Let's say you were in the store for some length of time and by the time you were leaving, word was getting out about whatever the crisis was. You might get mugged for your goods in the parking lot. That nearly happened to me once after I had purchased literally the last generator for sale in town at the beginning of a long-term power outage.

I would use that time to secure my domicile and batten down the hatches, so to speak. It would not be the time to begin stocking up.

dieselpower
10-07-2012, 1:35 PM
wow...

Whether I agree or disagree with your statement, I would not post it on a public board...

Please see my thread on LAPD and LE internet survellience:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=628994

sorry to inform you of this....
I have said this before (as have every one of our Founding Fathers) and most who understand why we have a 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear firearms.

Its not to hunt.
Its not to shoot paper.
Its not for sport or recreation.

We have a 2ndA in order to have the ability to kill those who threaten us...foreign or DOMESTIC.

Yes, it comes as a shock to some people when they first reach that epiphany.

dieselpower
10-07-2012, 1:39 PM
I Do not think Armed Services are the Problem The Government Is the problem. And the fact that the citizens have no way to control what the military is the problem.This gives the government the ability to turn the military on its people. However I do believe most of the People who Joined the armed service Did it out of love for their country and its Ideals granted some might have joined for free college.

LEOs on the other hand are the real problem they keep us scared and paranoid. They shoot, assault, and bully citizens all the time and demand respect and more money from us for oppressing us. I should note that I am sure there are actually good cops but I have yet to meet one.

I think the total amount of "bad" LEO is quite small. "Misguided" on the other hand...

You need to remember, LEO have to act the way they act for at least two good reasons;

1) They need to do what they do in order to go home safe every night. Criminals rarely wear signs that say..."I will kill you if you give me a chance"

2) Law and department policy orders them to do this. Its in the courts that decide if their policy is right or wrong and until told otherwise...follow the policy.

glockman19
10-07-2012, 4:26 PM
sorry to inform you of this....
I have said this before (as have every one of our Founding Fathers) and most who understand why we have a 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear firearms.

Its not to hunt.
Its not to shoot paper.
Its not for sport or recreation.

We have a 2ndA in order to have the ability to kill those who threaten us...foreign or DOMESTIC.

Yes, it comes as a shock to some people when they first reach that epiphany.

CA Penal Code 71...Threatening Public Officers & Employees...Felony

71. Threatening public officers and employees and school officials

Every person who, with intent to cause, attempts to cause, or causes, any officer or employee of any public or private educational institution or any public officer or employee to do, or refrain from doing, any act in the performance of his duties, by means of a threat, directly communicated to such person, to inflict an unlawful injury upon any person or property, and it reasonably appears to the recipient of the threat that such threat could be carried out, is guilty of a public offense punishable as follows:

(1) Upon a first conviction, such person is punishable by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by imprisonment in the state prison, or in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(2) If such person has been previously convicted of a violation of this section, such previous conviction shall be charged in the accusatory pleading, and if such previous conviction is found to be true by the jury, upon a jury trial, or by the court, upon a court trial, or is admitted by the defendant, he is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison.

As used in this section, "directly communicated" includes, but is not limited to, a communication to the recipient of the threat by telephone, telegraph, or letter.

I bet Internet threats are just as valid as any other written threat by letter ot telegraph.

Finally, you have firearms...you have made written threats to both Federal Military and Sworn Law Enforcement...your threats "could be" carried out...you're guilty...

I could see "the government" make that assumption based on this and former statements...Might find you capable of a terrorist threat?

Again...Whether I agree or not some things should not be discussed in public...
...and as for the Founding Fathers...they new when to keep quiet.
Why stand out like a sore thumb?

dieselpower
10-07-2012, 5:12 PM
CA Penal Code 71...Threatening Public Officers & Employees...Felony

I bet Internet threats are just as valid as any other written threat by letter ot telegraph.

Finally, you have firearms...you have made written threats to both Federal Military and Sworn Law Enforcement...your threats "could be" carried out...you're guilty...

I could see "the government" make that assumption based on this and former statements...Might find you capable of a terrorist threat?

Again...Whether I agree or not some things should not be discussed in public...
...and as for the Founding Fathers...they new when to keep quiet.
Why stand out like a sore thumb?

It is NOT against the law for me to defend myself or talk of defending myself from a CRIMINAL ATTACK. I do not care what job they have... that doesn't allow them to MURDER ME.

How dare you tell me otherwise. Maybe you need to go live in China...seems you support their form of Government.

here's an analogy...
two police officers talking about grabbing a young girl and molesting her--- criminal act and talking about it is also a crime.
two officers talking about the proper way to stop, detain, pat down and arrest a criminal suspect who is a young female-- legal and justified.

two guys talking about shooting and killing police officers while they rob a bank ---- illegal
two guys talk about defending their lives from an illegal and lethal attack from uniformed criminals--- legal speech under the 1st Amendment.

no one here is talking about the murder of uniformed persons...only the fact the 2nd A was written to make sure a government doesn't enslave the public...any government...even our own.

comblock
10-07-2012, 5:50 PM
Fact is this guy will probably prep if he feels the threat is viable. He's said it'd be possible he could learn on a Sunday that the banks that were to open on Monday would not, and if that happened the digital network on ATM and CC would likely shutdown in the middle of the night. This, he said, was openly discussed in 08 at his bank, but not since.

Anyway in such a case if he wasn't prepared I told him to purchase:

2-50 lb bags rice,
5- 6 packs of spaghetti and the same of their pasta,
3 - 3 packs Alfredo sauces, 5-2 packs of Ragu,
A shelf box of canned tuna, chicken, and two of beef
2 - large boxes of crackers
As many cans of soup, beans, vegetables and fruits as he could carry, afford
3- bags of pancake mix, 3 - boxes powdered milk, 2 cartons cereal, 2 oatmeal
Bags of flour, beans, sugar, and salt, boxes of baking soda
Cooking oil
Plenty of packages of TP, bars of soap, hand sanitizer,
Pick up best volume of liquor possible,
If he could get a generator fine, flashlights, solar yard lights, and lantern oil I've seen there
Be sure to get Tylenol, aspirin, Advil, and first aid supplies.

BTW if he ever calls me and says he's doing this ill be 90 minutes on my way to the bug out property before he's done.

SPAM and twinkies. they last forever.:cool2:

AleksandreCz
10-07-2012, 6:11 PM
It is NOT against the law for me to defend myself or talk of defending myself from a CRIMINAL ATTACK. I do not care what job they have... that doesn't allow them to MURDER ME.

How dare you tell me otherwise. Maybe you need to go live in China...seems you support their form of Government.

here's an analogy...
two police officers talking about grabbing a young girl and molesting her--- criminal act and talking about it is also a crime.
two officers talking about the proper way to stop, detain, pat down and arrest a criminal suspect who is a young female-- legal and justified.

two guys talking about shooting and killing police officers while they rob a bank ---- illegal
two guys talk about defending their lives from an illegal and lethal attack from uniformed criminals--- legal speech under the 1st Amendment.

no one here is talking about the murder of uniformed persons...only the fact the 2nd A was written to make sure a government doesn't enslave the public...any government...even our own.

You are not allowed to protect yourself from police its illegal to even talk about that. It sucks and its wrong but thats the world we live in.

comblock
Spam is shelf stable and will last forever or at least until I am dead so thats all that matters to me. twinkies are not they go bad pretty fast. I dont know if you where joking or no but if you where not I recomend you research Shelf stable foods they are usually canned and that would be a good guide about what to stock up on

JavaBrewer
10-07-2012, 8:26 PM
OP - lots of water, multi vitamins, and food. SHTF you want to get to where the S has not hit the fan. Collapse of society - personal choice. Personally I don't envision wanting to participate. YMMV.

jmsenk
10-07-2012, 8:32 PM
Wow. This thread went overboard pretty quickly.

I don't have a costco membership, so don't know what is readily available. Filling up with gas, hitting an ATM for as much cash as you can draw out, and then maybe some essentials that he ought to already have, and are not perishable would be the best options in my mind. This should, of course, be after he gets more ammo.

Squid
10-08-2012, 12:50 AM
so what you what is brekkie, brunch, lunch, tea, dinner, and supper for 100-200 of your friends and neighbors for the next 3 days, so go nuts and grab fresh food.

50lbs apples, 30lbs bananas, 150lbs potatoes, 60lbs tomatoes, 50 heads lettuce, 100lbs pork chops, 30lbs sharp cheddar, 150lbs ground beef, 70 whole chickens, 100 gals milk....you get the idea.

rspar
10-08-2012, 7:28 AM
And your alternative is? It always amazes me how few people take being prepared seriously. I may be over prepared but I'd rather be that way then hungry and thirsty waiting for the gov't.

Sheepdog1968
10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
If I had two hours at a CostCo, I would likely focus on food and water that didn't require any special handling considerations. I'd probably buy lots of beans, rice, peanut butter, tuna, SPAM, bottled water, instant milk, pain pills, disposable forks/paperplates/cups, TP, hard booze to trade with later (or clean wounds), batteries, flashlights, fundamental clothes, matches, lighters, etc. It wouldn't be too hard to stock up so you wouldn't be starving or short on water.

wjc
10-08-2012, 3:23 PM
Ammo store instead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ammo store plus gas station.

chris
10-08-2012, 6:34 PM
Don't jump on Chris. He just hasn't made the connection that we have a 2nd Amendment right so we have the ability to kill Army / Military personnel if we have to.... same with some LEO... they just don't understand the concept because they themselves will not be part of the problem we face .

excuse me. i have to make the connection? yeah ok. besides this post has to be one of the dumbest i have seen here.

apparently you don't know the oath we take. may i suggest you look it up and read it. :facepalm:

i've what? made 2 posts in this thread and this being one of them.

oh and if and i mean a BIG IF. i seriously doubt you would survive the encounter along with whoever you are with. just saying.

i really don't know whether to take this as a personal threat against my life or not. if so then buddy i hope you have a good lawyer. your gonna need it.

Wow. This thread went overboard pretty quickly.

yeah brother it did. not only i have been threatened for what ever reason. i only made a post or two in this thread.

i have to say he made a stupid post a really stupid one for that matter.

chris
10-08-2012, 6:46 PM
Whats this?

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=41224

give me a better source it what i call it.

in fact yes it has and a member was banned for it BTW.

lets see my first post was about getting gas saturday morning and a Sam's club across the street.

then this member here made this post.

let us see where the instigation begins and who it is.

my rant was on the stupid voters here, and the CARB. then another member pretty much threatened IMO every service member on this board.

cudakidd
10-08-2012, 6:49 PM
Doesn't sound like a direct threat to me and I'm Federal LEO.

The reference to the 2nd Amendment and resistance to Tyrannical Government is where this stuff starts. And yes if Law Enforcement were to become some sort of Gestapo like establishment then they would be a target for resistance.

But all the LEOs I know, including myself are usually very pro gun, politically conservative and not the issue, now the Political Appointees that run the agency may be the problem but rank and file will not be!

Look at all the Recent activity when the Soviet Union fell, in the Warsaw Pact countries the Police refused to fire on their citizens and many joined their ranks. Now troops may be an issue but I would never personally believe that either.

blasterboy
10-08-2012, 6:57 PM
My guess is you already have just about everything you need for a shtf scenario; so what should you get on a 2 hour shopping spree. Trade items!!!
Also assuming you have lots of money in the bank and are driving a big truck:D

High dollar alcohol
Bandaids/Neosporin/Pain Reliever/Cold Remedy
Diaper wipes
Bulk sealable plastic bags/garbage bags
duct tape
solar lights
solar chargers home size
solar chargers portable for backpack (ipods, cell phones, rechrd batts)
vitamins
feminine healthcare-unscented (useful for lots of things including battlefield dressing)
bleach/hydrogen peroxide
toothpaste/brushes
reading glasses (never can have enough of them)
*Bicycle tubes and tires
*Leather work gloves
*Safety glasses
*Axes/Mauls/Saws/Lumber wedge
*=pure trade item not something you could use easily if the shtf is short term all the others are consummable by most people over time
lastly, any long lasting candy and gum

Travis590A1
10-08-2012, 8:43 PM
I have everything I need, id spend the 2 hours either getting to better defensive place or lockin up the house. Or spend 1 hour at the hardware store before hand lol

AleksandreCz
10-08-2012, 8:47 PM
give me a better source it what i call it.

in fact yes it has and a member was banned for it BTW.

lets see my first post was about getting gas saturday morning and a Sam's club across the street.

then this member here made this post.

let us see where the instigation begins and who it is.

my rant was on the stupid voters here, and the CARB. then another member pretty much threatened IMO every service member on this board.

I completely understand where youre coming from and why you are offended you take a slight against armed services personally. But I don't see anyone personally attacking you granted I might be missing something. But for most people the worry that the government will turn the army against the citizens is a real concern. Not because they are worried about the soldiers but because they are apprehensive of the government.

chris
10-08-2012, 8:53 PM
I completely understand where youre coming from and why you are offended you take a slight against armed services personally. But I don't see anyone personally attacking you granted I might be missing something. But for most people the worry that the government will turn the army against the citizens is a real concern. Not because they are worried about the soldiers but because they are apprehensive of the government.

i understand government part. but search unlawfull orders and read it carefully. this is what many here FAIL to either understand or read at all. and it's not some BS rule i'm making up. look up the UCMJ on it as well.

Gothboy
10-08-2012, 9:37 PM
Ask him if two hours is enough time to kiss his family goodbye? He would never make it BACK from costco.

DannyInSoCal
10-09-2012, 2:14 AM
Am I the only one who would go to the strip club...?

Those hotty chicas are going to be very thankful for food and water....

chris
10-09-2012, 4:23 AM

Never thought of that. Good idea free lap dances.

TrailerparkTrash
10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
This thread needs to be shut down. Lots of paranoid schizos making some bizarre comments now. :rolleyes:

FredoSD
10-09-2012, 1:09 PM
I'm thinking a 2 hr head start is moot, the reasons already stated are accurate. The one thing we need to remember is with today's technology everyone at the banks will be texting their family and friends who in return will text, call and send carrier pigions to all of their families and freinds. Those 2 hrs will shrink down to about 2 minutes before there is panic and a run on supplies. Get ready now you might stand a fighting chance.
I might be wrong but I'd rather be wrong and ready then right and not ready....

rspar
10-09-2012, 1:39 PM
With 2hrs you'd be better off taking care of your home.

cudakidd
10-09-2012, 4:26 PM
Two hours would be better spent filling BOB with water, checking ammo stores, loads, prepping the house.

Dutch3
10-09-2012, 4:32 PM
The one thing we need to remember is with today's technology everyone at the banks will be texting their family and friends who in return will text, call and send carrier pigions to all of their families and freinds. Those 2 hrs will shrink down to about 2 minutes before there is panic and a run on supplies.

This is a very important point. The instant connectivity possessed by most individuals on the planet has increased exponentially over the past few years.

I don't know if that 2 hours would be reduced to 2 minutes, but that probably isn't very far off the mark. While this "communication revolution" certainly has it's benefits, it has also been the bane of those trying to keep a lid on things.

stix213
10-09-2012, 5:25 PM
If I had two hours notice I'd just head home. Takes me almost that long to get home from work anyway. I'd use the last few minutes to unlock the safe, and that's pretty much it.

bruss01
10-09-2012, 5:52 PM
Seriously, has no one here ever seen

"Rawles Gets You Ready" where James Wesley Rawles walks you through a big box store like Costco or Sam's Club and gets you prepped right off the store shelves?

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's a great start for someone who doesn't know where or how to start.

jmsenk
10-09-2012, 6:21 PM
Seriously, has no one here ever seen

"Rawles Gets You Ready" where James Wesley Rawles walks you through a big box store like Costco or Sam's Club and gets you prepped right off the store shelves?

Sure, it's not perfect, but it's a great start for someone who doesn't know where or how to start.

Actually, no, I've never seen that. Might be worth a look.

jmsenk
10-09-2012, 6:48 PM

This would depend entirely on the time of day, and the day of the week. Wouldn't want to open your home to the B team or the practice squad you'd find on a Teusday at 3pm.

I'm more of a "Girl next door" type anyway

I do, however, live with a hot nurse girlfriend, who has hot nurse friends who would be in need of shelter. If you're a bad *** trigger puller and door kicker who can pull his own weight, I might let yall come hang out.

bruss01
10-09-2012, 8:53 PM

It was a printout available from James Rawles for a time... not sure if it's still being offered. I will have to do some research and check back.

If it's not something currently available I may be able to make the data accessible. Let me see what I can do.

Regardless -

I hate to feed this kind of fantasy given the lead-in... it leads me to suspect that the person who originally asked the question wants to put off prepping until the eleventh hour.

That is just not practical. It is not do-able in the conventional sense.

Yes, I'm sure that all of us, however well-prepped we are, would like to have "more" of one thing or another. Some of us would run to Costco or the nearest Asian market for an extra bag of rice. To the nearest supermarket for another case of canned goods. To the hardware store for nails or boards or batteries. Assuming we had enough advance notice to consider ourselves "ahead of the curve" and ahead of the herd. Maybe hard to store articles like fuel. We'd all like "a little more".

The problem with this philosophy is that there's no way to be "ahead of the curve" except in terms of tangible possession. You caught a radio blip, or got a call from a friend who is "in the know". Do you have 2 hours? Who was faster than your blip, or your friend? Do you not think these things would spread like wild-fire?

The whole "2 hours to stock up" thing is a dodge. It is a way for people to salve their conscience. They can afford that big truck... their poker night... those nice vacations... that really expensive house... those Friday nights out on the town... because they're **SMART** see? They'll just keep an ear to the ground and while everyone else is waiting around for the official announcement, they'll run to the store **QUICK**, see? and grab everything they need on credit and never have to worry about having a generator, and maintaining it... never worry about what food to get, or rotating it... never worry about fuel, or treating/rotating it... never worry about water, after all they can fill the bathtub and buy up all Wallmart or Costco's water before the word gets out to the proles. Cuz he's **SMART** see? Unlike those Doomsday preppers who have everything ahead of time. MAAAAANNNNN.... can you imagine sacrificing all that time and money stocking up? Endless shopping lists? Driving humble cars, eating humble meals, living in a humble home? Not having a trophy wife who loves her bottomless charge accounts at the mall? Having to do without those airfares to Disney, to Canada, to Europe? Doing without those cruises or those ski vacations? Man... that's worse than not surviving some apocalypse that might never come... right?

Right.

Anyone see a problem with that?

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who are willing to sacrifice now to thrive later... and those who insist on fulfilling their whims now, in the hopes that there will never be a **LATER** that they have to worry about surviving. The whole 2 hours thing is a dodge to salve people's conscience who don't want to sacrifice now but still hope to survive later.

Pick one. Live it. There is no ** between **.

rspar
10-10-2012, 1:19 PM
Anyone have any ideas on distilling ocean water?

mif_slim
10-10-2012, 1:42 PM

Well, dig a hole and pour ocean water into it, put a plastic sheet over the hole and place a cup/bottle/etc in the center of the hole. Place a rock or small heavy object in the center of plastic covering hole and wait for the sun to do its job.

AleksandreCz
10-10-2012, 3:07 PM
Well, dig a hole and pour ocean water into it, put a plastic sheet over the hole and place a cup/bottle/etc in the center of the hole. Place a rock or small heavy object in the center of plastic covering hole and wait for the sun to do its job.

Would work even better with a still I would only use that method if no fire was available.
Salt doesn't "Evaporate" antil well past 1000 C' water as we all know will evaporate at 1/10 that temp

Because I live so close to the ocean Depending on water conditions its a big part of my plan to distill salt water

bruss01
10-22-2012, 5:44 AM

It was a printout available from James Rawles for a time... not sure if it's still being offered. I will have to do some research and check back.

If it's not something currently available I may be able to make the data accessible. Let me see what I can do.

Regardless -

I hate to feed this kind of fantasy given the lead-in... it leads me to suspect that the person who originally asked the question wants to put off prepping until the eleventh hour.

That is just not practical. It is not do-able in the conventional sense.

Yes, I'm sure that all of us, however well-prepped we are, would like to have "more" of one thing or another. Some of us would run to Costco or the nearest Asian market for an extra bag of rice. To the nearest supermarket for another case of canned goods. To the hardware store for nails or boards or batteries. Assuming we had enough advance notice to consider ourselves "ahead of the curve" and ahead of the herd. Maybe hard to store articles like fuel. We'd all like "a little more".

The problem with this philosophy is that there's no way to be "ahead of the curve" except in terms of tangible possession. You caught a radio blip, or got a call from a friend who is "in the know". Do you have 2 hours? Who was faster than your blip, or your friend? Do you not think these things would spread like wild-fire?

The whole "2 hours to stock up" thing is a dodge. It is a way for people to salve their conscience. They can afford that big truck... their poker night... those nice vacations... that really expensive house... those Friday nights out on the town... because they're **SMART** see? They'll just keep an ear to the ground and while everyone else is waiting around for the official announcement, they'll run to the store **QUICK**, see? and grab everything they need on credit and never have to worry about having a generator, and maintaining it... never worry about what food to get, or rotating it... never worry about fuel, or treating/rotating it... never worry about water, after all they can fill the bathtub and buy up all Wallmart or Costco's water before the word gets out to the proles. Cuz he's **SMART** see? Unlike those Doomsday preppers who have everything ahead of time. MAAAAANNNNN.... can you imagine sacrificing all that time and money stocking up? Endless shopping lists? Driving humble cars, eating humble meals, living in a humble home? Not having a trophy wife who loves her bottomless charge accounts at the mall? Having to do without those airfares to Disney, to Canada, to Europe? Doing without those cruises or those ski vacations? Man... that's worse than not surviving some apocalypse that might never come... right?

Right.

Anyone see a problem with that?

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who are willing to sacrifice now to thrive later... and those who insist on fulfilling their whims now, in the hopes that there will never be a **LATER** that they have to worry about surviving. The whole 2 hours thing is a dodge to salve people's conscience who don't want to sacrifice now but still hope to survive later.

Pick one. Live it. There is no ** between **.

The "Rawles Gets You Ready" information is available again after being out of print for a while. You can get it at:

http://readyfortheworst.com/

This info specifically takes one through a big box store such as Costco or Sams Club and advises you on off-the-shelf purchase that will work with your prepping efforts.

paul0660
10-22-2012, 5:53 AM
Even if SHTF this will still work:

zfTDEkjPGzQ

Then, walk in and buy all their bourbon.

dieselpower
10-22-2012, 8:51 AM

from yahoo

Instructions

1-Place the tumbler in the center of the pan.

2-Add seawater until it reaches 1 inch below the top of the tumbler.

3-Place the arrangement on your stove or other heat source and bring the water to a boil.

4-Reduce the heat until the water is simmering and place the lid on it, upside down. Alternatively, place a wide, shallow bowl over the pan. Place ice in the lid. Steam should condense on the lid or bowl, causing the resulting water to run down to the lowest point, in the center. From there it should drip into the glass.

5-Remove the glass and empty the distilled water into another container periodically. You can top up the seawater until you have as much drinking water as you need.

Read more: How to Boil Sea Water to Drink | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8237465_boil-sea-water-drink.html#ixzz2A30CAM60

FYI salt water takes a long time to boil... plan on using nearly twice as much fuel than boiling regular water.

Baconator
10-22-2012, 8:55 AM
Why do we try so hard to stay alive when shtf? I've never understood the mindset of trying to live in fear of dying or having to kill untold amounts of people for days or weeks or months. Why?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BruceR
10-22-2012, 2:15 PM
Why do we try so hard to stay alive when shtf? I've never understood the mindset of trying to live in fear of dying or having to kill untold amounts of people for days or weeks or months. Why?

In learning about world history, I always asked myself how did people know to leave Russia, Cambodia, Germany, and so many other places before the opportunity was lost. I ask myself about how did people know to leave the great financial party of the late 1920s while still able.

I guess it's good to pay attention and think with a long-term outlook. Darwin did say something about the most adaptable surviving . . .

arslin
10-23-2012, 2:52 PM
The idea that you will be one of the few lucky people that are given a few hours notice is nothing to build a plan off of.

The few precious hours in the beginning of a SHTF event will be key, but only a few hours would not be enough to start from square one. Mostly, that time would be needed to change your mindset.

MigNoche
10-23-2012, 3:03 PM
If I knew SHTF was in T-2hours I would load up all my guns and take over the Costco. Why BS with shopping. Post SHTF Power is currency not worthless green backs.

arslin
10-23-2012, 3:31 PM
If I knew SHTF was in T-2hours I would load up all my guns and take over the Costco. Why BS with shopping. Post SHTF Power is currency not worthless green backs.

Note: there is a difference between SHTF, WROL, and TEOTWAWKI.

The first (and maybe the second) imply that order will return, and one should consider that punishment might be enacted for any actions you might have done during the bad times.

In a TEOTWAWKI event, do you think you will be the biggest dog on the block, and able to fend off all the other dogs? As much as maintaining control of a costco would have advantages... you also would be a giant target for a lot hungry people. I would rather find a hole, and lay low. Fighting over resources is the easiest way to reduce your chance of survival.

We are not talking about Mad Max

11HE9
10-23-2012, 9:22 PM
Except for the local grocery, hardware and "stop & rob" gas station, everything is a thirty-five minute drive for me... (in a perfect world)

If I had a two hour window to get last minute supplies together... I'd top off gas tanks, gas cans, and propane bottles. Any remaining time would be spent filling water containers.

MigNoche
10-24-2012, 8:42 AM
Note: there is a difference between SHTF, WROL, and TEOTWAWKI.

The first (and maybe the second) imply that order will return, and one should consider that punishment might be enacted for any actions you might have done during the bad times.

In a TEOTWAWKI event, do you think you will be the biggest dog on the block, and able to fend off all the other dogs? As much as maintaining control of a costco would have advantages... you also would be a giant target for a lot hungry people. I would rather find a hole, and lay low. Fighting over resources is the easiest way to reduce your chance of survival.

We are not talking about Mad Max

For the record I agree with you, I was just throwing out a hypothetical. I am not one of those types that say "I dont need to prepare, I have guns and I can take what ever I want if I need something".

paul0660
10-24-2012, 8:48 AM

Ever been elbowed while trying to get a free sample at costco? Shtf is that times 10, at least. It will be serious.

oddball
12-12-2012, 8:34 PM
Using the OPs fictional scenario- having a 2 hr head start on a SHTF situation, I would go local in my town, add to my food supplies (bags of rice, beans, canned meats, soups and milk, instant coffee, salt, sugar, cereal, energy bars, etc), purchase more alcohol and cigarettes, more toilet paper, bottled water, and more medical supplies. Hit the local hardware store for 2X4s, plywood, solar lawn lamps, batteries and extra camping propane cylinders. Then top off my truck with gasoline and refill my larger propane tanks. Since I "know" that it will hit the fan, now my living room can be my storage area for my new purchases. Plus the extra supplies could be bartered (especially cigarettes, booze and toilet paper) and used as a tool for alliance with neighbors since I already have supplies in place.

Even with multiple trips, I can easily get the above done in 2 hours with time to spare. Ammo and guns are more than taken care of already.

Cali-Glock
12-13-2012, 6:16 PM
A normal trip to Costco is 45 minutes to an hour. If there is even a 10% increase in traffic, you are going to be waiting for much longer as grocery stores, banks, costco, etc use predictive software for their scheduling.

Costco is more than an hour from my home - on the time of year (no snow), the right day, right time of day, right car, I could run to Costco drive through their parking lot and make it home.... assuming I did not get stopped for speeding. :-)

But assuming I am already in Costco and suddenly I believe it is 2 hours till chaos, TEOTWAWKI?

I would buy more Beans, Rice, canned food, spices, paper products, batteries.