PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Find Stats?

Kid Stanislaus
08-05-2012, 6:06 PM
I want to know how many rifles, by caliber, are sold yearly in CA. I checked the CA DOJ website but there was nothing there.

MrPlink
08-05-2012, 6:39 PM
At least 4. Maybe 5 if it has magpul or bcm parts.

Librarian
08-05-2012, 7:17 PM
Not available.

DROS does not collect that info for long guns.

You'd have to contact all 2000 or so CA FFLs and ask.

crazychinaman
08-06-2012, 6:50 AM
Not available.

DROS does not collect that info for long guns.

You'd have to contact all 2000 or so CA FFLs and ask.

The official answer from DOJ/ATF is that they don't keep track.Unofficial answer is that they do keep track.They know what you have .Especially if you happened to have a high security clearance miltary /civil job .My good friends where told to register their assault weapons back in the first wave by their employers.They knew what they had bought in the past.

Librarian
08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
The official answer from DOJ/ATF is that they don't keep track.Unofficial answer is that they do keep track.They know what you have .Especially if you happened to have a high security clearance miltary /civil job .My good friends where told to register their assault weapons back in the first wave by their employers.They knew what they had bought in the past.

'Assault weapons' registered are a different thing.

The DROS software doesn't even have a place to enter the make/model/caliber of long guns. The only way the State could have that info is if they were to go to each store and copy 4473 data.

I think we would have heard about that if it were happening.