PDA

View Full Version : Vepr AK conversion help

iano1
08-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction to install standard AK handguards on my Vepr (7.62x39) ?

I've seen this part:

http://dpharms.com/products/vepr/vep..._retainer.html

But how do I fit the top handguard piece? Will I need a different gas tube?

I know Atlantic sells a complete converted version- but they don't sell parts to do it.

I don't know too much about AKs- so is appreciate some help!

Richard Erichsen
08-04-2012, 6:56 AM
Can someone point me in the right direction to install standard AK handguards on my Vepr (7.62x39) ?

I've seen this part:

http://dpharms.com/products/vepr/vep..._retainer.html

But how do I fit the top handguard piece? Will I need a different gas tube?

I know Atlantic sells a complete converted version- but they don't sell parts to do it.

I don't know too much about AKs- so is appreciate some help!

Correct. The gas tube has the retainer plate for the upper handguard normally and of course, the VEPR is not equipped with as sold. Buy a new gas tube and you should be good to go.

R

iano1
08-10-2012, 9:48 PM
Correct. The gas tube has the retainer plate for the upper handguard normally and of course, the VEPR is not equipped with as sold. Buy a new gas tube and you should be good to go.

R

Thanks- bought all my parts- just waiting for last ones to arrive.

zfields
08-11-2012, 6:26 AM
I have an extra gas tube if you need one.

atakacorp
08-11-2012, 7:48 AM
You'll need lower hand guard retainer, get it from Dinzag .I have used retainer from my Saiga 308 on my Vepr

Richard Erichsen
08-11-2012, 8:24 AM
You'll need lower hand guard retainer, get it from Dinzag .I have used retainer from my Saiga 308 on my Vepr

Only go to Dinzag when you can't find it anywhere else. Lower handguard retainers are an item Rguns, Centerfire, RobertRTG and Apex generally carry at much lower price.

R

iano1
09-15-2012, 8:15 PM
I have an extra gas tube if you need one.

I just saw this- all done, but thank you

tujungatoes
09-15-2012, 8:33 PM
:useless: