PDA

View Full Version : Holster for Ruger Mark with Volquartsen V-Comp

XDshooter
07-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know of a holster to fit this combo? Has anyone tried the Black Dog holster with the V-Comp?

Thanks.

Wicked K5
07-24-2012, 4:40 PM
Do you already have a V-Comp? Can you get a measurement from bore centerline to the top of the sight blade and also to the bottom as well? I have the Black Dog holster for my 5.5" bull barrel. I'll try to get some measurements when I have some time.

XDshooter
07-24-2012, 5:02 PM
Do you already have a V-Comp? Can you get a measurement from bore centerline to the top of the sight blade and also to the bottom as well? I have the Black Dog holster for my 5.5" bull barrel. I'll try to get some measurements when I have some time.

I do have one. I'll post measurements later tonight. Thanks.

TKM
07-24-2012, 5:30 PM
The Vcomp on my slab side 678GC is wider than the receiver. It won't even begin to fit in my Fobus MK II holster.

Unfortunately most holsters are made to fit the receiver.

This will make for some slop. Good luck.

Wicked K5
07-25-2012, 7:58 AM
Took my 5.5" bull barrel 22/45 out of the safe this morning to take some pics and measurements of the Black Dog holster. Sorry OP but I don't think a V-Comp will work with this holster . The width of the holster where the barrel sits is only 1 1/8" wide and top clearance for the sight is 1" from the bore's centerline. Here's a couple pics for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XDshooter
08-05-2012, 9:24 PM
I totally dropped the ball on this.

VQ V-Comp is 1.115" OD.
Center to top of sight is 0.880"

Wicked K5, did you measure the opening with calipers?

Gurney
08-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Talk to Walter at Spetzgear. He seems to be able to make a kydex holster for anything. I'm very pleased with the custom CZ52 rig he made for me.

http://www.spetzgear.com/

jyo
08-06-2012, 1:24 PM
Just call any local leather maker and have him make one for your pistol---unless you must have a plastic holster...

XDshooter
08-06-2012, 9:38 PM
Just call any local leather maker and have him make one for your pistol---unless you must have a plastic holster...

I would really prefer a plastic holster.

Wicked K5
08-07-2012, 7:58 AM
I totally dropped the ball on this.

VQ V-Comp is 1.115" OD.
Center to top of sight is 0.880"

Wicked K5, did you measure the opening with calipers?

I don't have a pair of calipers. Just measured carefully with a metal ruler. Have you posted this question on RFC? Good chance someone there has tried this combo and will give you a definite answer.

XDshooter
08-07-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't have a pair of calipers. Just measured carefully with a metal ruler. Have you posted this question on RFC? Good chance someone there has tried this combo and will give you a definite answer.

I'll post over there. Thanks.

In the back of almost any magazine (cars, trucks, guns, tech, etc) they always have a $9.99 coupon for the 6" calipers from harbor freight.