PDA

View Full Version : Single Action Auto Class Lassen Gunsmithing school

CIV Tactical
07-14-2012, 8:04 AM
I just finished getting my certificate for the design function and repair of single action autos. For those of you who are interested in learning how to fine tune 1911's for combat readiness I highly suggest you look into taking the summer course up at lassen community college. I learned an amazing amount of information about fine tuning these pistols. The instructor used to work for colt doing all there repairs and doing there duty/combat ready pistols for operating teams, he has over 30 years of experience with this firearm. We went over every possible angle of this gun from proper barrel link fitting,fitting for loose breach, lockup, trigger jobs, proper sear/disconnector function, extractor tuning, ejector tuning etc.... that is just a fraction of what was taught in the class. I just wanted to pass this information on and let people know that its out there right here in California. They have a two year program that I will be attending for gunsmithing and receiving a associates of arts and science degree. They teach you everything!