PDA

View Full Version : New Frontier polymer lower

martinez
07-12-2012, 2:12 PM
has anybody have had issues with it (bad/good) ? im thinking about using it on a 7.62x39 upper

bonesurf
07-12-2012, 2:36 PM
Basically you will get "haters" on the principle and users. As a user issues: VERY tight fit to connect upper and lower. Its a commercial spec buffer tube (no biggie just be aware if you buy an aftermarket stock). Trigger to me is smoother than stock "regular" trigger. Otherwise they work near as I can tell. Durability...beats me but no real rational reason it shouldnt be durable. YMMV

takinflight33
07-12-2012, 11:03 PM
i love everything about mine about 200 rounds with no problems

operator13
07-12-2012, 11:10 PM
+1 to what bonesurf said...extreme tight fight between upper and lower...initially the magazine catch was sticking when I installed my raddlock, but it slowly wore in and is very smooth now. Trigger is much more crisp than a stock trigger, reset is also very nice. I changed out my buffer tube for a milspec tube since all of the stocks I have are milspec.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/tssinternational/Midlength%20DTI%20LW15%20Build/IMG_1507.jpg

New Frontier Armory is also a stand up company. I lost the takedown pin detent when installing my ASAP plate, and they sent me a replacement one the very next day. I'd say get one before they increase their price!

jsipe007
07-12-2012, 11:10 PM
The only thing to be wark of is that I have heard that long term durability can be an issue. I know of a few people who had issues with PC Lowers... but I havent heard much about NFA. Im running a NFA G-15 Lower (aluminum) and Its great so far :)

dmax11
07-12-2012, 11:19 PM
i got mine out of jail this past Tuesday it mated with my budget DPMS 16" bull barrel upper i also bought for my first AR build with little trouble, getting it into the 2nd take down pin is a tight fit but i expected that from what i had read. the trigger feels very good, nice clean break and not excessively heavy with a very short pull, granted i'm used too long heavy creepy triggers on my other rifles like my 91/30 and Yugo SKS i used to own. the yugo had so much creep that at the range i mastered pulling it to near breaking point then letting off and then aiming and firing to increase my accuracy LOL

i've looked into the LW-15 a lot, i have found nothing but happy owners thus far and the nay sayers are people claiming its a plum crazy rebranded and showing a few pics of broken PC lowers none of which appeared to be broken from normal use imo and most likely from abuse or carelessness while disassembling them. (upper still pinned on front take down crashing down into the front of the lower spliting it at the seam and breaking the take down loops off)

i've drawn the conclusion that if its just a range rifle its a perfectly fine lower that has a better trigger than most LPK's and is cheaper than any complete lower you will find assembled or pieced together. if it breaks oh well buy a new lower and LPK if needed and then go ahead and bash it. till then nobody has broke a NFA polymer lower yet and they have been out for 6~ months now.

Whiplash Actual
07-13-2012, 1:01 AM
I like mine a lot. Until serial number 2000 they had an issue with being able to switch the safety on with the hammer released but they fixed it.

joker70
07-13-2012, 9:42 AM
I like mine. I have over 1000 22lr and around 100 .223 rounds on the same lower.

I don't have much experience with other ARs but I'm kind of surprised to hear that the LW-15 trigger is nicer than basic LPKs. When I reset the trigger on mine it feels clunky, especially compared to my other firearms.

Eventually I'm going to build a lower dedicated to my 5.56. It will probably be aluminium. That's not a knock on the polymer rather that I want a nicer stock and grip than the A2.

nekokoneko
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Love mine. So far I shot 220 62gr out of it and see no problem. I should of bought a second one before the price increase.

Drivedabizness
07-13-2012, 2:50 PM
I really like mine. As some have said, the trigger is nicer than my S&W MP15T - even with a modded spring kit.

I had issues on delivery with the detent pin (fixed immediately and at no charge by SacBlackRifle) but have had no fit issues of any kind with the DelTon 20" upper I mated it to.

I have serial # <2000 so they sent me a replacement fire control group but I have not installed it as the lower has performed flawlessly.

I did add a comspec MagPul stock and a pistol grip - mostly for looks

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/drivedabizness/DSC_0192.jpg

MrExel17
07-13-2012, 4:44 PM
Don't own 1, but all the reviews I read are positive!

Kelster1574
07-13-2012, 7:32 PM
I just walked in the door from putting a complete NFA Polymer lower in jail......we will just have to wait and see......couldn't beat the price so what the heck

ssaction
07-13-2012, 7:35 PM
I have two getting out of jail on Tuesday!

bonesurf
07-13-2012, 8:00 PM
Again. The FIT between the lower and uppers is super tight as are the pivot and push pins. Otherwise....they work. In terms of durability....what I would be more concerned about are the trigger/hammer pins working loose. Polymer is tough in terms of impact and such, but it's relatively easy to "sand" it wear the holes with motion I would suspect. One of mine is a .22 lower dedicated. Not worried about that one. The other two I have added kns pins to protect against that. Even after that I paid 136 for a complete lower. Crazy cheap.