PDA

View Full Version : Which new P226 should I buy?

mr00jimbo
07-10-2012, 3:49 PM
I sold my P220 9mm up here in Canada. I never thought I'd sell it, but I did it.
Now I am having Sig withdawal, with only my P226 ST acting as methadone.

I saw the P226 "German", triple serial number model. What's the word on those? I don't see much on 'em on the internet.

Also, the P226 MK25 "Navy" and yes I've seen the thread with the rusted mainspring. I've heard American production Sigs have lesser quality than the German ones. My German Sig cycles like butter, my P226 ST is newer and a lot tighter, takes some muscle to rack the slide but I chalk that up to it being so new and so effing heavy.

I told myself that if I sold the Sig, it had to be replaced with another Sig (2 Glocks, 2 Sigs, that's the harmony in the safe, if I have 1 Sig and 2 Glocks, my OCD will eat me alive :43: )
Not interested in the diamond version, the Hello Kitty version, the freaking rainbow edition or super duper special forces edition, just like the Mk25 for its subtle uniqueness (I'll admit I'm a sucker for the anchor)
and the German for its rarity and triple serial number coolness, plus German quality and apparently no MIM (not starting an MIM argument, just sayin' )

So yeah, which of those two models would you recommend?
I only want to buy new, and I'm in Canada so if you know of a place that I could purchase a Sig for a good price, let me know, I can hire a broker to do the importing paperwork.

fullrearview
07-10-2012, 3:54 PM
You would be fine with an American version... Just did an IDPA match on Sunday with ABSOLUTELY no lubrication. It ran perfect even with crappy Win. White Box .40.

I really like the new scorpion line. I would love to get a P229 Scorpion, but that is just me.

MrExel17
07-10-2012, 3:57 PM
Go for the Navy!

forgiven
07-10-2012, 4:58 PM
Didn't know you could own handguns in Canada. :confused:

far from tactical
07-10-2012, 5:55 PM
What about the 226 combat is a nice gun

Apec
07-10-2012, 5:55 PM
Didn't know you could own handguns in Canada. :confused:

At least they can still import new Norincos. We gotta put up with what's already in circulation.

ElvenSoul
07-10-2012, 6:19 PM
Navy, but have you ever fired a CZ?

unusedusername
07-10-2012, 7:55 PM
You would be fine with an American version... Just did an IDPA match on Sunday with ABSOLUTELY no lubrication. It ran perfect even with crappy Win. White Box .40.

I really like the new scorpion line. I would love to get a P229 Scorpion, but that is just me.

The new (and old) Sigs run fine with no lube, they just only last 1/10th of the lifetime they have if you run them lubed.

OP: between those two I'd go with the german version unless you are going to use it near water. The rail on the Navy (MK25) is different from a standard Sig rail so many kydex holsters won't fit the MK25 version.