PDA

View Full Version : Help installing YHM Phantom FH

insin
07-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Hello all,
I removed the old flash hider, cleaned the threads and the new flash hider, installed the crush washer in the right orientation, then hand screwed the new phantom FH. It gets to hand tight, but the indexing seems to be off. The potion of the FH that should be at the 6 o'clock position when fully tightened is at roughly 11 o'clock. This is of course before the crush washer gets really "crushed". Is this normal? I didn't fully torque the barrel because I was concerned. Do you think that the barrel will index correctly to the 6 o'clock position?

What if it doesn't? The FH only came with a new crush washer.

tHANKS

monk
07-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I had this same issue, then I read another forum and the person said that it's called a "crush" washer because that's what it literally does. Do this, put the AR on a flat surface, put a towel if you don't want to scuff it. Grab your FH wrench with one hand and grab the lower, even the pistol grip if you want, and give it a good turn, it will give.

scglock
07-07-2012, 3:04 AM
I had this same issue, then I read another forum and the person said that it's called a "crush" washer because that's what it literally does. Do this, put the AR on a flat surface, put a towel if you don't want to scuff it. Grab your FH wrench with one hand and grab the lower, even the pistol grip if you want, and give it a good turn, it will give.

+1, you need to fully torque it

TNP'R
07-07-2012, 4:01 AM
+1, you need to fully torque it

Yep, once its on tighten it down till its at the proper position.