PDA

View Full Version : Bersa .380

rocker
07-04-2012, 7:14 AM
Wife and I recently purchased a pair of Bersa Thunder .380's. Took them to the range yesterday and put 100rnds down each of them. No issues at all. Those guns are easy to shoot and recoil is minimal. I love the double/single action trigger. We were considering the LC9, nice gun very light but both of us did not like the double action only trigger and my wife had a hard time with the 9mm slide. Over the past several weeks we rented several different 9mm and she just could not handle the slide. Also rented .38, .357, .40 and even a .22mag which we both really liked. I think Im still going to get a .22mag eventually. I personally would have preferred a 9mm but I did not want to have to purchase 2 different pistol calibers. So I just got the same as her and I really like it!.380 is readily available. We purchased 250rnds at .28ea and I have seen it as low as .24ea so price of ammo is ok. We used FMJ 95 grain brass cased. Next up, CCW class!

liberty47
07-04-2012, 7:29 AM
Glad you enjoy it! I like my Bersa Thunder .380!!!

diego-ted
07-04-2012, 7:39 AM
love the one we own too!!

SIGman Freud
07-04-2012, 7:49 AM
I also own 2 Versa 380s. Came real close to selling them off a year or two ago when the ammo was scarce and too expensive. Glad I didn't sell them. Now that I am just married, I will have my wife get trained and comfortable with the Bersas. I think they're great pistols for the money and they're STILL priced at just under $300 after all these years!

I got one in the all nickel finish and the duotone. Hmm.....I think I'll take one of them with me to the range this weekend.

Ezekiel2000
07-04-2012, 7:57 AM
I think they do give a bit more recoil than expected just because of the blowback design but still have fun with mine!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lGOAamCtPdc/T_RnLElyoDI/AAAAAAAAB3U/W2Y8jJBfoCs/s800/Bersa.jpg

controlled_burst
07-04-2012, 8:18 AM
The Thunder .380 is on the short list for next up, unless I can find one for PPT it will be 24 more days atleast. Great gun.

Greg

InGrAM
07-04-2012, 8:19 AM
:thumbsup: Good choice

I recently bought one for my girlfriend for a purse CC gun. Seems like a quality firearm, especially for the price. I have heard and read nothing but good things about them. You did good for a CC/female pistola. Get some COR-BON P+ or Federal hydra-shok P+ ammo for it when you carry it and you will be set.

2nd Shot
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I have the same model as Ezekiel, and it's a nice little gun. I bought one for the g/f, but she likes the smoother recoil and cheaper ammo of her XD-9 more (unexpected solution...).

That said, it's extremely accurate, and I haven't sold it since I like the looks and ergonomics, and I wanted something to fill the classic Walther PP style blowback pistol role, and this is a great pick at less than half the cost.

dc2integra
07-04-2012, 4:59 PM
Shot one at the range the other day they are great guns.Im buying my wife one .

Darto
07-04-2012, 6:30 PM
http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-concealed-carry.html

I do not see this model (the one with sort of recessed sights) on the california legal list. Are these available for purchase in california?

Bug Splat
07-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Great pistol. Wife made me sell mine but its going to a good home with a fellow Calgunner. It was 100% for me with all types of ammo. I like it much more than the Walthers.

laabstract
07-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I love the trigger on mine.

drifter2be
07-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Had one, kept it for a month and sold it. Had issues with it several times. Got it fixed by a smith, but the issues I had caused the trigger to be completely inoperable. After the smith explained to me exactly what was happening (small spring was coming out basically disabling the trigger as though the magazine was removed) I would never trust my life to a gun that could fail that easily. If I can't trust my life to a gun I will not keep it, reliability is paramount when it comes to firearms in my book. Fun gun to shoot, but there are better out there. Made me sad that I couldn't trust it because I actually liked the size and feel of the gun and was going to consider it as a gun to use when I apply for my LTC.

586L-Frame
07-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I have a Bersa Firestorm .380. No issues with it.
I was surprised how accurate this pistol shoots at 7yds.
Combat grips are very comfortable.

I also like my Ruger LC9 9mm.
586L-Frame

DLC’s Bersa Firestorm .380acp. with Bianchi Holster.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC02468-DLCsFireStorm380.jpg

DLC’s Ruger LC9 9mm.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/dlchan/DSC00493-DLCsRugerLC9wmags.jpg

x

RedFord150
07-05-2012, 7:54 AM
I am also a very happy Bersa owner.

liberty47
07-05-2012, 8:00 AM
I have the same model as Ezekiel, and it's a nice little gun. I bought one for the g/f, but she likes the smoother recoil and cheaper ammo of her XD-9 more (unexpected solution...).

That said, it's extremely accurate, and I haven't sold it since I like the looks and ergonomics, and I wanted something to fill the classic Walther PP style blowback pistol role, and this is a great pick at less than half the cost.

My XD9 is a much smoother shot than the Bersa, however, the bersa is so compact makes for a great CC.

For the price of the Bersa you can't go wrong!

jlbflyboy172
07-05-2012, 10:47 AM
When I took my ccw class there was a guy there trying to qualify with a revolver that had about a 20 pound trigger pull and he was having a hard time with it. Instructor suggested that he look for a different carry piece. At break he went out to the counter and ended up buying a Bersa .380. The store let him go qualify with the gun after purchase and he shot it right out of the box. No cleaning no practice and the guy shot the gun really well and qualified right on the spot. No issues at all with the gun and it was accurate as hell. I have never shot one but I was impressed with what I saw. Obvioulsy the new owner was quite pleased.