PDA

View Full Version : Bakersfield range recommendations...

Greg-Dawg
05-12-2007, 7:36 PM
Anyone recommend a nice range in Bakersfield? Indoor or outdoor?

I'll be out there for business for a bit and need to unwind.

Thanks.

Mr Twisted
05-12-2007, 8:01 PM
5 Dogs just outside Bakersfield Giant outdoor range A lot of 3 gun matches are shot there.

Fjold
05-13-2007, 7:43 AM
Indoors is only 2nd Amendment Sports I think, You'll have to buy a membership and shoot their ammo and they are bottom feeding scum.

Like it was mentioned above 5 Dogs Range is an outdoor range located about 20 miles north of town along Woody-Glenville Highway.
Here's a Map: http://www.5dogsrange.com/map.htm
Here's their website: http://www.5dogsrange.com/

maddog61
05-13-2007, 7:53 AM
Hey Greg,

Like Twisted said, 5Dogs is a probably the best around here. Outdoor only, Plenty of room. Pistol, rifle , shotty, clays, and even a couple of rimfire only ranges. (Pretty fun actually.:) ) It's about 20 min. out of town.
http://www.5dogsrange.com/

Another is second amendment sports.
Indoor only, nice pistol range, rental guns, but you have to shoot lead free.:rolleyes:
Well stocked gun shop too.
http://www.2ndamendmentsports.com/

Enjoy!

Greg-Dawg
05-13-2007, 8:09 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be driving up there for business and will hang around 5/17 to 20. Will you guys be free next weekend to meet up, grab some grub and talk BS?

If you can, I can PM you. Thanks again.

maddog61
05-13-2007, 6:43 PM
Thanks for the invite, but I'll be busy setting up for the wife's baby shower this weekend. My first little bambino is on the way!
Fjold might be right about the "bottom feeding scum" thing though..... I've gotten that feeling there too. Especially when they want your name for every transaction. A gun shop should know better. :rolleyes:

Greg-Dawg
05-13-2007, 7:14 PM
Thanks for the invite, but I'll be busy setting up for the wife's baby shower this weekend. My first little bambino is on the way!

No worries maddog, congrats on being a new daddy!

Fjold
05-13-2007, 7:26 PM

Unfortunately, I have my only grand daughter's 6th birthday party Saturday. Wifezilla apparently doesn't get to spoil her enough the other 364 days of the year.

mastadonn
05-14-2007, 6:30 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be driving up there for business and will hang around 5/17 to 20. Will you guys be free next weekend to meet up, grab some grub and talk BS?

If you can, I can PM you. Thanks again.

Kern Shooting Sports will be holding a 22 steel plate match on Saturday 5/19 at 5 Dogs. Starts about 9 am.

We shoot .22 LR (any sight/any position) at 6 inch steel plates out to 175 yards, or sometimes at reduced targets out to 125 yards. We always have extra rifles if new shooters want to try it.

If you make it out you are more than welcome to shoot with us.

2nd Amendment is also having a big sale on 17-20, but their prices are usually above what you can get at tenpercent or Valley Gun.

If you are interested in shotgun shooting Kern County Gun Club at Lake Buena Vista has trap, skeet and 5 Stand. Plus our are already halfway to Taft for tenpercent firearms.

Whitesmoke
05-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Kern Shooting Sports will be holding a 22 steel plate match on Saturday 5/19 at 5 Dogs. Starts about 9 am.

We shoot .22 LR (any sight/any position) at 6 inch steel plates out to 175 yards, or sometimes at reduced targets out to 125 yards. We always have extra rifles if new shooters want to try it.

If you make it out you are more than welcome to shoot with us.

2nd Amendment is also having a big sale on 17-20, but their prices are usually above what you can get at tenpercent or Valley Gun.

If you are interested in shotgun shooting Kern County Gun Club at Lake Buena Vista has trap, skeet and 5 Stand. Plus our are already halfway to Taft for tenpercent firearms.

Yeah...I hate 2nd amendment sports too. But they are having a big event the 17th-19th and you can shoot on their range for free without being a member.

You woud have to join 5-dogs to shoot there...but it's pretty cheap to join. I love that range....no BS there.