PDA

View Full Version : Is this a FH or a MB?

oneone
05-02-2007, 8:43 PM
Just want to make sure this is NOT a FH. This came with my Stag 2TL.
Good day!

ghost
05-02-2007, 8:46 PM
Just want to make sure this is NOT a FH. This came with my Stag 2TL.
Good day!

its a flash hider.if it was a muzzle brake there would only be a small opening on the end just enough for projectile to exit out.

slick_711
05-02-2007, 8:47 PM
Looks like a standard A2 flashhider.

thedrickel
05-02-2007, 8:51 PM
Looks like a standard A2 flashhider.

Yep, get rid of it, it's evil :eek:

slick_711
05-02-2007, 8:55 PM
I'm particularly fond of the RRA "Tactical Muzzle Brake (http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0001A1&storeid=1&image=brks07.gif&CFID=40836911&CFTOKEN=26189717)" mostly for aesthetic reasons, and it is what I have on my rifle. There are all kinds of muzzle brakes and compensators out there though, you'll find something.

Technical Ted
05-02-2007, 8:57 PM
Didn't do a very good job of suppressing the flash from your camera, but t will do a pretty good job of disbursing the muzzle blast from your barrel and suppressing the flash signature.

oneone
05-02-2007, 9:05 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I bought a Tactical Muzzle Brake already.
Now it's just a matter undoing the FH. It's going to be a b&tch! Maybe I should call in sick tomorrow! LOL

ghost
05-02-2007, 9:16 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I bought a Tactical Muzzle Brake already.
Now it's just a matter undoing the FH. It's going to be a b&tch! Maybe I should call in sick tomorrow! LOL

it`s not as hard as you think it`ll be,took me less than 5 minutes.it depends what method you use.

blacklisted
05-02-2007, 9:22 PM
How do I remove the flash suppressor from my Stag upper? :D :D :D :D

slick_711
05-02-2007, 9:22 PM
Wrap a t-shirt around your barrel, then put the barrel in a vise very tightly; and use a monkey wrench or other adjustable wrench to remove the flashhider. They make special tools you can use to do it, but from my experience the tools tailored to the task are not deep enough to give you good hold and leverage.

*sigh* I'm here telling you guys things you already know in an attempt to further procrastinate with school work. So boring. :(

proraptor
05-02-2007, 9:36 PM
Wrap a t-shirt around your barrel, then put the barrel in a vise very tightly; and use a monkey wrench or other adjustable wrench to remove the flashhider. They make special tools you can use to do it, but from my experience the tools tailored to the task are not deep enough to give you good hold and leverage.

*sigh* I'm here telling you guys things you already know in an attempt to further procrastinate with school work. So boring. :(

that's way too hard and risky...heat up the flashhider with a blow dryer, heat gun, blow torch and then put the receiver between your legs and unscrew the flashhider with an adjustable wrench

ghost
05-02-2007, 9:36 PM
the method i used was as a complete rifle put the buttstock on the floor, straddle the rifle between your legs and with a adjustable wrench take it right off.

oneone
05-02-2007, 9:39 PM
I got it out using a a 19mm open-ended. It was easy enuf. Thanks for the moral support!

slick_711
05-02-2007, 9:45 PM
I guess mine have all just been on there way too tight? I've never been able to get them off by simply straddling the rifle. Furthermore, I don't see how putting the barrel in a vise could be any more risky than torquing on your barrel/reciever connection?

And sorry, I'm a man... but a young, poor, non-mechanic man... so I have neither blow dryer nor a blow torch. :rolleyes: