PDA

View Full Version : moving questions.

chappinpaint
04-20-2012, 1:00 PM
hello i was wondering if someone can answer a bit of questions that i have.

so i lived in california for all my life up untill age 19 then i wanted to try something different so i moved to florida. ive been here for a year now and something has come up in california and now i have to move back. as you guys may or may not know, florida is not as strict as cali so in the time that ive lived her i have aqiured a couple firearms. glock 23, spikes tactical ar 15, beretta 92fs,and a 38. special.

i wanted to know if you guys can answer these questions for me:

1. what is the best way to take my guns with me? should i ship my rifle and take my handguns on the plane or should i just ship them all.

2.if i do ship them how would i go about doing it? do i take them apart? can i ship my 30 round magazines and convert them to ten round magazines in cali if that legal?

3.since im only 20, how would i go about registering my handguns?

Thanx in advance

Todosi
04-20-2012, 1:18 PM
The G23, Beretta, and 38 can be taken in a locked container in your checked baggage. Check the airline's website for specifics. Actually the AR15 could fly as well.

The AR15 is considered an assault weapon in Kalifornia, so you will need to install a bullet button and those 30 rounders should be disassembled into their component parts.

chappinpaint
04-20-2012, 2:51 PM
The G23, Beretta, and 38 can be taken in a locked container in your checked baggage. Check the airline's website for specifics. Actually the AR15 could fly as well.

The AR15 is considered an assault weapon in Kalifornia, so you will need to install a bullet button and those 30 rounders should be disassembled into their component parts.

do you know if i can register my handgun under my name even though im not 21 yet?

chappinpaint
04-21-2012, 8:57 AM
does anyone else know?

alfred1222
04-21-2012, 9:13 AM
do you know if i can register my handgun under my name even though im not 21 yet?

I am moving into California and I own several handguns. What are the new-resident registration requirements?
You are considered to be a personal handgun importer as defined by California law. You may bring all of your otherwise California-legal firearms with you, but you must report all of your handguns to the DOJ within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Handgun Ownership Report, pdf. You are not required to report rifles or shotguns. You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a capacity greater than ten rounds, machineguns, or assault weapons into California.

(PC sections 12001(n), 12072(f)(2))

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#25