PDA

View Full Version : Better fit for POF .308 lower

Intimid8tor
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
A while back I built up a .308 using a POF 308 Lower. It's a beautiful lower and its fun to shoot. I have it mated to a DPMS SASS upper. Anyway, there is a gap at the curve right before the buffer tube. It doesn't impact performance, but I hate seeing it there.

Are there any other uppers that have a better fit to a POF lower other than getting a POF upper?

robert101
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Just the opposite for me. I mated a TM lower to a DPMS upper. Fit is good and no gaps. Might give some thought to changing the lower.

ott1
03-19-2012, 1:05 PM
A while back I built up a .308 using a POF 308 Lower. It's a beautiful lower and its fun to shoot. I have it mated to a DPMS SASS upper. Anyway, there is a gap at the curve right before the buffer tube. It doesn't impact performance, but I hate seeing it there.

Are there any other uppers that have a better fit to a POF lower other than getting a POF upper?

Short answer is no. There's always an GAP-10 upper, but that is one made for GA Precision by POF.

Intimid8tor
03-19-2012, 5:24 PM
Just the opposite for me. I mated a TM lower to a DPMS upper. Fit is good and no gaps. Might give some thought to changing the lower.

I am planning on changing the lower out to a DPMS lower that is out of state since we are moving to Idaho in the next couple weeks. But, this POF lower is really nice and I would like to put it to use. Guess I will need to look for a stripped POF .308 upper for it.