PDA

View Full Version : Saiga CA legal??

Jimmy Deuce
04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Any ine know if the Russian armory Saiga rifles are legal in CA. I thaught they were but just wanted to be sure.

slickjoesd
04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
SEARCH button.

bwiese
04-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Any ine know if the Russian armory Saiga rifles are legal in CA. I thaught they were but just wanted to be sure.

Yes, EAA Saiga and RAAC Saiga *rifles* are not banned in California.

Kalashnikov USA Saigas are banned on the Kasler list.

[The DOJ apparently wanted to ban the EAA Saiga , from internal memoranda, last January when the OLL situation was escalating. Instead, they surrendered the ability to list.]

[Saiga *shotguns* are not legal because a semiauto shotgun with detachable mag is a banned AW configuration. Such a firearm would have to be rendered into fixed-magazine form, or manually-cycled nonsemiauto form before importation into CA. These latter configurations are of less utility than a Remmy 1100 or 870, so you don't see much clamor for these.]

DJDace
04-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm not exactly a long term member or anything, but I am certainly a veteran of message boards and their communities. I swear, the New Post screen should have a HUGE RED Warning Comment that states;

"IF YOU ARE POSTING A QUESTION, HAVE YOU USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION YET TO SEE IF IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED MANY TIMES BEFORE?"

:)

In closing, yes RAA Saiga's are legal.