PDA

View Full Version : HSC requirement

jumbopanda
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I saw this on the DOJ website:

Are there any minimum qualifications/requirements for a person who wants to take the Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) test?

The only requirements are that the Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) applicant must be at least 18 years of age and must present clear evidence of identity and age by presenting a California Driver's License or California Department of Motor Vehicles Identification Card.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you need to be 21 to buy a handgun? Does that only apply to purchase and not possession? How does this work?

blkA4alb
03-26-2007, 10:24 PM
A direct relative (father-son/daughter, grandfather-father, etc.) can give an 18 year old a handgun which would then be registered (along with needing the HSC.) To purchase a handgun you must be 21.

pepsi2451
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Yes a handgun can be transferred between parent and child or grandparent and grandchild without going through a FFL you must send a form to the DOJ. I think you are supposed to have the HSC first, that being said, I never sent a copy of mine when I got my first handgun. The DOJ sent me a paper back saying it was transferred though. It is an extremely easy test if you don't have your HSC go get it.

jumbopanda
03-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Sounds good, I'll go get my HSC as soon as possible. :D

Now I just gotta convince my dad to get an HSC, buy a handgun, and give it to me. :(

Looking that other thread, I might look into building a fixed mag AK pistol...if someone can confirm that it's legal...

Uberdummy
03-27-2007, 7:21 AM
I haven't found anyone who would let me take the test. "If you aren't buying, what's in it for them?" kind of attitude. 2 1/2 months left for me. I can wait.

fairfaxjim
03-27-2007, 7:43 AM
I haven't found anyone who would let me take the test. "If you aren't buying, what's in it for them?" kind of attitude. 2 1/2 months left for me. I can wait.

If you are in the SF Bay Area, I will give you an HSC test if your age and ID are good. I am not a dealer, but I do have a Kali HSC instructer cert. I only charge my cost for the certs, $15.00. I got so PO'd when they changed from the BFSC ("good for life") to the the HSC that I got certified to help my friends and neighbors. Since I don't do it as part of my business, the timing and location would have to be worked out. Anyone interested should PM me.

rkt88edmo
03-27-2007, 8:40 AM
Me too.
(SF downtown weekdays, and Concord evenings and weekends)
I charge $20 though, to "rent space" at the starbucks we meet at :p

If you are in the SF Bay Area, I will give you an HSC test if your age and ID are good. I am not a dealer, but I do have a Kali HSC instructer cert. I only charge my cost for the certs, $15.00. I got so PO'd when they changed from the BFSC ("good for life") to the the HSC that I got certified to help my friends and neighbors. Since I don't do it as part of my business, the timing and location would have to be worked out. Anyone interested should PM me.

fairfaxjim
03-27-2007, 8:53 AM
Me too.

I never said there were any rules against throwing me a latte, sandwich or burrito!

Uberdummy
03-27-2007, 3:04 PM
Down south here. Good ole Mexi- er.. Pomona. Yeah, that's right. Nice to know people out there still care.;)

sn0rky
12-30-2007, 5:08 PM
Me too.

hey im interested,
but how does that work?

rkt88edmo
12-31-2007, 12:24 AM
hey im interested,
but how does that work?

Just send me a PM and see if we can schedule something.