PDA

View Full Version : Any Ruger SR9 Owners out there???

JNunez23
01-16-2012, 4:02 PM
Anyone purchase a full size past 2010? Just looking to find out whether or not the SR9 and SR9C now have the same trigger set up? I am under the impression that the compact has a lighter trigger pull, but that the newer SR9's have it as well?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thx.

Lewis
01-16-2012, 4:30 PM
I have a new model SR9 - just picked up this weekend. During my pre-purchase research I became convinced that Ruger has worked this all out at this point - both pistols are using identical trigger groups.

The trigger on the 2011 models (Serial # beginning with 331-21626 and beyond) carries the improved trigger. I'm not sure when the transition began but understand that 2011 models are a good bet.

It's not to shabby either (at least mine's not)....pretty crisp and no over-travel.

Mossy Man
01-16-2012, 6:32 PM
I went out shopping last month and from the models in stock at Wild Sports, the SR9/SR40 still seemed to have heavier triggers than the SR9C/40C.

I bought the 40C. I kind of regret it and feel I should have just bought the 9C instead.

Cali-Shooter
01-16-2012, 6:37 PM
SR-9c owner here. Snappy little gun, and quite heavy for it's size, but terrific pistol.

Mossy Man
01-16-2012, 6:46 PM
btw TS, your avatar is pretty cool.

JNunez23
01-16-2012, 6:50 PM
Okay, here's my dilemma. I have a buddy who literally just purchased a SR9 and picked it up yesterday, but for some reason he is now wanting my SR9C. I do have a Kahr MK9 Elite, so I technically have 2 compacts and I did kind of like the feel of the full size SR9, and the trigger did feel smoother. Long story short, would you trade for a brand new full size if you already had the Kahr MK9?

BTW... great helpful info Lewis. Thanks. His SR9 is in the 331-7****.

Lewis
01-17-2012, 4:08 AM
I'd say it depends on what purpose the two compacts already serve. Do you carry both regularly? Do you carry at all? If you like shooting the SR9C, you'll likely love the great shooting experience the full size provides.

morfeeis
01-17-2012, 9:56 AM
Another SR9 owner chiming in, I've carried my SR9 over a few weekends in AZ and if that is the route you might be heading just make sure you get the right holster. When i use to use my CheapO brand OWB holster the full size of the SR9 was truly felt, but when i switched over to a Cleveland's Full Ugly Holster, it felt just right on my waist.

Another note about the newer full size SR9's, they have a half moon mag release instead of the the full circle mag release of the older SR9's and thats another way to make sure that SR9 has the upgraded trigger. Also once you remove the magazine disconnect the trigger gets even better.

JNunez23
01-18-2012, 9:27 PM
Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it. Well, I initially liked the feel and size of the compact, but truthfully don't have a specific purpose as I do not carry any of my weapons, simply recreational. With that said, I shot the full size once more last night, and decided to trade him for the compact. I really don't need 2 compacts, especially living in Los Angeles.

Thanks again :thumbsup: