PDA

View Full Version : Detonics Combat Master

K.G.B.
01-15-2012, 11:14 AM
So I have a stainless Detoncs combat master, I've had it for a while but still can't shoot it worth a damn. My hands are way to big for it I guess, because it keeps on slipping out and my buddy who has smaller hands shoots it just fine. Does anyone know of any grip extensions or anything that might help improve my hold on it because this thing is kinda useless to me at this point. Also as a secondary option how much do these sell for usually?

melensdad
01-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Curl your little finger under the baseplate of the magazine.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/guns/2-2.jpg

11C ABN
01-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Mag well extension is possible but your going to have to get it custom made and/or take and existing one and and try to make it work with what you have.

Houge grips may make something to replace the existing wood panel grips that will enlarge the grip stance? Think that's the correct verbiage.

Keep the pistol.

K.G.B.
01-15-2012, 1:47 PM
I tried the pinky thing it still slips out, any idea on what it could sell for in good condition with 3 detonics magazines?

bigcalidave
01-15-2012, 2:50 PM
Your grip should be between your middle finger and the v of your thumb and index finger, the other fingers shouldn't matter. Grip it tighter, and your off hand should be solid in there too. Im big and have big enough hands, I can shoot all my tiny guns fine like that. If you do something funny with your pinky it's gonna be something else to think about.

bigcalidave
01-15-2012, 2:51 PM
Where does it slip out?

K.G.B.
01-15-2012, 2:59 PM
I guess because it has no beavertail my hand pops up and gets caught by the slide going back. I have a Kimber ultra cdp which doesnt have that problem, so I think the lack of beavertail might be it.

mtenenhaus
01-15-2012, 7:34 PM
i bet Bruce Gray could modify that for you. he does gorgeous work, he's very honest and easy to work with.

Latigo
01-16-2012, 1:36 PM
If I remember right, and it doesn't bother you, my Dad's Combat Master took a full length magazine and stayed in place just fine. Gives your pinky sompleace to grip.

melensdad
01-16-2012, 6:50 PM
Have you tried any of the magazines that have the pinky finger extension?

Those are available from www.DetonicsDefense.com

As to the value of your gun, it would vary based on the model (MC, MK V, MK VI, etc), condition, accessories (box, pistol rug, manual, etc).