PDA

View Full Version : lone wolf barrels

Domingo
01-13-2012, 7:44 PM
I'm looking for some accuracy info about lone wolf barrel.(40S&W)
I have one in my glock 22 that way I can shot lead bullets but my accuracy does not seem to be their. Tomorrow Im going to try the Original glock 22 barrel and see if is the barrel or me that I can't shot to save my life. or could be my reloads
165grs plated bullet
5grs of Unique
1.125 COAL
my pattern well their was no pattern everything was all over I hope is not me:o
if anyone wants to share their experince with these barrels let me know, all the reviews that I find are positive
thanks

NewbieDave
01-13-2012, 11:22 PM
My LW barrel always shot good... everything on a 9" plate at 15yds. Are you shooting freehand or off rest. For any accuracy testing... always better from a rest.

Voo
01-13-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm looking for some accuracy info about lone wolf barrel.(40S&W)
I have one in my glock 22 that way I can shot lead bullets but my accuracy does not seem to be their. Tomorrow Im going to try the Original glock 22 barrel and see if is the barrel or me that I can't shot to save my life. or could be my reloads
165grs plated bullet
5grs of Unique
1.125 COAL
my pattern well their was no pattern everything was all over I hope is not me:o
if anyone wants to share their experince with these barrels let me know, all the reviews that I find are positive
thanks

Different barrels will like different loads. Simple as that.

Don't discount the Lone Wolf barrel. It is ridiculously accurate at 100 yard 12 inch plates. You just need to find a load that it will like.

Personally, I hate plated bullets.. I'll shoot lead or copper but I hate the plated stuff.. I've never had a good experience with it.. Years ago it fouled up my revolver.. I tried it again with Berry's thru my G34 and got the same thing.. crap was smeared all through barrel and I was getting tumblers/keyholes at 7 yards... I had to load them to super bunny fart power factor.. after that i switched to Zero's, Montana's and Bear Creek's..