PDA

View Full Version : Bersa Thunder 380 vs CZ 83

aghauler
01-12-2012, 2:09 PM
Been thinking about getting another 380 and was looking at these 2 handguns. The Bersa runs about $100 or so less that the CZ. I have a CZ 82 but don't really care for the recoil of the 9x18 and I also have a Bulgie Mak. My Llama III 380 is much more comfortable to shoot, but not very reliable. So looking for something reliable, comfortable to shoot and not too expensive.
The CZ is just a few onces heavier than the Bersa.
Opinions?

HBfisherman
01-12-2012, 2:17 PM
My cousin swears by his Bersa Thunder 380, its his primary carry!

triplestack3
01-12-2012, 2:18 PM
No experience with the CZ. Bersa Thunder is a nice little pistol, definitely a keeper. Great value for the dollar.

I did a little write up on it:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=516697

RedFord150
01-12-2012, 3:57 PM
I own a Bersa Thunder for a few years and have nothing but good too say. I paid less than $300 and it is fairly accurate, reliable, and fun too shoot. I use it mostly as a travel gun and a small back-up. It will fit the front pocket of my levis. I trust it completely.
I did own a CZ40B in the past and was very happy. They are great guns.

GWbiker
01-12-2012, 6:14 PM
Bulgarian 9x18 Makarov with Pearce rubber grip, should be your most comfortable and accurate shooter.

aghauler
01-12-2012, 7:15 PM
Bulgarian 9x18 Makarov with Pearce rubber grip, should be your most comfortable and accurate shooter.

I tried the Pierce grips ( and a couple of others) on the Mak, everytime I pulled the trigger the magazine blew out the bottom. It looked and felt like the mag catch was engaged. So I gave up on that, not too keen with the butt mount mag release either. Any idea on the reason the mag kept falling out? I'd be willing to give it another go. I've got the loading tool, 4 sets of grips, 5 GI mags and holster, etc, so I'd hate to give up on it if I can get it to work for me.

GWbiker
01-12-2012, 8:44 PM
I tried the Pierce grips ( and a couple of others) on the Mak, everytime I pulled the trigger the magazine blew out the bottom. It looked and felt like the mag catch was engaged. So I gave up on that, not too keen with the butt mount mag release either. Any idea on the reason the mag kept falling out? I'd be willing to give it another go. I've got the loading tool, 4 sets of grips, 5 GI mags and holster, etc, so I'd hate to give up on it if I can get it to work for me.

I have a DDR Makarov and previously owned a Russian IJ70, but never had the issue of magazine falling out upon firing the gun. Do understand the hammer spring is also the magazine catch. There is a Makarov site with a wealth of info - can't enclose the link as I'm on the touch.

Another good choice, in my experience, is the Czech made CZ82 9x18 Makarov. 12+1 is plenty for personal defense.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

0331Marine
01-12-2012, 9:07 PM
I bought one about 4 years ago for my wife when she got her CCW and have never had a problem with it. For the price its hard to beat, its a very accurate pistol. I like it because I can put it in my pocket and you would never know I had it and its great for her purse.

aghauler
01-13-2012, 7:15 PM
10 rd mags in Kommieforinica:)
Maybe I'll try the pierce grip again this time without tightening the screw so much? I can't remember if I already tried that or not. It did improve the feel of the pistol though, I was disappointed and REALLY surprised when the mag blew out the bottom!

I have a DDR Makarov and previously owned a Russian IJ70, but never had the issue of magazine falling out upon firing the gun. Do understand the hammer spring is also the magazine catch. There is a Makarov site with a wealth of info - can't enclose the link as I'm on the touch.

Another good choice, in my experience, is the Czech made CZ82 9x18 Makarov. 12+1 is plenty for personal defense.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

iankorf
01-19-2012, 9:07 AM
You can reshape the magazine retention spring to your liking. Mine was too tight so I loosened it up. After some practice, I prefer the mag release on the bottom. If you're changing magazines with retention, your hand is right there anyway.