PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy ammo cans in Los Angeles?

Brandon04GT
01-11-2012, 3:54 AM
Does anyone know where's the best place to buy 50 cal ammo cans in the Los Angeles area and how much I should they go for? I called up a local spot and they sell 50cal cans for $15 + tax. I was thinking about buying online but the shipping will probably kill it.

Looking for something to store ammo long-term. Also since i'm on the subject, are ammo cans supposed to have a rubber seal on them and is there anything particular I should look out for when checking on the condition of them?

Thanks

ThortheDog
01-11-2012, 4:04 AM
There is/was a forum member who sells them. You might do a search of the Commercial Sales forum and see if he still has them, and if he is close enough to you to make it worthwhile (I think he was in the Orange County area). My recollection is that his prices were way better than gun show prices, and you would be supporting another member.

And yes, the surplus GI cans have a seal. I usually look for cans with the seal intact and that are not badly rusted. Scratches and small dents don't bother me, but YMMV.

VictorFranko
01-11-2012, 4:16 AM
Check with "Got10/22?"
he usually has cans in good shape at a good price.

Kishfisser
01-11-2012, 5:32 AM
The Costa Mesa show is coming up in a few weeks, and there are usually some good prices and decent quality.

A-J
01-11-2012, 7:14 AM
The Army/Navy store on Van Nuys blvd across from the court plaza generally has them. I haven't been in a while though.

bsg
01-11-2012, 8:09 AM
surplus stores have them; prices are reasonably high.

bUm805
01-11-2012, 10:57 PM
There is/was a forum member who sells them. You might do a search of the Commercial Sales forum and see if he still has them, and if he is close enough to you to make it worthwhile (I think he was in the Orange County area). My recollection is that his prices were way better than gun show prices, and you would be supporting another member.

And yes, the surplus GI cans have a seal. I usually look for cans with the seal intact and that are not badly rusted. Scratches and small dents don't bother me, but YMMV.

Yar, this guys cans are great. He'll give you a bulk discount too if you plan on buying lots.

Nicoman
01-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Ammo bros for $100 you get one full of buckshot that's where I get my ammo cans

Jameswma
01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
bought mine from ROTC sniper. he is in torrance area although i remember him saying that he moved. check with him, he had a lot when i was dealing with him.

Brandon04GT
08-12-2012, 2:47 PM
Bump...still looking for some, anyone got any ideas?. Preferably fat 50's but I'm still keeping my eyes open for regular 50 cal cans.

Brandon04GT
08-12-2012, 3:04 PM
Gun show next weekend in OC Brandon. You can usually get 50's for about nine bucks.

The Crossroads one? Is it worth going overall? I went to the Glendale one in March and it was my first gun show experience. As I expected, it was cool but there weren't really any deals on anything and I wasn't too interested in going again.

The Crossroads one I know is more expensive and it'll be a small drive for me. But I guess if I can't find any cans anywhere else then I might just go...

Ro504
08-12-2012, 3:14 PM
Major Surplus in Gardena might be worth a shot. Havent been over there in a while though so im not sure what their prices are like.

Chaos47
08-12-2012, 3:14 PM
If you drive out to the IE this seems to be a good deal
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=603997