PDA

View Full Version : cheapest sr9 in fresno

erichuff7
01-10-2012, 4:14 PM
Does anyone know where the best deal on a ruger sr9 is in or near fresno? How bout a glock 19? About how much should i pay? Thanks in advance

brianm767
01-10-2012, 4:20 PM
I got quotes today on SR40's from We The People in Clovis of $445,

Ryan is a great guy to deal with also, highly recomend

erichuff7
01-10-2012, 4:23 PM
Sweet, is that the place on clovis ave south of ashlan?

keenkeen
01-10-2012, 4:25 PM

Nope. On Pollasky.

brianm767
01-10-2012, 4:50 PM
Nope. On Pollasky.

Behind the Firestone tire store that is on Clovis ave.
Tell Ryan that Brian, the guy who bought the 19 stun guns sent you.

erichuff7
01-10-2012, 5:04 PM
Thanks Brian, i appreciate it

hershey44
01-11-2012, 1:12 PM
Glock 19 $499 at PRK.

brianm767
01-11-2012, 1:40 PM
Glock 19 $499 at PRK.

looking for a SR9, not Glock. any ideal if PRK has them and what price?

erichuff7
01-11-2012, 6:17 PM
I'm torn between the glock and the ruger, they're both so awesome. I was at herb bauer looking at em and i gotta say herb's trying to break it off in me! $649 for a glock! Might as well bend me over then take my right arm and first born!

erichuff7
01-11-2012, 6:20 PM
I dunno what they want for the ruger at prk. They're closed till Monday, but from what I've seen they're very reasonably priced and nice guys working there

Iright
01-11-2012, 7:24 PM
Try Rob at Breco on Tollhouse Rd in Clovis. Usually has good prices.

icenix
01-11-2012, 8:45 PM
I'm torn between the glock and the ruger, they're both so awesome. I was at herb bauer looking at em and i gotta say herb's trying to break it off in me! $649 for a glock! Might as well bend me over then take my right arm and first born!

Try Rob at Breco on Tollhouse Rd in Clovis. Usually has good prices.

Yeah, Herb Bauer is way over priced on everything I have ever seen there, plus they are super rude. I bought my XD9 at The Range and it was $100 cheaper than Herb Bauer, and even less than Breco. However, Breco is pretty good and they seem like great guys.

icenix
01-11-2012, 8:46 PM

I had no idea this place even existed. When did they open? Anyone been in there? If so, how are prices, attitudes?

FresnoCNC
01-11-2012, 8:50 PM
I had no idea this place even existed. When did they open? Anyone been in there? If so, how are prices, attitudes?

Ryan the owner is awesome. Can answer any question you have and has a great attitude. He's helped me a lot with buying my first gun online. He's super friendly compared to most local shops. A+ shop in my opinion

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

G60
01-11-2012, 9:12 PM
Fresno Firearms had an SR (not sure if it was 9 or 40) last time i went. Might be worth it to give them a call, they're prices are usually somewhat competitive. keep odd hours though.

icenix
01-11-2012, 9:18 PM
Ryan the owner is awesome. Can answer any question you have and has a great attitude. He's helped me a lot with buying my first gun online. He's super friendly compared to most local shops. A+ shop in my opinion

Man, I have purchased 2 guns in the past two months and now I wish I had known about this place. I have never heard about them until tonight. They need to do some advertising or something, because I never would have found them without running into this thread. I will check them out soon for future business.

brianm767
01-11-2012, 9:31 PM

Ryan used to work at Breco until he sarted his own shop, he is Ex Freno Sherrof Deputuy, Breco has been great for many people, and I don't want to say it's a bad shop, if you like it, great, However I will never do business there again due to how unprofessional and rude my father and I were treated while doing a PPT there.

PRK is probably the cheapest store in town, I buy my off roster stuff there, great guys, I normally deal with Fritz or Jeff no 2, great guys, great prices for Fresno. Problem is that they are so busy, it's hard to get through there, I went thet three times to pick up my LCP after my ten day wait and waited and waited for my turn at the counter , I gave up and left after waiting close to an hour each time, may have been 40 minutes, finally got it on my fourth visit.

We the People is my favorite store, not a large selection, Ryan builds AR's, AK's , does not do single shot, charges only $65 for dealer transfers and no tax as of the last time I asked. I think he may be $30 or so more on Glocks than PRK, but man I'd pay the difference because I know I'll be able to pick it up on my first attempt.

I will support both stores, PRK for off roster stuff, and most likely WTP for ever thing else.

PRK will take half down, start DROS and you have to pay off and pick up withan 30 days.

Not sure if it is set policy, but today I asked WTP and was told ( not by Ryan )I could put half down and they could probably hold it a month or maybe two till pick up, might want to verify with shop.

A&A Fire Arms, Shaw and Maroa, if still there, haven't been there in months, Julian is also another good guy, swears he'll beet any ones prices in town. I hope he's still in business?

icenix
01-11-2012, 9:53 PM
Ryan used to work at Breco until he sarted his own shop, he is Ex Freno Sherrof Deputuy, Breco has been great for many people, and I don't want to say it's a bad shop, if you like it, great, However I will never do business there again due to how unprofessional and rude my father and I were treated while doing a PPT there.

Yeah, I bought my AR lower at Breco. I wish their shop was just bigger so it didn't feel so tight in there when they have other customers. They were helpful/friendly enough I suppose.

I bought my XD9 at The Range and they were great, but I have heard the opposite opinion about them as well. Although, I guess one of the guys there was kinda weird/not friendly. Their price on the XD I bought was cheap compared to some of the other places I went.

I just want a shop where I can ask a dumb question and not looked at like an idiot for asking it, ya know? And I don't feel like that exists around here, lol.

brianm767
01-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I bought my AR lower at Breco. I wish their shop was just bigger so it didn't feel so tight in there when they have other customers. They were helpful/friendly enough I suppose. I just want a shop where I can ask a dumb question and not looked at like an idiot for asking it, ya know?

I bought my XD9 at The Range and they were great, but I have heard the opposite opinion about them as well. Although, I guess one of the guys there was kinda weird/not friendly. Their price on the XD I bought was cheap compared to some of the other places I went.
The Range has some good guys in there, but they are almost expensive as Herb Bauers, I hope you did get a decent price on you XD, I've never seen even a remotely decent price in ther on a firearm. I've been in there watching folks who don't know better buying guns for literally hundreds of dollars more than they can get it for at PRK or WTP, I just bit my tongue and felt sorry for them. They have also insisted that If I was to ever get pulled over with my SSE purchased LCP I could be arrested.

G60
01-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd never buy a gun new from
The Range. Hell, iirc they were trying to sell stripped m&p15 lowers for over $200 the last time I was there.

Stay far, far away.

Blackhawk556
01-11-2012, 11:22 PM
The range and herb bear are Both a joke. The range wants $1345 for a Springfield Emp but I can get it for $1150 at Prk. Both of them want over $600 for glocks but Prk and we the people want $499-535. I highly recommend we the people but I wish they sold single shot stuff. If they did, I would skip Prk and buy from them instead.

I wish someone here would have a serious chat with Ryan and convince him single shot handguns are legit. He told me the reason why he doesn't do it is because his agent (doj/ATF) not sure which one, told him that they are trying to shut down Prk for selling single shot off roster handguns. He said that if they are trying to shut them down for this, he rather not deal with it and skip on doing single shots.

Jeff, the owner of Prk, is a jerk and doesn't know about customer service. The younger Jeff is cool and awesome to deal with.

Spencer's firearms is another shop doing single shot pistols but they charge $100 extra just for the service. Last time I was there they had ok prices on glocks. They are located just north of ave 12 along highway 41

sk8804
01-11-2012, 11:33 PM
fresno firearms ltd's gun geenie link says she can get sr9s for $418.90. So far that shop is the cheapest I have seen in fresno. I have bought all my guns through em and have saved $100 or more on each gun over every shop i price checked. Oh and it says a G 19 will run ya $519.20. Good luck with our purchase.

sk8804
01-11-2012, 11:40 PM

oh and since i have the links open fresno firearms gun geenie account says they can get an sr .40 for $419.

FRIZZLEFRY
01-12-2012, 4:23 AM

Thats American Firearms.I dont go anywhere else. They beat everyones prices and have started doing single shot :thumbsup:

Tino kicks a** :)

someR1
01-12-2012, 7:28 AM
Rob at Brecco is a great guy. I have done business over there plenty of times.

PRK is also a great shop. They can order basically any gun you want. They even do single shot conversions for off-roster hand guns.

morfeeis
01-12-2012, 7:29 AM
I wont say i hope that guys shop closes but when it does i'll understand why.

someR1
01-12-2012, 7:31 AM
Herb Bauer is for the no0bies in Fresno that don't understand the prices of weapons. Hell, even the ammo is overpriced !

rudigan
01-12-2012, 7:38 AM
It's not just guns/ammo overpriced at HB, it's almost everything there, a couple of people there are OK, but yes, most are arrogant jerks. Their best/decent to deal with staff members seem to be in the rental shop.

someR1
01-12-2012, 7:44 AM
It's not just guns/ammo overpriced at HB, it's almost everything there, a couple of people there are OK, but yes, most are arrogant jerks. Their best/decent to deal with staff members seem to be in the rental shop.

agreed.

G60
01-12-2012, 8:41 AM
I wont say i hope that guys shop closes but when it does i'll understand why.

Herb Bauer will (probably) never close.

brianm767
01-12-2012, 8:55 AM
oh and since i have the links open fresno firearms gun geenie account says they can get an sr .40 for $419.

Thats good to know. nice price.

Blackhawk556
01-12-2012, 10:04 AM

why do you say that? do they hold the magic formula?

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

someR1
01-12-2012, 10:35 AM

probably true, as long as the retards keep buying guns from them :facepalm:

brianm767
01-12-2012, 1:26 PM
probably true, as long as the retards keep buying guns from them :facepalm:

Yes, like the guy who was buying a plain Jane two tone Kahr pm9 in there for almost $1000 in front of me, I bit my toungue.

After he bought it, I told him you'll love that gun, I love mine, we talked about teh gun for a few minutes then we were walking out, then he asked where'd I buy mine? I replied I got it used and it was Black with night sites, he asked how much you have to give for it, so I told him I paid $650 for it, he said man thats half price, I said not really, a standard PM9 (like he just bought) is only about $650 at Alquist Arms in Turlock. and about $675-$700 at most gun stores in our area. and if you go black it's another $50 bucks or so and night sites add about $70.

People just dont shop around, I will buy from stores who may not be the absoulut cheapest in town, but I like them and I want to support them, and they are normaly very close. but some stores are hundreds of dollars more on a $500 dollar gun, thats nuts.

icenix
01-12-2012, 7:00 PM
The Range has some good guys in there, but they are almost expensive as Herb Bauers, I hope you did get a decent price on you XD, I've never seen even a remotely decent price in ther on a firearm. I've been in there watching folks who don't know better buying guns for literally hundreds of dollars more than they can get it for at PRK or WTP, I just bit my tongue and felt sorry for them. They have also insisted that If I was to ever get pulled over with my SSE purchased LCP I could be arrested.

I'd never buy a gun new from
The Range. Hell, iirc they were trying to sell stripped m&p15 lowers for over $200 the last time I was there.

Stay far, far away.

Don't get me wrong, The Range isn't cheap on many guns.

But on that day I did get a great deal. I actually only went in there to rent and shoot a couple of different guns with my wife. After shooting I mentioned that I found the one that I liked the best and just for conversation sake asked him what they charged, and to me surprise it was like $100 less than what I had seen at a few other stores in town, and it was a new gun. Plus they didn't charge me for the $70 we spent in range, rental, and ammo fees I used that day (given all they really gave away was the ammo). So, if I had left and bought somewhere else for $100 more, it would have been like $170 more since I would have had to pay that $70. So that was a nice added bonus.

I say we bombard Turners with e-mails to bring a store to Fresno or Clovis, lol.

someR1
01-13-2012, 9:23 AM
Yes, like the guy who was buying a plain Jane two tone Kahr pm9 in there for almost $1000 in front of me, I bit my toungue.

After he bought it, I told him you'll love that gun, I love mine, we talked about teh gun for a few minutes then we were walking out, then he asked where'd I buy mine? I replied I got it used and it was Black with night sites, he asked how much you have to give for it, so I told him I paid $650 for it, he said man thats half price, I said not really, a standard PM9 (like he just bought) is only about $650 at Alquist Arms in Turlock. and about $675-$700 at most gun stores in our area. and if you go black it's another $50 bucks or so and night sites add about $70.

People just dont shop around, I will buy from stores who may not be the absoulut cheapest in town, but I like them and I want to support them, and they are normaly very close. but some stores are hundreds of dollars more on a $500 dollar gun, thats nuts.

yep, that's just business. If you don't shop around, you get boned.