PDA

View Full Version : Utah cc permit poll

smittty
01-09-2012, 5:32 PM
I'm curious how many of you have the Utah cc permit and how many have used it, outside of california of course!

SIGman Freud
01-09-2012, 5:35 PM
Don't know, but a couple of buddies are applying.

Also curious what others have to say about the UTAH ccw permit that is respected and recognized in other states.

Big Jake
01-09-2012, 5:38 PM
I have it and I have used it numerous times (Including while in Utah!) when I am traveling. I have never had a problem carrying with it. I highly recommend getting it.

glockman19
01-09-2012, 5:57 PM
I have it and I have used it numerous times (Including while in Utah!) when I am traveling. I have never had a problem carrying with it. I highly reccomend getting it.

+1...Exactly what he said...

Just renewing both my UT & FL for the first time. Have used both for travel in UT, FL, AZ, NV(when I could), CO, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, WY, WA.

SDM44
01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I have it. Never used it, except for when applying for my AZ permit (which they accepted the UT permit for the training requirement). Otherwise it just sits in my safe until I'm ready to travel to another state.

I've used my AZ permit quite a few times already in NV since I go to Vegas often.

Oceanbob
01-10-2012, 6:24 AM
I have my Arizona permit and have carried in Nevada and Arizona. Good in 33 States:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

I may get a Florida, Utah and Oregon someday.

CpuFixrMan
01-10-2012, 6:33 AM
I started with my Oregon CHL, then got Utah and recently finished off with Arizona. I have carried in Oregon, and plan to in Nevada this year. I don't have plans to travel to Utah, but that could change, but if I do it will be handy to have.

Cnynrat
01-10-2012, 6:35 AM
I have both UT and FL LTC's, but have not yet had occasion to use them.

Dark Sky Solutions
01-10-2012, 6:38 AM
I have it. Never used it, except for when applying for my AZ permit (which they accepted the UT permit for the training requirement). Otherwise it just sits in my safe until I'm ready to travel to another state.

I've used my AZ permit quite a few times already in NV since I go to Vegas often.

I am pretty much the same way. I have had a UT and FL for the last 5 years but after realizing both permits where no longer good in NV I decided to get my AZ. Now I am not renewing the UT or FL cause the AZ gives me everything i need,

Quiet
01-10-2012, 6:50 AM
Only reason I have a UT permit was because of the brief time that NV honored it.
Getting it was less expensive than renewing my NV permit. So, I went and got the UT permit. A few months later, NV dropped UT.
Ended up renewing my NV permit and just wasted money getting the UT permit.
I will not be renewing my UT permit when it expires.

Quiet
01-10-2012, 6:54 AM
+1...Exactly what he said...

Just renewing both my UT & FL for the first time. Have used both for travel in UT, FL, AZ, NV(when I could), CO, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, WY, WA.

FYI.
CO does not honor the non-resident FL and the non-resident UT permits.

CO, MI, ME, NH, SC & FL requires permit holders to either be residents of the state that they honor or have a non-resident permit issued by them.

dls
01-10-2012, 7:07 AM
With AZ being so easy, there's no need.

FailedAngrMgmt
01-10-2012, 8:05 AM
UT, FL, and AZ here, used it when I drove across the country, the only state on my trip I could not CCW in was SC...didn't stop there anyways. It was great.

Bert Gamble
01-10-2012, 8:10 AM
Mine is in process.

SDM44
01-10-2012, 9:03 AM
Actually I take it back..... I did consider carrying in NC when I went there for work a few months ago. However, I didn't bother taking my gun with me since it would've been more of a hassle than a perk.

Plus, I realized once I got there, most of the buildings and businesses have clearly posted signs out front that say no weapons allowed. This included my hotel, the BofA tower I was working in, TWC arena, Bobcat stadium, and pretty much any food place or small store I went into around downtown Charlotte.

I was told later by some NC residents that most businesses are like that in the state, except for a select few places like Walmart and some other mom & pop places.

smittty
01-10-2012, 9:39 AM
With AZ being so easy, there's no need.

Does AZ issue to non residents?

dls
01-10-2012, 9:50 AM
Does AZ issue to non residents?

Yep, I got mine about 6 weeks after I emailed them a request to send me the application packet.

Gryff
01-10-2012, 9:57 AM
Poll fail. I don't have a Utah permit, but I do have Florida's. Utah gives you Washington but not Florida. Florida's gives you Florida but not Washington. Since I have family in FL, that one made more sense.

I've carried continuously when traveling in Florida, Texas and Arizona.

The other benefit of Florida's is that it doesn't require you to have taken a special LTC class. Any military, law enforcement, or formal competition experience is all you need, as well as having taken ANY NRA shooting class (including hunter's safety). I used my IDPA participation and it was accepted without question.

deadhawg
01-10-2012, 2:47 PM
My wife and I got Utah and FL permits prior to doing a cross-country motorcycle trip last summer, and carried in every state we went through that honored those permits.

We intentionally avoided a few states such as IL, but really had no reason to go through them anyway. We disarmed when we had to go through a few states where our permits were not honored.

It was really not an issue anyway, as concealed meant concealed, and nobody ever knew we carried, except a few friends who already knew, and some family members who we went shooting with.

We never had any official contact with LEO's, so that issue never came up.

We traveled through 25 states, from CA to South Carolina, to New Hampshire and Oregon. Never had any reason to even come close to needing our weapons, but we also avoided the kind of places where it was more likely we would. Still glad we had them, and wouldn't do it differently next time

chuckdc
01-11-2012, 6:09 AM
Carried under my UT permit here in TX until I got my TX CHL.

vandal
01-11-2012, 8:12 AM
Yes but I also have FL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speeedracerr
01-11-2012, 8:28 AM
UT, NV, OR and AZ here... Nice to know that one is covered for the majority of the states! Used my UT permit in AZ before the constitutional carry bill took effect. Can't wait to add CA to my list :D

fairfaxjim
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
UT, OR, & AZ permits here. When NV stopped recognizing UT, I used that to satisfy the AZ requirements, so now can carry in NV.

Let's see, can't carry in NV with UT, but can get AZ using UT and then can carry in NV using AZ. It doesn't have to make sense to work.

dfletcher
01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I got it a couple of years back and have used it on cross country drives a few times. For the small amount it costs and how easily gotten I think it's worth it. What I don't know is that under the "national reciprocity" Sterns bill whether having the Utah non-res permit will allow me to carry in all other states, not just the ones currently recognized. I should think that might have an effect on its usefulness.

huck
01-11-2012, 4:43 PM
I've had mine for about a month now. I still don't know why I got it.

winnre
01-11-2012, 4:45 PM
CA, FL, NV, and UT here. I go to Florida and Nevada regularly. Nice to know I can drive and not have to zig zag the country.

puropuro
01-11-2012, 8:25 PM
For my haunts, CA and AZ took care of it.
UT seemed more trouble than AZ......AZ was awesome and easy.

Schrodinger's Cat
01-11-2012, 8:32 PM
I don't have any LTC but I see a lot of people relying on reciprocity to use a permit from one state in some other state, neither being California. Is the GFSZ simply openly not enforced in most states?

monk
01-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Only other states I've traveled to is AZ, where AFAIK I don't need an LTC unless I'm carrying in an area that serves alcohol.