PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Word on Brian Enos

grant22
12-02-2011, 9:59 AM
As some of you are aware, I had a little kaboom incident a month ago ( http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=495909 ). After all was said and done, I asked Dillon very politely to sell me an RF100 at their cost in order to get me reloading again. It was something to at least make me feel safer, therefore allowig me to reload again. Unfortunately, Dillon didn't wish to do this.

As a second and final resort, I asked Brian Enos whom I have bought all my Dillon stuff from, if he wouldn't mind doing this. I simply explained to him what happened and referenced the original thread.

I heard back from him very quickly, and he had the 'can do' attitude. I couldn't believe how quickly he was willing to take care of me on this.

When searching where to buy my Dillon stuff from, Brian Enos' name came up repeatedly. I was happy to go with him then, especially for his good advice, but am very happy that I went with him now, since his customer service is very clearly second to none (including Dillon).

Thanks Brian, you have a customer for life!

rmblaster
12-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes he is a good guy buy from him also

Endofcomment
12-02-2011, 10:15 AM
I just made my first purchase from him a couple weeks ago, bought his precision digital scale and some other stuff. I was surprised at how fast I received the order and the detail he goes into to make sure the customer is pleased, he puts a note in the scale with some quick tips and how to calibrate it so you don't really have to read the whole manual.

He's a great guy in my book.

Bill Steele
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I placed an order with Brian a few days ago on a bunch of bits that are a gift for a friend for Christmas. I got a personal email (not one of those automated jobs) from Brian, confirming the order and telling me they would go right out.

The boxes arrived yesterday.

The guy is the best in the industry.

hayaku
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
+1000 on Brian. He is one righteous dude

ironhiide
12-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Does he have a website or do you have to purchase over the phone?

hayaku
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
www.brianenos.com

You can always talk to him to confirm exactly what it is you want to order. Great guy to talk to.

NoJoke
12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
He needs to branch into the red territory too! :rolleyes::D

problemchild
12-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Must be a judgement call from the specific person you talked to. Dillon has always came through for me and I give them a 5 of 5 stars.

I had a kaboom which was my fault and they did honor my request to go from a 550 with no powder check to a 650 with a powder check. Not only did they do the exchange I only had to pay the difference in price which was a great deal.

My kaboom (no injuries sustained except my pride)
http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/RENO%20SHOOT/gunpics/GI4G9631.jpg

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/RENO%20SHOOT/gunpics/GI4G9640.jpg

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/RENO%20SHOOT/gunpics/GI4G9639.jpg

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/RENO%20SHOOT/gunpics/GI4G9638.jpg

A little 100mph tape and she's good as new. :)
Actually HK took care of me as well. They fixed the gun for $125 up and back.
http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/RENO%20SHOOT/gunpics/usptape.jpg

As some of you are aware, I had a little kaboom incident a month ago ( http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=495909 ). After all was said and done, I asked Dillon very politely to sell me an RF100 at their cost in order to get me reloading again. It was something to at least make me feel safer, therefore allowig me to reload again. Unfortunately, Dillon didn't wish to do this.

As a second and final resort, I asked Brian Enos whom I have bought all my Dillon stuff from, if he wouldn't mind doing this. I simply explained to him what happened and referenced the original thread.

I heard back from him very quickly, and he had the 'can do' attitude. I couldn't believe how quickly he was willing to take care of me on this.

When searching where to buy my Dillon stuff from, Brian Enos' name came up repeatedly. I was happy to go with him then, especially for his good advice, but am very happy that I went with him now, since his customer service is very clearly second to none (including Dillon).

Thanks Brian, you have a customer for life!

grant22
12-02-2011, 11:35 AM
PC, I wish I could say I had the same experience. I talked to 2 different guys, each started off great, and then petered out into the 'sorry dude, yer on yer own' attitude.

I'm convinced they consulted with someone who guided them out of fear of litigation.

No love lost, it's just not how I would have handled it. Brian on the other hand................

That HK looks really nice by the way!

problemchild
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I bet you are correct. I would have offered to sign a no blame letter as well just so they know you are not considering them at blame. I remember telling them I was not hurt. Maybe thats the difference and with today's multi-million dollar lawsuits you cant blame them.

PC, I wish I could say I had the same experience. I talked to 2 different guys, each started off great, and then petered out into the 'sorry dude, yer on yer own' attitude.

I'm convinced they consulted with someone who guided them out of fear of litigation.

No love lost, it's just not how I would have handled it. Brian on the other hand................

That HK looks really nice by the way!

bruceflinch
12-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I had a kaboom which was my fault and they did honor my request to go from a 550 with no powder check to a 650 with a powder check. Not only did they do the exchange I only had to pay the difference in price which was a great deal.

My kaboom (no injuries sustained except my pride)
http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/RENO%20SHOOT/gunpics/GI4G9631.jpg

[/IMG]

But but but..That's not a Glock! :eek:

:hide: :D

grant22
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey PC,

Was that a double charge? Also, was that a pants changin' moment?

Bro KV
12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Talked to Brian Enos on the phone. Very helpful and great all around to deal with.

Eljay
12-02-2011, 1:10 PM
Brian's a great guy - always very helpful to people and willing to share his thoughts.

xbimmers
12-02-2011, 1:32 PM
I bought my Dillon from Brian and I did my order on the telephone directly with him. He also helped me out a couple of times with additional orders and provides prompt e-mail responses to some of my questions.

I may and should get a powder checker for my 550. (if they sell one)

problemchild
12-02-2011, 1:40 PM
Hey PC,

Was that a double charge? Also, was that a pants changin' moment?

It was a double and thankfully it was a tiny double. If it had been a +p double I would be missing fingers and hands. As it was it felt like a grenade going off in my hand. If flippin hurt bad. I saw a huge black ball of smoke 2 feet in front of me and then my hands went left and right without my permission. All the pieces of the gun just fell to the ground in a pile.

I changed a few of my loading protocols kinda like what you are doing. How is the primer tube thing going?

John Browning
12-02-2011, 1:44 PM
That sucks that Dillon wouldn't take care of you. I'd look into buying something from Enos that wasn't a Dillon next time.

eloywar
12-02-2011, 2:55 PM
Brand new to reloading. Was given Brian's website from a freind and not only was my XL650 and accessories a bit cheaper, Brian gave some good advice via his blog. Ill buy all my Dillon stuff from him. Thanks Brian.

Lead Waster
12-02-2011, 2:59 PM
Yeah, plus one to Brian! This reminds me I need to buy a powder-through die, I'll let karma direct me back to Brian's site!

bluenoise
12-02-2011, 3:55 PM
When I was researching getting a 550 vs. a 650, I called Brian to get some specific questions answered. His outgoing message said he was going to be out of the office for some time due to vacation. No problem, so I left a voicemail for when he got back. He called me back about 10 minutes later because he had checked his messages. A half-hour chat later, I ordered the 650 from him. :thumbsup:

bzzz
12-02-2011, 9:13 PM
Hey:
sorry to hear about your experience w/Dillon. I'll definitely order a Dillon through Brian once I save enough money for one.

reading stuff on cal guns really makes me think of switching over to an all spam/ramen diet so i can afford the good stuff.

fullspeed1
12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
All the blue hardware in my garage is from Brian. I have always had top notch service from him.

himurax13
12-05-2011, 3:14 PM
But but but..That's not a Glock! :eek:

:hide: :D

There are more HK Kabooms than people talk about. They claim that alot of it is due to the shoddy quality control from ammunition manufacturers during the ammo scare of the last 2 years. I videotaped one myself. That was much worse but the same thing appears to have happened.

Lead Waster
12-06-2011, 1:21 PM
He needs to branch into the red territory too! :rolleyes::D

I believe Brian Enos and Dillon have a long history together. I think Dillon sponsored Enos when Enos was a pro shooter or something.

Enter_the_Dragon
12-06-2011, 2:39 PM
I believe Brian Enos and Dillon have a long history together. I think Dillon sponsored Enos when Enos was a pro shooter or something.

When I bought my Dillon from Brian I also inquired about his relationship with the Dillon family. He is close friends with the Dillon family, after all they did sponsor him when he was shooting competitively.

Brian Enos is a stand up guy. I would buy through him again if I had too.

grant22
12-06-2011, 3:22 PM
Brian sent my RF100, got it today, and it is nice. I'm still notgonnabust out rounds immediately, got a few other ducks I want in a row, but bottom line is, Brian really came through on something he didn't have to.

Thanks Brian!