PDA

View Full Version : 2 shotguns, which would you choose

BCool
11-20-2011, 8:01 PM
And how much are they worth in your opinion?

My father is selling a couple of guns and I am trying to decide between the two:
1. Weatherby Orion 2 12 guage sporting clays, o/u

2. Browning citori lightning 12 guage o/u

Both are in about the same condition, weatherby might be a little nicer.

bucktooth7
11-20-2011, 8:10 PM
Wow that is a hard question. I shoot clays so the Weatherby is appealing, but Browning Lightning holds value. If you are busting clay, I'd say Weatherby. If hunting then clearly Browning.

Khanan
11-20-2011, 8:16 PM
The one that fits you better.

hcbr
11-20-2011, 8:18 PM
ditto on what Khanan says, but if it was for me, i'd say the Browning.

Thefeeder
11-20-2011, 8:34 PM

^^^^^^^
This

You have have an opportunity to shoot them both side by side............... then simply choose the one that feels and fits better.

BCool
11-20-2011, 9:00 PM
I will take them out shooting before I make my final decision. Any idea what the market value is? I need a basis to start some negotiations with him:cool: or a recommended gun blue book? If there is one.

sargenv
11-20-2011, 9:12 PM
One thing to think about, the Browning action depends on the recoil to set the second shot, the Weatherby is a mechanical action that will go off regardless of recoil action.. at least, that's how it was when I was shooting an o/u.. I had access to both.. if the Browning didn't have enough recoil, the only way to reset it was to break the action, reload, and try again.. The weatherby could go click, bang! if necc..

robcoe
11-20-2011, 9:27 PM
And how much are they worth in your opinion?

My father is selling a couple of guns and I am trying to decide between the two:
1. Weatherby Orion 2 12 guage sporting clays, o/u

2. Browning citori lightning 12 guage o/u

Both are in about the same condition, weatherby might be a little nicer.

Tough call, I would say try them out and see which one you like. Me, I would take the Weatherby just because I have always been happy with their guns when I have used them.

JagerDog
11-20-2011, 10:26 PM
One thing to think about, the Browning action depends on the recoil to set the second shot, the Weatherby is a mechanical action that will go off regardless of recoil action.. at least, that's how it was when I was shooting an o/u.. I had access to both.. if the Browning didn't have enough recoil, the only way to reset it was to break the action, reload, and try again.. The weatherby could go click, bang! if necc..

Inertia triggers are very reliable. About the only issue on the Brownings is when folks put .410 tubes in them. An interesting feature on Citoris is if the inertia trigger does fail, you can "force" the 2nd barrel by moving to safe, select the 2nd barrel, then return to fire.

BigDogatPlay
11-21-2011, 8:17 AM

^^^ This ^^^ absolutely, positively and without question.

REPR
11-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Let us know which one you pick. Not much of a shotty man. But if they both have a similar fit I would go with the Browning.

sargenv
11-21-2011, 7:11 PM
f the inertia trigger does fail, you can "force" the 2nd barrel by moving to safe, select the 2nd barrel, then return to fire.

Hence my love of the weatherby... if one goes "click" or "poof" if you have a bad reload, the second round will absolutely go "bang" without having to force anything.. you just pull the trigger again..

bucktooth7
11-21-2011, 8:29 PM
Quit being a tight hass and buy them both!

mjsweims
11-21-2011, 8:35 PM
Take the Weatherby. He can sell the Browning to me.

baptizer71
11-21-2011, 8:37 PM
For me, I'll choose the Browning..

RayPDA
11-21-2011, 9:30 PM
On the Weatherby, is it SKB or Fausti manufactured?

toby
11-22-2011, 5:13 PM
I personally would pay a premium for a Weatherby over the Browning tho I like them both, there are way more Brownings than there are Weatherby's...........(added) some insight for the OP and others, Weatherby is no longer selling/importing high end over and under's,side by sides...they will only carry the low end pumps and autos....this may or may not have an effect on the value of weatherby shotguns. Something to ponder?