PDA

View Full Version : JP Enterprises spring kit for AR's

timmyb21
10-11-2011, 3:21 PM
Just installed one of these on my go-to carbeen...wonderful. I polished the sear and engagement area, applied a little moly grease, replaced the springs, and voila! Trigger pull is no longer gritty, weight is reduced (don't know exactly how much, I don't own a gauge.) It is a night and day difference, it's like a different rifle. They warn about light strikes with foreign (cheap) ammo but I'll let you know if I have any problems. For $20 total cost, it's well worth it, so far. If anyone is on the fence about it, go for it. It's cheap and easy to switch back if you're unhappy with it.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/timb117/IMG-20111003-000381.jpg

Here's a pic just for some visual stimulation added to the thread. :D

FastFinger
10-11-2011, 3:29 PM
The springs really make the rifle look a lot cleaner and tactical! Nice photo.

What are the steps to polishing the sear?

timmyb21
10-11-2011, 6:15 PM
The springs really make the rifle look a lot cleaner and tactical! Nice photo.

What are the steps to polishing the sear?Hells yeah!! The yellow springs are so racey, they automatically take 2 seconds off my course time, or would if I competed... :D

Polishing the sear was done with a rubbing compound and a dremel (I know, AAAAHHHH!!) you take a soft wheel, put some compound on it, and polish the front and top of the trigger sear bar point thing, where the hammer and trigger meet. you can also use a fine, fine stone and rub the friction points until they're shiny. Just make it smooth, don't take material off. The hammer sear point is harder to get at, so I just took a q tip and dipped it in rubbing compound and buffed away. Just get it pretty looking. Don't take any metal off, don't change any geometry, just make it smooth. Finally, I put a small amount of moly anti seize grease on the friction points. Just a tiny bit, not enough to goop it up, just get it slick. working the fire control will spread it around to the points it needs to be, and all the grittiness will be gone. Good luck, and don't blame me if you screw up! :punk:

FastFinger
10-11-2011, 6:28 PM
Good luck, and don't blame me if you screw up! :punk:

Wouldn't think of it!

On the other hand my lawyer...

jetspeedz
10-12-2011, 10:15 AM
JP makes good products no question about it

rareair
10-12-2011, 2:53 PM
I've got those $10 JP springs in 3 of my AR builds. Don't notice a single performance difference compared to regular springs equipped in LPKs. But no big deal, they were only $10.
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/medium/436/436860.jpg

Quinc
10-12-2011, 2:56 PM
I put the 4lbers in my M&P15T. Trigger is much lighter now, and only cost 8$. And haven't had any problems with steel cased ammo, or 5.56 primers.

timmyb21
10-12-2011, 5:01 PM
The ones I got were the JPS 3.5 pound kit. Yellow springs, supposed to give 4.5 to 5 lb. pull. I don't doubt it.

motorwerks
10-12-2011, 9:27 PM
I have 2 of my triggers done like this and I love them.

G38xOC
10-12-2011, 10:31 PM
for 20 bucks , think imana try these out too

timmyb21
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
I completely agree. The spring kit is a great cheap mod. I had a friend try out my trigger at the range the other day and he couldn't believe it was only a spring kit. Than I told him how cheap they were. He had the try out the trigger again just to feel how light it was.

The spring kit will drop the pull weight to about 4.5-5.0 lbs with a mil spec trigger group. Here's a video I did just the other day about the spring kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUzMno6heS0
Thank you sir, you are the reason I even did the swap! I was looking for vids on trigger jobs and saw yours. I went down to the local gun shop to drool, and saw that they had those spring kits in stock, so I bought one. I went home and pulled my lower apart, cleaned everything up, and put her together. It's AWESOME!!!!

Droppin Deuces
10-13-2011, 10:47 AM
I've got those $10 JP springs in 3 of my AR builds. Don't notice a single performance difference compared to regular springs equipped in LPKs. But no big deal, they were only $10.
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/medium/436/436860.jpg

But do you notice a difference in feel? I sure as heck can.