PDA

View Full Version : need scope rail machined for PSL and scope mount rails installed on AK

juha_teuvonnen
09-17-2011, 8:30 PM
I need a competent gunsmith, ideally in Northern California who can do the FLW:

1. Machine the scope rail for PSL. I have built a PSL (with mag lock kit, adjustable US made FCG and etc.) only to discover that the rail on the receiver is oversized. I think that's how they all come from the factory. I seem to remember that they machine the rails to size once the rifle is built, to make sure that they align properly with the barrel. I need a gunsmith who can do this, ideally a local because I don't like shipping guns.

2. I have 2 AKs built in California-compliant configuration, both on armory usa receivers. I have 2 scope rails (side mount) that need to be installed. I need the gunsmith to drill the receivers and rivet on the scope rails. The Armory USA receivers are thicker than garden variety AK receiver, I think they are 1 mm vs 0.7mm or something like that. If memory serves they are the same thickness as RPK and PSL receivers, so we may need to use different rivets.

Mr. Casull
11-01-2011, 8:03 AM
I recently purchased a PSL and installed a kalinkaoptics.com scope mount on it. I had to file down the understand of the mount about 1/16 of an inch so it wouldn't touch the dust cover. Other than that it works great. Doesn't move when shooting and is easy to take off and put on.