PDA

View Full Version : New Eotech EXPS2-0 Brightness Buttons

Yerman
09-06-2011, 2:15 PM
Hey guys,

Just got my new Eotech from Primary Arms a couple minutes ago. I have a question about the brightness buttons on the side.

My buttons are off center and angled up....this is actually making it a little difficult to push the left button. Anybody else have this problem? Should I send it back?

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/bwurfel/photo.jpg

Droppin Deuces
09-06-2011, 8:41 PM
The buttons on the one I have aren't crooked, but they are both a little high. No problems manipulating them.

hollowpoint
09-07-2011, 8:46 PM
On my EXP2-0 the buttons are not flush but not as extreme as yours. If its not working for you send that photo to primary arms and see what they say.

marsh1
09-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I just checked and all are like that to some degree. I even pulled my EXPS out of the safe that was from the very first shipment and it is the same as yours. Never noticed it before. The buttons are inset so you don't decadently push them so it does take a deliberate motion to activate them. I will check with our EOTech to see if they can adjust the position but like I said I never even noticed on the one I personally use. I will post what EOTech says.

Marshall

marsh1
09-08-2011, 3:26 PM
I just checked and all are like that to some degree. I even pulled my EXPS out of the safe that was from the very first shipment and it is the same as yours. Never noticed it before. The buttons are inset so you don't decadently push them so it does take a deliberate motion to activate them. I will check with our EOTech to see if they can adjust the position but like I said I never even noticed on the one I personally use. I will post what EOTech says.

Marshall

Scott in our shop saw the post and already email Mike at EOTech, Here is the reply. Good to know.

"Hello Scott
Yes, it is normal for the buttons not to be centered. The sight is focused by aiming the laser which the buttons are part of. Once focused they could appear anywhere in the cut outs for the buttons on the hood. "

Best regards,
Mike Kroll
Customer Service Manager
L-3 EOTech.

hollowpoint
09-08-2011, 8:41 PM
Wow Marshall, pretty much customer service at its finest.

Yerman
09-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the quick reply and email to Eotech for me. They were my next email...

I guess I just expected the fit and finish to be a little better for a unit I paid so much for...

If I change my mind and decided to go for an Aimpoint (or something similar), I assume you wouldn't mind taking it back? I haven't mounted it on anything yet because my Stag is still in the mail...Not sure why but it is an issue for me. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the grainy sight. I know it's because of the laser but I'm not sure I can get used to it.

marsh1
09-09-2011, 1:23 PM
Thank you for the quick reply and email to Eotech for me. They were my next email...

I guess I just expected the fit and finish to be a little better for a unit I paid so much for...

If I change my mind and decided to go for an Aimpoint (or something similar), I assume you wouldn't mind taking it back? I haven't mounted it on anything yet because my Stag is still in the mail...Not sure why but it is an issue for me. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the grainy sight. I know it's because of the laser but I'm not sure I can get used to it.

An exchange or refund on a unmounted optic is no problem at all.

Marshall