PDA

View Full Version : noob AR builder here: do that make lower arts kits that include a BB?

ham
08-24-2011, 9:17 PM
took the dive into building my first AR, I know theres a lot of great information on how to build them but I haven't seen any kits online that come with a bullet button are there any or is my google-fu weak? :(

idbstyler
08-24-2011, 9:23 PM
I have yet to see a LPK for sale that includes a BB.

idolized
08-24-2011, 9:25 PM
Nearly all kits I've seen when I shopped around did not include bullet buttons, simply because we're the only ones who really uses them here in California. Anyways you can always just buy a bullet button separate from your LPKs, its probably the only way to go about doing it. What LPKs do you have in mind right now? Good luck with the build too! ;)

ham
08-24-2011, 9:38 PM
Nearly all kits I've seen when I shopped around did not include bullet buttons, simply because we're the only ones who really uses them here in California. Anyways you can always just buy a bullet button separate from your LPKs, its probably the only way to go about doing it. What LPKs do you have in mind right now? Good luck with the build too! ;)

Thanks! the LPK kit I'm going for is the Stag 2H Rifle stripped lower combo kit. but planning to change out:
- the stock for a A2 Fixed stock
- Egro rubber rear grip

Iv'e seen some of the BBs say that they are not approved from the CA DOJ, what constutes a CA-legal BB?

popeye4
08-25-2011, 8:18 AM
Thanks! the LPK kit I'm going for is the Stag 2H Rifle stripped lower combo kit. but planning to change out:
- the stock for a A2 Fixed stock
- Egro rubber rear grip

Iv'e seen some of the BBs say that they are not approved from the CA DOJ, what constutes a CA-legal BB?

I don't believe CA DoJ approves or disapproves of any bullet button.

john.t.singh
08-25-2011, 8:26 AM
just go with one of the two more popular bb - radlock or prince and you will be fine. Buy a stripped lower and install it yourself, it will only take you max five minutes.

IPSICK
08-25-2011, 8:33 AM
I don't believe CA DoJ approves or disapproves of any bullet button.

Still no official CA DoJ approval. Probably never will be any. However, there is now case law. Look up Haynie vs. Pleasanton.

TruEdge
08-25-2011, 8:35 AM
Buy a raddlock it's extremly easy to install and functions very well. Whatever you
Do don't buy a convertible bullet button. I hate those. Good luck on yOur build!

d4v0s
08-25-2011, 8:35 AM
Some people believe that devices like the convertible buttons are not DOJ compliant. Because you can turn a screw and make them back into a regular button..

My advice is to watch your screws and make sure they dont back out, I saw a guy using his BB and the whole thing was moving because the set screw backed out. (thus making it a AW)

Another thing to watch for is when assembling your LPK verify, check again and triple check that you install the springs correctly. the disconnector spring is tapered, the fat end goes towards the trigger; and if you install it upside down you can get into some trouble when the gun does a full mag dump after the first trigger pull. (full auto, sometimes only 2-3 shot burst, It will only stop if you pull the trigger again catching the bolt, which is the last thing people think to do) Oh yeah and the police wont give 2 craps that you made a mistake.. your busted and again manufacturing a AW..

darkest2000
08-25-2011, 4:19 PM
if they did offer AR kits with bullet button, I wonder if that might cause some vendors into forcing CA buyers to purchase a kit equipped with such. That would not be ideal.

I think I'd rather just buy a regular set up and get the BB separately. It's always a good idea to have the correct parts on hand when it comes to a time where you can ditch the BB.

huntercf
08-25-2011, 5:54 PM
I picked up a Stag LPK and a raddlock, none of the kits at the shop had BB's in them they had them separate. No big deal, any gun shop in CA that sells LPK's should also carry BB's.

MrPlink
08-25-2011, 5:54 PM
Still no official CA DoJ approval. Probably never will be any. However, there is now case law. Look up Haynie vs. Pleasanton.

yep, the statute itself and the DOJ wont give you a thumbs up on anything.

Case law is as close as you will get