PDA

View Full Version : SLiP2000 EWG Extreme Weapons GREASE

RRichie09
08-17-2011, 3:11 PM
So why isn't EWG as popular as EWL. You go over to the centerfire rifle section and everyone swears by EWL but I don't see a lot of people talking about EWG here in the pistol section. I can't even find very much using the search. All I find are recommendations of Slide Glide and TW25.

Anyone have any experience with EWG?

NorCalDustin
08-17-2011, 4:40 PM
EWL also helps when cleaning the gun... Its good, it works well, but its expensive IMHO.. Your talking ~$40 + shipping for 16oz..

EWG doesn't really help you "clean" the gun... Again, it works well, but it is expensive... Its like $55 + shipping for 16oz.

It's honestly a personal preference thing...

I will say however that you'd be surprised at how few of people actually use grease, and those that do tend to buy High Temp wheel bearing grease which costs ~$1.50-$2.50 per 16oz/1lb. IMHO, there is little to no difference than EWG when compared to a decent wheel bearing grease from your local auto parts store. I'll say this though... My guns feel like they're sliding on a surface thats smooth as glass when running grease, it doesn't cook off, it stays where you put it, it wipes off fairly clean which helps me clean my guns faster, etc... It works for me.

My suggestion would be to buy some EWL, some EWG, and some high temp wheel bearing grease from your local auto parts store... And try them all out... See which you like best and if you can tell the difference between the greases. Ultimately, which ever one you like best... Use that.