PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area - Any shops in the South Bay or East Bay sell .308 match?

hella agg
07-26-2011, 4:04 PM
Just got my rig together and I don't have time to order online and wait for ground shipping (leaving for a week long trip on Saturday). Was wondering if any of you guys can suggest places in the South Bay or East Bay that sells .308 match grade ammunition, something like Federal GMM.

Thanks all.

ghostrider
07-27-2011, 6:33 AM
Try Mel Cottons on W. San Carlos or Kerley's on Stevens Creek

hella agg
07-27-2011, 1:55 PM
I had a suggestion for Kerley's as well. I'll check them out first. Thanks.

Whiterabbit
07-27-2011, 4:09 PM
I don't understand all the questions for ammo in the bay area. we don't have THAT many shops around. Kerleys and Reeds would be my first choice also.

There's also:

Bay area gun vault
Costellos
San Jose Gun Exchange
Sportsman's Supply

Targetmasters
Maybe metaldog? do they sell ammo?
Maybe the milpitas guys? (sjgunguy) Do they sell ammo?

That's it for the southbay, really. Outside that you are getting into either Big5/Walmart or Kitchen Table shops/Custom stuff.

Start going up the eastbay, you have one or two more options, yes?

That's basically it! 15 minutes on the phone and you are good to go. My technique is not to ask prices, just availability. I always get better service, prompter answers, and more respect.

hella agg
07-27-2011, 7:05 PM
I've been to most of the shops and haven't really noticed match grade ammo, more or less FMJ plinking stuff.

And you're right, I probably could have just called, doh.

serper3
07-27-2011, 11:46 PM
i get my match ammo from sportsman supply. they are cheaper than other stores in the area. usually 36 bucks or so a box. i usually buy other things so dont remember exactly.. its expensive obviously but depending on what other ammo u are shooting it can make a pretty good difference obviously. some different types of 20ish bucks a box hunting ammo has been pretty darn as well..