PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory XD-45

Rugerman
01-07-2007, 6:45 PM
ok, i have a couple of questions since i'm probably gonna buy one.

1. does the XD still come with the XD Gear System still?
2. does SA give Gear Systems with 10rnd mags to california dealers?
3. will the ported version make that much of a difference?
4. is it ammo picky?

thanks for answering all my other threads lol

tundraman
01-07-2007, 7:07 PM
I have a XD 45 ACP Tactical and can tell you it has been an awesome gun for me. I have over 650 rounds through mine without one single issue. All of the new XD guns come with the XD package. In California you can only have up to a 10 round magazine so the answer is yes. As for ported, you will need to decide on this. If the gun is strictly for competitive use go for it. If the gun will be used for defensive reasons you will be advised not to get ported. The flash will cause issues if the time comes you need to use the gun in a dark or low light situation. I hope this helps. I am sure other members will chime and and provide more details. IMO you will not regret going the SA XD 45.;)

Cpl_Peters
01-07-2007, 7:11 PM

4. is it ammo picky?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No

Rugerman
01-07-2007, 7:19 PM
thanks Cpl Peters and TundramAn. TUNDRAMAN will not hesitate to believe you since you have that thread you have going up about that night when you had the XD

Prc329
01-07-2007, 7:20 PM

4. is it ammo picky?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Don't know
4. Mine doesn't like American Eagle and cci. Everything else works great.

f4tweet
01-07-2007, 7:51 PM
Try this out, you're gonn like it. I love my XD-45 Tactical. www.xdtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

OldWestGambler
01-07-2007, 8:58 PM
Get the XD 45ACP TACTICAL, it's the Porsche of tactical handguns. That's why it's on so many covers of gun magazines. That's also why they're hard to find. Great gun and impressive as hell.;)

bu-bye
01-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm not a fan of porting. After you fire the 45 round enough it feels like a kitty cat. No porting is needed.

slick_711
01-08-2007, 12:51 PM
XD-45: yes. It was handgun of the year for a reason.

Ported version: No. Definite no. You do not need the compensation for recoil, and the slide is much weaker. (Not to mention I have yet to see one, you'd have to special order it somewhere unless you got real lucky?) I've sent one customer's ported XD-9 back to SA three times, the third time they opted to just replace it with an XD-45 5" at his request. All three times the slide had cracked between the two port slots. There's just not enough metal in that area to be reliable when you cut holes in it.

But to the standard XD-45... yes.