PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 96 worth?

DRM6000
01-06-2007, 9:34 PM
I'm considering a used Beretta 96 on consignment and was wondering what is it worth or what is a fair price for it. I know there are many variables that determine a gun's value. It's listed as a 96fs and blued. I don't know much else about it.

If you knowlegable ones could clue me in to what to look for and what is good value range I'd appreciate it.

veeklog
01-06-2007, 9:52 PM
I don't know much about the value of the gun, but I do how much I despised that particular weapon. My old agency used to issue the Beretta 96 Brigader, and in four year, I replaced four guns. My first issued duty weapon had THIRTY-SIX (36) misfires; I became very good at tap, rack, and bang. Every year I had the firearm replace because something always broke on it. My last Beretta was the best one because it was a 95 production gun, which was the best year produced. After 95, the quality control went down hill quick. I stopped having problems with the weapon when I started carrying a personally owned Si P229, and then I really stopped having problems when I left the agency for another one and was issued a Glock.

Buyer beware!!

Matt C
01-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I have had 2 92fs (issued) and own a 96f and I have never had a problem in about 8000 combined rounds. Never. Just my 2 cents.

It's worth about $400.

KIDRR
01-07-2007, 12:41 AM
I use to have a 96 and also hated it. I ended up selling it for $400 and using that money toward a Sig 226 in .40 and never looked back.