PDA

View Full Version : Baretta 92FS vs 92F

b0lingball
01-06-2007, 1:35 PM
Can somebody tell me the difference between the Baretta 92FS vs 92F? Thanks....

slickjoesd
01-06-2007, 1:40 PM
heres some stuff when i googled it

The difference...
92F slides had a reputation to crack and fly off. An investigation identified the lot that had been made with metallurgically inferior French steel, and used with US manufactured 9 mm Luger +P+ ammunition. The solution was the addition of a slide retention device in form of an enlarged hammer axis pin, the result was the Beretta 92FS. Beretta also eventually designed a new slide, one that contained more steel in the area prone to breakage, later this slide became known as the Brigadier type slide. The locking block also required a design change to increase its service life.

Another weakness that was corrected was the trigger spring. The springs leg would snap leaving a shooter with a half functioning pistol. To remedy the situation, Beretta since then uses a bit different spring where each leg is similar and, thus, allows to invert the spring until is can be replaced. It is still a good idea to regularly change the springs in your gun, before they fail!

The 92F is the earlier version of the two. The Government said they wanted a firing pin block added to their contract guns, hence the 92FS. You can visit http://www.berettaforum.net/ for more information.

saki302
01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
FYI- Wolff has a trigger spring replacement unit which uses a captured coil spring. I think the NS or some other agency had them design it to eliminate the trigger spring problem.

-Dave

modenar1
01-10-2007, 10:28 AM
if you plan on shooting alot, and high pressure rounds, i would go with the FS, if not F will do u just fine.