PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92/96 (vertec owners)

vinny_land
07-11-2011, 8:36 PM
Looking to expand my handgun collection and just shooting the idea of a Beretta. Love the system, started with a SigSauer so the only difference is the safety mounted on the slide. But the standard size Beretta 92/96 FS/M9 models doesnt fit my hand properly. I've tried one out before and although I am able to reach the trigger and such, the grip is just way too big. Did some reading on the Vertec models and it looks definately smaller and slimmer too (along the lines of a Browning HP).

So what do you Vertec owners have to say about this pistol? How is the aftermarket with this pistols? Magazines, holsters, sights, and internal parts interchangeable with standard 92FS models?

Thanks in advance!
-Vincent

Munk
07-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Almost all parts and accessories are interchangable except grips. I'm not a vertec owner, but i've done my research, mostly because i wanted to avoid the vertec (regular grip fits me wonderfully). A vast majority of holsters (in fact, all that i'm aware of) will have no issues with a vertec VS a regular beretta.

MKE
07-12-2011, 12:37 AM
I have a Vertec Inox though I don't shoot it much. I also have a standard 92FS and Brigadier Inox. I do like the 1911 style narrow profile grip. Other than the grips, all other parts are interchangeable with the standard 92FS/M9 models, including the magazines and barrels; you can even swap out slides with the standard 92FS or M9 models.

Here's a picture of my Vertec Inox with an Elite hammer installed. You may have to look a bit to find a Vertec at a good price since Beretta USA has discontinued these models.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/cyclone98/Armory/2011-04-15_12-14-21_734-2.jpg

vinny_land
07-12-2011, 5:11 AM
I have a Vertec Inox though I don't shoot it much. I also have a standard 92FS and Brigadier Inox. I do like the 1911 style narrow profile grip. Other than the grips, all other parts are interchangeable with the standard 92FS/M9 models, including the magazines and barrels; you can even swap out slides with the standard 92FS or M9 models.

Here's a picture of my Vertec Inox with an Elite hammer installed. You may have to look a bit to find a Vertec at a good price since Beretta USA has discontinued these models.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/cyclone98/Armory/2011-04-15_12-14-21_734-2.jpg

Oh that sucks. Low sales?

TANK
07-12-2011, 5:17 AM
do it, get one and never look back. excellent pistol.

dvsdev
07-12-2011, 8:39 AM
I own a Beretta 92F and a Beretta 92FS Vertec Inox. The Beretta 92F is my least favorite in my collection because of the large grip frame. The Vertec is one of my favorites because of the slim grip frame. The Vertec saved me from wasting all of my 15 rounders.

Don't know if this last bit helps, but I usually fit a Men's Small glove size.

Picasso2
07-12-2011, 9:55 AM
I have a 92 FS in regular and vertec, a 96 in vertec.

I have no problem with the regular grip, I tend to think of the vertec as my "compact" model.

I like the smaller grip when I carry (but still has full capacity in 9mm), the rail for my light/laser combo, and the beefier slide will let you upgrade both sights, front as well as rear.

Because of the rail and or light you run, some holsters will not work.

I'm always looking for a nice vertec...I think a G would be nice.

Picasso

Mr.1904
07-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Hey you've got my same pistol. Great gun, i love mine.

MKE
07-12-2011, 2:19 PM
Hey you've got my same pistol. Great gun, i love mine.
Does yours also say, "You know you want this." on the left side? :D j/k Post a pic of yours so we can rub it in to the ones who want one.

Yeah..the grip is really an improvement for me. I was going to sell mine a couple of months ago but had no takers at my original asking price ($700). Mine has the d-spring, installed Elite hammer and a stainless steel guide rod...glad it didn't get sold since these are hard to find. I'll pass this one down to one of my kids.

The Vertec never really caught on due to the narrower 1911-style grip. I guess most gun owners have large hands. lol