PDA

View Full Version : Reloading setup almost done!

semperfidelis354
06-28-2011, 7:05 PM
My reloading setup is nearing it's completion!!! I finally got my tumbler and will be picking up the media for it tomorrow! Yay!!! Now I need a new bench to hold everything lol.

Has n e one ever bought the harbor freight tumbler? They were on sale then he guy at the counter took another 20% off. So I got a good deal

XDRoX
06-28-2011, 7:17 PM
I use a HF tumbler. Works great. What kind of press do you have?
Congrats on joining the nut house:D

Les K
06-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Are we really ever done with the reloading stuff? :)

There's always something new or improved to buy......

Fishslayer
06-29-2011, 1:31 AM
My reloading setup is nearing it's completion!!! I finally got my tumbler and will be picking up the media for it tomorrow! Yay!!! Now I need a new bench to hold everything lol.

Has n e one ever bought the harbor freight tumbler? They were on sale then he guy at the counter took another 20% off. So I got a good deal

If I was just getting set up I would check the thrift stores for a nice heavy desk.

Remember. You will save no money. You'll just shoot a heck of a lot more. :D

semperfidelis354
06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Yes so far I have saved nothing lol. But it's um and challenging to start.

I have my press on a small Hutch so I definitely need a heavy desk hough I think that's next on the list but this works for now.

I have a lee 4 hole turret press and am already loading 9mm and .38 super, next will be .308 and I'll probably get a set of dies to redo the 7.62x54r I have to make them all the same powder charge, bullet weight etc.

Whiterabbit
07-01-2011, 8:34 AM
Yes so far I have saved nothing lol.

But I'll tell you what, loading a couple hundred rounds for FREE because you've got all the stuff laying around, then coming home and reloading that same brass all over again for FREE and repeating two or three times is really, really nice. Even if you still will have saved nothing (yet) after all that.

I also have the HF tumbler. Lots of internet complaints about it breaking down etc. My motor has not overheated yet, I've run it for 24 hours straight twice, usually 3-5 hours is more typical. Just a handful of times, maybe 10-15. No problems yet. Either they are good to go or knock on wood for me.

semperfidelis354
07-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Either they are good to go or knock on wood for me.

consider it knocked for both of us, I ran it once for 2 1/2 hours and it seemed to be fine.

on another note I got home from bass pro with little things you dont think about til later (for me at least)

a funnel (bought the mtm kit and it works great with my press)
new kinetic puller (broke the first...)
storage box for some of my new rounds... for these I realized bass pro over charges.

it was funny cause when I was talking to one of the guys at bass pro he told me ammo bros actually beats their prices on their components and I imagine other things as well. good to know some workers aren't there just to make a sale but get customers the best deal they can!

Jimmy310
07-06-2011, 12:43 AM
I will be using a small workbench just like this. I will probobly put 2 planks of 1/2" pine under and on top of where i mount my press (prob right side, lee zip trim will go on left).

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_1262.jpg