PDA

View Full Version : RifleGear and complete AR lowers

626Tony
05-15-2011, 4:05 PM
Hi All I am thinking of getting 3 complete lowers from RG I have never been there before. Who is the go to guy ? how is their customer service and do they give discounts for US coast Guard or ex military? thanks

Nerfherder
05-15-2011, 4:10 PM
Not sure if there is a "go to" guy there, but all of my dealings with them have been very pleasant. They're all very professional and polite. I would buy from them anytime.

A+++ for customer service.

CK_32
05-15-2011, 4:10 PM
Any guys are the go to guys. I prefer the asain guys tho they don't like to swap stories just get the paper work done and get on.

But all of their guys are cool and have great customer service. You'll feel right at home the second u step in. Idk about ex mili but I think active gets discounts not sure on what parts but usually all shops have gun discounts for active

Norsemen308
05-15-2011, 4:11 PM
they all are relatively knowledgable, there is no one guy who can help you more then the other... their prices are fair. they have a extensive amount of stuff on hand tho! i would definitely buy again from them!!

Kingpin.SC
05-15-2011, 4:18 PM
Awesome place.. picked up my Spike's stripped lower there, and everything went very smoothly. Spoke with a different person both times, and both were really helpful and knowledgeable.

As far as the discount goes, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask! haha

Bigbird19
05-15-2011, 4:19 PM
They are. All awesome you will be ok regardless of who you get

626Tony
05-15-2011, 4:22 PM
thanks guys sounds like worth the drive from pasadena

MUKAK
05-15-2011, 4:32 PM
Awesome place.. picked up my Spike's stripped lower there, and everything went very smoothly. Spoke with a different person both times, and both were really helpful and knowledgeable.

As far as the discount goes, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask! haha

agreed

i also just bought a Spikes stripped lower from them and the guy behind the counter was a nice guy

1Fastrider
05-15-2011, 4:53 PM
Helpful people every time I've gone there or called. Stock a good amount of stuff and have had good service when I went there for ppt or little parts.

762.DEFENSE
05-15-2011, 6:47 PM
Riflegear is good to go.

Steve1968LS2
05-15-2011, 7:08 PM
I always get great CS for each one of them.. friendly and knowledgeble shop.

8200rpm
05-15-2011, 7:16 PM
I prefer the asain guys tho they don't like to swap stories just get the paper work done and get on.

The "asain guys" are also good at math, but they do talk rearry roud at the ribrary.

http://disgrasian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/alg_ucla_asian_rant1.jpg

Nerfherder
05-15-2011, 7:22 PM

If it helps to make the drive worth it, there's a Fry's Electronics next door in case you need more reasons to part with some of your cash. :)

mlevans66
05-15-2011, 7:27 PM
If it helps to make the drive worth it, there's a Fry's Electronics next door in case you need more reasons to part with some of your cash. :)

That Frys sir, is booty! The riflegear on the hand is pretty good. I went there last Friday and they has some good customer service. One guy was helping a fella out buy showing him all kinds of there ARs and what not. At least two guys offered to help us also. Good place I'd go again and I'm an hour away. Also O.C. Armory is about a 20min drive south on the 5. They got some cool stuff also.

Nerfherder
05-15-2011, 7:59 PM
There's also a Walmart about 10 minutes down the road on Talbert in case you want to stock up on ammo as well.

Rebellious
05-15-2011, 8:29 PM
Can't go wrong at RifleGear. Great people over there and great customer service. They have always been very helpful and polite. You have already made the right decision by going there for your build.

jdouglas
05-15-2011, 9:04 PM
+1 with RifleGear. I've been in there several times (both buying stuff as well as to just look around) and ALL of the guys there are great and super friendly. Also, I did not notice any of the Asian guys there speaking anything but perfect English. (AFAIK they are all 2nd+ generation.)

Bottom line, YES it would be worth the drive. :D

bUm805
05-15-2011, 9:06 PM
Riflegear is pretty good for a small place. The asian guys there have helped me heaps and even gave me cuts due to buying bulk items.

+1 so far..

dspracing
05-15-2011, 9:12 PM

I make the drive down there from pasadena as well. I don't know the name of the (asian) guy who helped me last time, but he was awesome. He took at least 15-20 trips to the back to get parts I needed. I felt like an *** for being so picky but he was more than happy to run back and fourth grabbing parts as I decided what parts I wanted to build my ideal gun. If they were a full blown gun shop, it would be the only place I ever made any firearm/accessory/ammo purchase.

BigfootHunter
05-16-2011, 12:17 AM
+1 on Riflegear, but I'm pretty sure they don't do discounts for LEO/MIL (buddy of mine is CHP and they told him no discounts).

Also, "prefer the asian(s)"?!? Really - sounds like a personal issue to me :rolleyes:.

Everyone there is GTG regardless of their background. Never had anyone try to "swap stories" with me they're usually too busy in there for that anyway.

Wicked K5
05-16-2011, 9:27 AM
Wife and I stopped by a couple weeks ago on our annual Disneyland trip. It was on a Wednesday morning, so it wasn't very busy. Got great service by a dude (didn't get his name but he mentioned he was from Iowa). He answered all my questions and let me fondle a bunch of rifles- Larue OBR, Noveske .308, ACR, REPR, and a couple other LWRCs. I wish they would clone the staff & shop and open a Bay Area Riflegear.

glock_this
05-16-2011, 9:30 AM
"by a white dude"

are you black, hispanic, asian or something other than "white" as that line struck me as odd and not sure how it matters or plays into the story? Or does everyone that works there, but this 1 guy, happen to not be "white"? it is just an odd addition to say the dude was "white".

slam128
05-16-2011, 9:50 AM
Just went there last friday to purchase a spike's tactical stripped lower. It was my first time there and Sunny was the guy that helped me out. He's very knowledgeable and patient. Was able to get a lot of information outta him.

626Tony
05-16-2011, 9:53 AM
thanks guys for the input MODS PLZ CLOSE THREAD

Legasat
05-16-2011, 9:56 AM
Since Chris left, I don't have a go to guy. But, all of the people in there I have dealt with were knowledgeable, patient, and professional.

SIGSHOOTR
05-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi All I am thinking of getting 3 complete lowers from RG I have never been there before. Who is the go to guy ? how is their customer service and do they give discounts for US coast Guard or ex military? thanks

All of them are go to guys-- purchased my M4 there and their service was always excellent and friendly. They do get swamped during the weekends so either go early when they open or go during the week when they are "less" busy.

Wicked K5
05-16-2011, 2:10 PM
"by a white dude"

are you black, hispanic, asian or something other than "white" as that line struck me as odd and not sure how it matters or plays into the story? Or does everyone that works there, but this 1 guy, happen to not be "white"? it is just an odd addition to say the dude was "white".

Fixed it for ya. I guess I could've described him as "one of the non-Asian dudes". Sorry if anyone got offended by that and FWIW, I am of Filipino descent

glock_this
05-16-2011, 2:12 PM
Fixed it for ya. I guess I could've described him as "one of the non-Asian dudes". Sorry if anyone got offended by that and FWIW, I am of Filipino descent

I didn't particularly care, I just found it an interesting comment. I have bought from them but never been there so never knew make the make or model of humans working there.