PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Ranch

NotEnufGarage
03-24-2011, 3:59 PM
Does anyone have connections with Doug Ose? He's taking over the management of Gibson Ranch in the north of Sacramento County and there are plans to add to the attractions there. I think a shooting range in that part of the county is sorely needed, preferably a combination indoor/outdoor range. With the number of CCW permits in Sac skyrocketing, there's going to be a lot of demand for range time.

Anybody got any clout?

stacyfriedrichs
06-06-2011, 4:59 PM
I think it is a wonderful idea! if i need to practice i have to drive all the way to woodland or rancho!

medicdude
06-06-2011, 7:05 PM
thats a great idea! keep us updated!

Cummins_Powered
06-09-2011, 2:22 AM
I actually know the family quite well, Ill see if i can talk to him about it...

joeyriv
06-09-2011, 9:12 AM
That would be awexome. I always hear people shooting on their property from Gibson Ranch... then again it comes from the direction of Dyer Lane so it could just be the ghosts. Back on topic, there are alot of shooters in the local area who I'm sure would support it.

negolien
06-14-2011, 1:09 AM
+ one for that. I live in N. Highlands so much close than sac valley. Chances of these commy politicans granting a permit for a public park are probably nill though. Isn't that a federal park ?

jb7706
06-14-2011, 7:23 AM
The odds of a new outdoor facility that close to houses are slim to none, people will be up in arms about the noise long before the permit is ever issued. The cost of noise baffles alone could easily run into the millions. Sac Valley is 4+ miles from Murietta and we still hear complaints from residents there.

rsrocket1
06-14-2011, 7:36 AM
The odds of a new outdoor facility that close to houses are slim to none, people will be up in arms about the noise long before the permit is ever issued. The cost of noise baffles alone could easily run into the millions. Sac Valley is 4+ miles from Murietta and we still hear complaints from residents there.

This from an area where big 4 engine jets and full afterburner fighters took off right over head for decades. :cool:

Of course, its like those who move next to airports and race tracks complaining "well I knew what I was getting into, but I never expected them to expand or change their schedule."

They probably wamper over Civil War Days out there too.

jb7706
06-14-2011, 8:23 PM
This from an area where big 4 engine jets and full afterburner fighters took off right over head for decades. :cool:

Of course, its like those who move next to airports and race tracks complaining "well I knew what I was getting into, but I never expected them to expand or change their schedule."

They probably wamper over Civil War Days out there too.

I never said it made any sense or had any logic to it.