PDA

View Full Version : quick, live chat with a brady buncher...

ldivinag
03-16-2011, 9:32 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-03-14/live-chat-colin-goddard-andrew-romano-on-gun-legislation-living-for-32-documentary/#

or at least vote on the poll...

G60
03-16-2011, 9:47 AM
damn, it's over.

I wish someone would have asked, "if the Brady campaign is for reasonable restrictions on guns, what do they consider an unreasonable restriction?"

isnt' that the question that leaves them with their mouths open?

Bhobbs
03-16-2011, 9:53 AM
They didn't post half my questions.

Must have made them nervous.

G60
03-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Yeah, i doubt they would. They moderated the questions to publish only ones that could be answered by Brady talking points.

ldivinag
03-16-2011, 10:02 AM
lame one sided "chat"...

funnyh though is the voting. i started when the numbers were like 80-20. when i twas over it was lose to 60-40... lol...

Barkoff
03-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I would have asked them if they were for curtailing driving rights for everyone to combat drunk driving? Say a driving curfew for all after 2:00AM?

Wherryj
03-16-2011, 12:07 PM
They didn't post half my questions.

Must have made them nervous.

From what I can see they were extremely careful about only allowing questions that fit their agenda. There is almost nothing from anyone who seemed interested in anything other than banning guns.

I liked this quote:
Colin Goddard:
Kurt, I agree. It is interesting to note that the NRA continues to weaken penalties to the point where you don't even need a permit or license to carry a concealed gun in public. Arizona recently enacted this type of law. "

"NRA continues to weaken penalties" What do "penalties" have to do with our government "allowing" concealed carry??? If the government allows an activity, then it is legal, is it not? Why would there be a penalty involved?

Weakening penalties would mean that the NRA was lobbying to allow people a specified number of murders with a firearm before any charges were allowed, etc. I don't think that I've ever seen the NRA advocate that, but perhaps I missed a newsletter?

Bhobbs
03-16-2011, 12:23 PM
I asked why the Brady Campaign is against guns on campus when most school shootings occur on campuses with gun restrictions. Do they wish to save lives or make the shooters job easier and they let that one through. The guy never really answered it.