PDA

View Full Version : Am I going shooting tomorrow?

Blue
10-19-2006, 10:20 PM
My buddy called me up and told me we're going shooting tomorrow. I haven't been out to punch paper on the rifle lane in probably over a year. But I don't really feel like driving all the way out somewhere to shoot, or drag any gear out. When I go to the local indoor range, I'll normally throw a couple pistols in the range back along with some ammo and split. But for some reason with rifles it's always a big ordeal. And the drive is alot further. Damnit so should I go or not?

blkA4alb
10-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Yes. .............

Tweak338
10-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Yes. .............

What he said :D

C.G.
10-20-2006, 12:00 AM
My buddy called me up and told me we're going shooting tomorrow. I haven't been out to punch paper on the rifle lane in probably over a year. But I don't really feel like driving all the way out somewhere to shoot, or drag any gear out. When I go to the local indoor range, I'll normally throw a couple pistols in the range back along with some ammo and split. But for some reason with rifles it's always a big ordeal. And the drive is alot further. Damnit so should I go or not?

It is Ok you can come out of the closet, safequeen.:D

phish
10-20-2006, 6:44 AM
go!

I felt more motivated this week after shooting up in Sacramento last weekend. I think the crew I was with helped too. :cool:

GTKrockeTT
10-20-2006, 9:06 AM
outdoor > indoor
shooting rifles > shooting handguns

anymore questions?

NorCal MedTac
10-20-2006, 9:18 AM
Thats funny for some reason I'm debating driving up to Los Altos right now or not. I think some of it is that it is easier just to go to indoor where the the targets are on the pulley. Damn I'm lazy.

NRAhighpowershooter
10-20-2006, 2:04 PM
go!

I felt more motivated this week after shooting up in Sacramento last weekend. I think the crew I was with helped too. :cool:

Sacramento?? what happened up there??? :D :cool:

VeryCoolCat
10-20-2006, 2:12 PM
Pffft you need to find a good area to shoot.

And area where you can drive your vehicle up to... and start unloading at targets you easily set up.

There are plenty of "private" clubs where you pay a fee and you can use their land to shoot.

JPglee1
10-20-2006, 2:16 PM

You live in the South Bay...thats a drive, but if you wanna come shoot with me in the Dez, I'm game... I know some good private spots.

PLUS, I think Im gonna test the big-bad 9mm this weekend... wanna watch? I need someone to drive me to the hospital when it KBs hahaha :D :eek:

J

xenophobe
10-20-2006, 2:25 PM
outdoor > indoor
shooting rifles > shooting handguns

I would agree with that 100%

Blue
10-21-2006, 9:21 AM
So I went and had a great time. My buddy and I met up with one of his work friends who is a total dumbass though. Guy was shooting other peoples targets and running his mouth alot. He's leaving for bootcamp on Monday and was giving me the run down on how he was going to shoot expert because he has "such discaplined shooting skills". This kids target at 100 yards looked like somoene had been shooting it with a shotgun. There's no way hes shooting expert.I hope the military gives him a good ****** kicking because I sure as hell wanted to beat them to it.

NRAhighpowershooter
10-21-2006, 9:43 AM
Did you take your 1919?

Blue
10-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Did you take your 1919?

No, I was going to but didn't feel like linking any ammo up :o

ivanimal
10-22-2006, 11:17 PM
So I went and had a great time. My buddy and I met up with one of his work friends who is a total dumbass though. Guy was shooting other peoples targets and running his mouth alot. He's leaving for bootcamp on Monday and was giving me the run down on how he was going to shoot expert because he has "such discaplined shooting skills". This kids target at 100 yards looked like somoene had been shooting it with a shotgun. There's no way hes shooting expert.I hope the military gives him a good ****** kicking because I sure as hell wanted to beat them to it.

There are some good people in our armed forces more than willing to show him the right way. I bet if you see him again he will be unrecognizeable. I am glad you went shooting anyhow.:D