PDA

View Full Version : Any update/guess on the ATF/S12 issue?

GettoPhilosopher
03-14-2011, 8:55 AM
Mods, feel free to move if it's the wrong folder. I'm asking legal, so I assumed here.

Short of it is that I'm saving for a new gun for my birthday next month, and I should have enough to either build the M16A4 clone I've been planning, OR to buy a Saiga 12. If I'm going to build the A4 clone, I want to start grabbing parts now.

So, question is....do you guys have any updates or legal guesses about whether or not Saiga 12s are going to stop being available? I know there have been a few threads, but I'm looking for updates, not the original panic. Can I afford to wait? Is it already too late? Am I even going to be able to find a Saiga 12 within the next month and a half? Or should I build the A4 clone and wait for the supply to be reestablished?

(Informed) opinions are appreciated.

mossy
03-14-2011, 9:23 AM
use the search, this issue was solved months ago.....it was all fake

GettoPhilosopher
03-14-2011, 9:27 AM
use the search, this issue was solved months ago.....it was all fake

Yes, as I said, I know the threads figured it was fake months ago. I also know retailers have reported not having imports approved, and an all-around lack of S12s available. I had heard retailers (Was it Valkrie? Can't remember, sorry) speculate that they thought ATF was stalling until they could get something together.

If there was some other resolution you're talking about, great. But if all you mean is "ATF didn't announce a ban after SHOT"....well, duh. I'm asking for info as to whether imports are still coming through. Most places are *still* sold out.