PDA

View Full Version : Thune Amendment Updates?

Peaceful John
03-11-2011, 1:06 PM
Friends, are there any updates regarding the Thune Amendment? I emailed their office, but there was no response.

Gray Peterson
03-11-2011, 1:37 PM
Friends, are there any updates regarding the Thune Amendment? I emailed their office, but there was no response.

You won't get a response on it at the moment. It's being worked on, but no updates can be made publicly available at this time.

-Gray

yellowfin
03-11-2011, 1:46 PM
It needs to be on every bill until we get it, not punting on 2nd down or any of last year's rigged vote nonsense.

Gray Peterson
03-11-2011, 2:49 PM
It needs to be on every bill until we get it, not punting on 2nd down or any of last year's rigged vote nonsense.

Rigged or not rigged, that is the game we have to play.

CCWFacts
03-11-2011, 3:52 PM
I have absolutely no inside info, but I know that a government shutdown is looming within a few days unless a spending authorization passes. I also know that the debt ceiling is looming within a month or so unless the debt ceiling bill passes.

Both of these (spending authorization and debt ceiling) are absolutely must-pass bills. I won't be surprised if the Thune Amend is attached to one or the other of these. I more expect it on the debt ceiling bill, but either is possible.

N6ATF
03-11-2011, 4:34 PM
Sounds like there's not enough time to attach it before it needs to be passed.

stix213
03-11-2011, 4:39 PM
I have absolutely no inside info, but I know that a government shutdown is looming within a few days unless a spending authorization passes. I also know that the debt ceiling is looming within a month or so unless the debt ceiling bill passes.

Both of these (spending authorization and debt ceiling) are absolutely must-pass bills. I won't be surprised if the Thune Amend is attached to one or the other of these. I more expect it on the debt ceiling bill, but either is possible.

I agree with the debt ceiling bill, only because I think the spending authorization is too close to the finish line to get it in there. Of course not impossible still.

gunsmith
03-11-2011, 9:32 PM
oh man, if it was attached to the gov't shutdown it would be a dream come true-imagine carrying in DC/NYC in two weeks!

hoffmang
03-11-2011, 10:28 PM
oh man, if it was attached to the gov't shutdown it would be a dream come true-imagine carrying in DC/NYC in two weeks!

Those cities are pikers compared to Chicago. I can't wait to walk down Miracle Mile w/ my trusty EDC...

-Gene

Window_Seat
03-11-2011, 10:39 PM

Is that possible?

Those cities are pikers compared to Chicago. I can't wait to walk down Miracle Mile w/ my trusty EDC...

-Gene

I would look up Richard Daley, and just go for a walk where he is at (with credible witnesses, of course, because we know how corrupt Chicago politicians are). :D

Erik.

nicki
03-12-2011, 2:39 AM
Sen Thune will wait for the correct bill to attach it to. The correct bill will probably be some muss pass item.

Nicki

press1280
03-12-2011, 3:08 AM
I'm with Yellowfin-is there any reason why it can't be attached to the next budget stop-gap bill and then the debt ceiling bill if it fails at first? We all know all sorts of stuff is attached at the last-minute-in-the-dead-of-night to lots of other bills. Or, do I take it if it fails just once that means it's dead for the rest of the year? If no, then I would think the NRA would have a field day on Congresspeople voting against this twice.

CCWFacts
03-12-2011, 9:13 AM

It would be lovely. I'm also in DC / MD fairly often. I would get a fanny pack carry rig, and carry something big (a 1076). Thune Amendment fanny pack carry: flex your rights without scaring the soccer moms.

I'm with Yellowfin-is there any reason why it can't be attached to the next budget stop-gap bill and then the debt ceiling bill if it fails at first?

I assume that this is something that will, indeed, happen in the dead of night, with no warning, and so we'll wake up one morning and find that it has passed.

yellowfin
03-12-2011, 9:22 AM
My point is don't just try once because then the other side only has to win once.