PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't need sound ... the video tells the tale.

ZombieTactics
03-09-2011, 6:14 PM
-uWTecKNyg8&feature=related

With Commentary:
uMrEY0a-Fos&feature=feedu

SDS-Ruger
03-09-2011, 6:22 PM
the bg got what he deserved

taloft
03-09-2011, 6:31 PM
Too bad he didn't shoot him right after the first guy got his throat slit. Might have saved himself and the other fellow from getting stabbed.

uyoga
03-09-2011, 6:32 PM
. . . . and that's the way it should be . . . . .

scarville
03-09-2011, 6:32 PM
In before the Clip Police arrive

Lone_Gunman
03-09-2011, 6:34 PM
Dear God! The dude that left right before it started got lucky. Where was this?

otalps
03-09-2011, 6:36 PM
Damn, should've put a few more rounds into the perp for good measure.

sawchain
03-09-2011, 6:38 PM
I know it's hard to think in a situation like that, but if this happens to you, remember to patch yourself up after the bg is stopped. If you don't, you may bleed out and die.

chickenfried
03-09-2011, 6:39 PM
holy crap impressive shooting. Being in that situation and one shot one hit, crazy.

paul0660
03-09-2011, 6:42 PM
Looks like two shots, the first one hits soda, and nearly the other good guy.

NoJoke
03-09-2011, 6:49 PM
Wow.
Nothing like the way Hollywood likes to play out those scenes. :rolleyes:

1JimMarch
03-09-2011, 6:58 PM
Holy crap. Yeah, this is a case where you go "all in", shoot despite risks. "Almost" hit somebody else is fine so long as you don't actually hit 'em and if you DO, they're not going to be any worse off. This was NOT A ROBBERY, it was an attempted mass murder.

SickofSoCal
03-09-2011, 7:05 PM
I can't tell, but where does he hit the prep?

PsychGuy274
03-09-2011, 7:10 PM
I hope the bg suffered before he died.

InGrAM
03-09-2011, 7:14 PM
omg..... just think if the liberals had their way and took all of our guns..... (the scariest thing iv ever thought about)

This doesn't look like its in the US tho. Look at the moped out front and the cars. It looks like the middle east. look at how camera is spelled.

Reductio
03-09-2011, 7:24 PM

Commentator said he would have dumped the entire mag into him. I'd have to agree... victim was bleeding like a stuck pig.

1911su16b870
03-09-2011, 7:24 PM
Anyone know if the first guy survived?

FullMetalJacket
03-09-2011, 7:32 PM
He brought a knife to a gunfight and it ended...predictably.

CCWFacts
03-09-2011, 7:32 PM

Yeah. It appeared that the one round did the trick, but that's pure luck. No self-defense pistol round is adequate for reliable one-shot stops. None. There should always be a double-tap, at least. As others have pointed out, that wasn't a robbery, where the perpetrator uses a threat of force. No, the perpetrator's plan was to kill everyone first, without any prolog. I wonder if it even was an attempted robbery. Looking at it, maybe it was a mafia hit against a store that wasn't paying its "tax"?

That guy could have gotten up and gotten back into the fight, except by pure luck the single shot did seem to work. I'm glad the guy had a pistol, but he would have had to rely less on luck if he had had some training. The shooter should have kept on shooting, at least a few more shots, to make sure the guy was out of the fight, because the victims (at the time) couldn't have known how serious their wounds were or how "out" the perpetrator was.

I also noticed how much trouble the clerk had with dialing his cellphone. Very understandable, given he had just had the biggest adrenaline dump of his life, and was bleeding from his head. The reason I'm highlighting this is because I have, for a while now, had concerns about the safety of modern iPhone-style touchscreen-only phones. When I get text messages from someone with an iPhone, it's pretty obvious that the on-screen keyboard is inaccurate. Under a stressful situation, how long would it take for a user to dial 911? And their screens are capacitive touch screens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitive_sensing), meaning they will probably not work at all if you get drops of blood on them.

I personally won't buy or own another touchscreen-only phone, partly for safety reasons.

Anyway, I'm glad the perpetrator has ended his criminal career, and it looks like the victims don't have serious (physical) injuries.

I wonder which country that's in. Do they sell Wall's icecreams in the US? That kinda looks like India or Pakistan maybe?

Toast
03-09-2011, 7:35 PM
I wonder what happened to the first guy, that's some scary ****. You never expect someone to stroll up behind you and try to slit your throat. If the guy didn't have his gun they probably would have all been killed. Amazing shot too.

TinyCrumb
03-09-2011, 7:36 PM

+1

I'm not sure how he would have, it looked like a pretty clean kill :(

And the store owner didn't look like he was trying to help him at all in the end, was just on his phone.

And why did the second guy that helped wrestle the bg down run away so quickly?

Does anyone know where this was? Was it in the U.S.?

760knox
03-09-2011, 7:39 PM
Wow, pretty messed up.

Toast
03-09-2011, 7:39 PM
+1

I'm not sure how he would have, it looked like a pretty clean kill :(

And the store owner didn't look like he was trying to help him at all in the end, was just on his phone.

Does anyone know where this was? Was it in the U.S.?

When they replay it from the other angle you can see the guy's shirt has blood all over the shoulder area before he goes out the door :(

2Bear
03-09-2011, 8:00 PM
When they show the high angle of the cashier/gunman you can see it's two shots.

Horrible scene. Poor guy #1!!!

I thought it looked like South America. Could be Middle East / North Africa...

$P-Ritch$
03-09-2011, 8:04 PM
I wonder which country it could be in south America? Aren't they all pretty restrictive on gun ownership? I know the ones that do allow handguns usually only allow calibers like.22, .32, and .380. All the big boy calibers are for the police/mil. If that was a .380, I'm impressed, it dropped his azz fast!

77bawls
03-09-2011, 8:14 PM

IIRC it was in Israel. The first guy did survive. I guess he was a little portly and it didn't get the jugular. The other guy was Family of a rival store.

Anchors
03-09-2011, 8:17 PM
Wow. I have seen a lot of bad stuff happen to people before, but never someone just unexpectedly get their throat slit for no apparent reason.

That is probably the second most horrible thing I have ever even seen a recording of (the first was some messed up snuff movie some kid tricked me into clicking a few years ago, that is what you get when you don't check links from strangers).

He shot at an angle, one handed, and bleeding out of his head and still dropped the bad guy in 1-2 shots. Impressive.

I also would like to know what happened to man #1 and the murderer (or attempted at least).

ETA: From the original video:
Psycho Slits A Man In The Throat and Goes on a Knife Attack! Store Owner forced to gun him down. Apparently the assailant knew the owner and had a prior dispute. The first person cut in the throat was a relative of the store owner as well as the stocker that came out to help. Minor injuries except, of course, for the bullet wounds. Soda was definitely hurt during the shooting of this incident.

I guess the guy with his throat slit lived. I have no idea how. He looked like a goner for sure.

2Bear
03-09-2011, 8:22 PM
Per the comments on the YouTube site.

OP from YouTube said:

The guy who got his throat slit survived. Luckily his artery wasn't completely slit and he was smart enough to apply first aid on himself using his clothing. He didn't want to wait for the ambulance to come so he drove to a local hospital and was treated.

MrClamperSir
03-09-2011, 8:34 PM
WTF!! That was one of the scariest things I've seen.

CCWFacts
03-09-2011, 8:37 PM
Per the comments on the YouTube site.X

Ah makes perfect sense. It looks like a Turkish store and they have Wall's icecream. And guns are widely available and owned in Turkey. Not sure if they are legal, but if they aren't, no one seems to care. I remember going into a well-stocked gun shop there, pistols, rifles, whatever. Didn't seem like there would be a lot of restrictions on buying it.

OP from YouTube said: (it's a revenge attack, not a robbery)

Makes sense, it's what I guessed initially.

Glad the right people survived.

2Bear
03-09-2011, 8:37 PM
WTF!! That was one of the scariest things I've seen.

Somehow, it helps to know this is not a robbery, but a rival store owner going postal.

LouDog
03-09-2011, 8:39 PM
Damn you can see the guy in the gray shirt leaking a serious amount of blood (you can see it hitting the ground) when he gets up to run out, right after the good guy shoots the piece of ****. I wonder if they survived.

Ubermcoupe
03-09-2011, 8:54 PM
Update on the Shop-owner or other injured?

One thing I hate about lacerations (especially with the head) is the vast amounts of blood...

gunsmith
03-09-2011, 8:58 PM
wow!

subijitsu
03-09-2011, 8:59 PM
That is some scary stuff right there. It just shows you how fast it all goes down too.

atomicwedgy
03-09-2011, 8:59 PM
punishment in good measure. Store owner didnt even check the perp for signs of life

sawchain
03-09-2011, 9:42 PM
Makes me want to rethink the whole round-in-the-chamber-or-not decision.

$P-Ritch$
03-09-2011, 9:49 PM

Yeah, in a situation where you find your life in danger there is an all to good possibility that you won't have time to fumble with the slide. Especially if your hands are all slippery with your own blood, on account of having been stabbed multiple times.

MrClamperSir
03-09-2011, 9:53 PM
Somehow, it helps to know this is not a robbery, but a rival store owner going postal.

Yeah but still....

otalps
03-09-2011, 10:00 PM

This is another good video to make you rethink not keeping a round chambered.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=086_1260862712

Anchors
03-09-2011, 11:13 PM

Yeah. It is crazy how fast it all happens.
Criminals aren't going to give you the time to chamber a round.
They usually operate on the element of surprise.

77bawls
03-09-2011, 11:29 PM
That was the same thing, rival store owner. They are crazy over there.

Kid Stanislaus
03-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah, this happened in Turkey. Does anybody think it can't happen right down the street from anywhere in the USA?

bootless
03-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah, this happened in Turkey. Does anybody think it can't happen right down the street from anywhere in the USA?

Anti's! We live in a perfect world where bad things never happen and there is no need for firearms. Oh and the police will keep us all safe:43:

2Bear
03-10-2011, 12:00 AM

Imagine if there was good video-surveillance coverage of Jared Loughner in AZ.

That would be a scene from hell as well...

Caladain
03-10-2011, 7:32 AM

Annnnd here i was thinking about downgrading to condition 3 while carrying.

That just won the debate for condition 1 for all time.

Wherryj
03-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Looks like two shots, the first one hits soda, and nearly the other good guy.

Still a better hit to shots fired rate than the NYPD. I'd also guess a lower "bystander" hit rate as well.

ZombieTactics
03-10-2011, 11:18 AM

Another thing to observe here is that the man who ultimately died did not go "arrrrgh!" and immediately slump over after he was shot like in the movies. He kept fighting, and seemed unaware of the fatal nature of his injuries until he rather suddenly lost consciousness.

Your bad-guy opponent will be the same ... maybe worse if on some kind of drugs. Don't expect a gunshot to act like an "off switch". You need to stay in the fight and keep launching rounds until the threat has stopped.

This is obvious to some, of course. Consider it a wakeup call for those not so well informed.

Anchors
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Another thing to observe here is that the man who ultimately died did not go "arrrrgh!" and immediately slump over after he was shot like in the movies. He kept fighting, and seemed unaware of the fatal nature of his injuries until he rather suddenly lost consciousness.

Your bad-guy opponent will be the same ... maybe worse if on some kind of drugs. Don't expect a gunshot to act like an "off switch". You need to stay in the fight and keep launching rounds until the threat has stopped.

This is obvious to some, of course. Consider it a wakeup call for those not so well informed.

It bothers me that in that PA CCW shooting case (I believe it was Pennsylvania V. Ung) the DA questioned him about the number of rounds he fired (five or six) and asked him why he didn't try to shoot for the arm?
Anyone with any remote amount of firearms experience knows that you aim for center-mass and keep shooting until the threat has stopped.

Suggesting people go for arm and leg shots is one of the most dangerous things I have ever read and it came from a DA prosecuting a self-defense case.

I would be worried in CA that they would be like "Did you have to shoot him ten times, even though he broke into your house and was charging you?"

jonyg
03-10-2011, 12:00 PM

My guess is he may not have realized the bg was dead, probably trying to get away from the knife. He does return (in the corner of the video) when he realizes the man is shot. Looks like he took quite a few whacks before the owner shot the bg...

2Bear
03-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I would be worried in CA that they would be like "Did you have to shoot him ten times, even though he broke into your house and was charging you?"

Or, "What a mess!", did you HAVE to use hollow-points?

Joe
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Scary video. Loaded concealed carry should not only be legal but should be encouraged by all government.

MudCamper
03-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Yep. And have the gun on your hip, not under the counter.

stix213
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
OMG!

BoxesOfLiberty
03-10-2011, 1:29 PM
Or, "What a mess!", did you HAVE to use hollow-points?

Maybe more like this:

... The defendant has told us that he just wanted the victim to "stop".

Well, he got his wish.

He says he never wanted to kill anyone.

Is that why he chose to load his gun with lethal high-velocity dum-dum bullets? You've heard expert testimony about these bullets. You were told in cold scientific terminology that they are designed to maximize penetration and expansion to create the largest possible wound cavity.

These bullets are not designed to "stop" an attacker. The aren't designed to discourage a criminal. They are designed with just one cruel purpose. They are designed to end a life, and certainly the defendant understood that when he loaded loaded not one but three magazines with them, well before his fatal confrontation with the deceased. That sounds like premeditation to me.

Consider those few final seconds of the deceased's all-too-short sixteen-years of life, as he came face-to-face with the defendant and his military-style semi-automatic Glock machine pistol loaded with dum-dum assault bullets banned from use in all civilized nations for more than a century by the Geneva Convention.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you have a solemn task before you, and the defendant's future is in the balance. But also in the balance is justice. Justice for a sixteen-year-old boy whose life ended before he had a chance to make his mark, or start a family; before he ever had the chance to decide what sort of man he would be. Justice for the family he leaves behind. For the parents who understand now in a way that few can why a parent should never outlive a child. For the loving sister who no longer has an older brother.

Its been a long week, and you've been given a great deal to consider. I promise to get to the point of things momentarily, but in the interest of justice for the dead and for his family, I beg you indulge me just for a moment.

Close your eyes if you will, and put yourself in the shoes of the sixteen-year-old victim.

Try to imagine what you would have done, as the defendant -- whose first shot had already fatally ripped through your femoral artery -- fired again and again, spray-firing bullets into your body with lethal precision, not once, not twice, but ten times in all?

Would you have fought for your life, clinging to the few seconds you had left?

Would you have turned and tried to escape the defendant's merciless attack?

We can never know what deceased was thinking that day, and thankfully we can never know what he felt.

All you have to base your decision upon are the facts. The fact that after the fatal shot, the defendant coldly continued his attack firing a total of nine more times.

Does that sound like justifiable self-defense?

Your duty is clear. You can arrive at only one decision. Now go and exercise that duty with a clear conscience. I am not asking you to decide the defendant's fate. He already did that -- when he bought his gun, when he loaded it with hollowpoints, when he pointed it at his victim, and again each and every time he pulled the trigger. I am merely asking you to do your duty, and find the accused guilty as charged. Thank you.

jimx
03-10-2011, 1:38 PM
He brought a knife to a gunfight and it ended...predictably.

I am surprised that it took 18 posts before someone brought up this point upů.

N6ATF
03-10-2011, 1:49 PM
Yeah. It is crazy how fast it all happens.
Criminals aren't going to give you the time to chamber a round.
They usually operate on the element of surprise.

... against soft targets.

Sacramento Black Rifle
03-10-2011, 2:18 PM
god!

2Bear
03-10-2011, 2:18 PM
"Consider those few final seconds of the deceased's all-too-short sixteen-years of life, as he came face-to-face with the defendant and his military-style semi-automatic Glock machine pistol loaded with dum-dum assault bullets banned from use in all civilized nations for more than a century by the Geneva Convention."

Sheesh.

The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibits the use in warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.[3] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, as well as weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention.

The hollow point and soft-nosed bullets are both sometimes also referred to as dum-dums, so named after the British arsenal at Dum Dum, in present north Kolkata, India, where it is said jacketed, expanding bullets were first developed.[14][15] This term is rare among shooters, but can still be found in use, usually in the news media and sensational popular fiction.[16] Recreational shooters sometimes refer to hollow points as "JHPs", from the common manufacturer's abbreviation for "Jacketed Hollow Point".

To be most correct, the term "Dum Dum Bullet" refers only to soft point bullets, not to hollow points, though it is very common for it to be mistakenly used this way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow-point_bullet

Glock Machine Pistol? I doubt it.

Lost.monkey
03-10-2011, 2:46 PM
Notice the sideways shooting? Very gangland. Other than that, great shooting under duress.

The BG has that murderous intent that is plain evil. The first guy didn't even know he had his throat slit until he saw blood. No chance at all.

RP1911
03-10-2011, 4:44 PM
Looks like the shot entered the right side of the bg and traveled up to his heart area?

pitchbaby
03-10-2011, 7:38 PM
Awesome outcome considering the circumstances... but walking out with the gun knowing the police are about to arrive... I wouldn't want to do that. Still considering what he went through... YIKES!

Centurion_D
03-10-2011, 8:37 PM
Yay..that's what I'm talking about!!!!! Chalk one up for the good guys.

Sniper3142
03-10-2011, 9:48 PM
Somone needs to send this to ALL the Brady and VPC idiots!!!

I'd love to see what they say about it!!

N6ATF
03-10-2011, 11:49 PM
They'd lament yet another one of their members not being able to commit massacres with impunity.

Mulay El Raisuli
03-11-2011, 4:31 AM

Yup. Anything other than one up the spout & ready to go is just nuts (from a self protection POV).

The Raisuli

tenpercentfirearms
03-11-2011, 6:00 AM
I don't think I would have let him keep coming after watching him knife the first guy. Then again, maybe he didn't see the first guy get knifed.

Caladain
03-11-2011, 6:52 AM
I don't think I would have let him keep coming after watching him knife the first guy. Then again, maybe he didn't see the first guy get knifed.

Probably shock. The surprise of "Did i just see that?" can last a couple seconds for something so outside the norm.