PDA

View Full Version : legal question on a rifle,,

me109g4
03-07-2011, 8:28 AM
Hi, my first post is gonna be a question,,, I am a resident of NH and i come to San Diego once or twice a yr. to visit relatives, could i legally keep a 10/22 at my relatives residence so that when i am there i could go shoot? and could they use it when i am not there? I have no clue on the laws there, most seem to have been concocted by brain dead gerbils from what i see on this forum so far. Many thanks for the help,, JT. Rindge NH

taperxz
03-07-2011, 8:35 AM
Hi, my first post is gonna be a question,,, I am a resident of NH and i come to San Diego once or twice a yr. to visit relatives, could i legally keep a 10/22 at my relatives residence so that when i am there i could go shoot? and could they use it when i am not there? I have no clue on the laws there, most seem to have been concocted by brain dead gerbils from what i see on this forum so far. Many thanks for the help,, JT. Rindge NH

Yes you can bring it and use it. Leaving it here for them to use may constitute the need for something in writing with you giving them permission And as long as no one in the house is a prohibited person with access to the rifle.

Pixs
03-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Hi Me109G4,
Sad to say that Gerbils are also illegal in CA.
Best,
Pixs

me109g4
03-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Even a Pre-ban gerbil??

Please dont tell me you are serious,,,,

Southwest Chuck
03-07-2011, 2:28 PM
Even a Pre-ban gerbil??

He's serious.

Also, in San Diego, make sure you tread lightly.....

Crazy California Laws (San Diego) (http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/california?page=80)
It is illegal to shoot jackrabbits from the back of a streetcar.

The owners of houses with Christmas lights on them past February second may be fined up to $250.

So make sure your relatives have taken down their Christmas lights and no shooting jacks with that 10/22 while riding the street cars... (although I've heard the locals do it all the time :D

CSACANNONEER
03-07-2011, 2:35 PM
Even a Pre-ban gerbil??

California is one of the largest agricultural producing COUNTRIES in the world. Keeping our agriculture protected against the possibility of escaped vermin destroying billions of dollars worth of crops is a good thing, isn't it? Without California's contribution to your food supply in NH, you'ld either starve or pay ten times what you are currently paying for food. Besides, intentionally or accidently introducing non-native species into an enviornment has proven to be a dangerous proposition every time it happens.

Bring your 10-22 but, you can only bring mags larger than 10 rounds if you had those exact mags in California before 1-1-00. Otherwise, you are limited to 10 rounds or less.

In San Francisco, it's illegal to walk an elephant down Market St. unless it's on a leash.

Nick Justice
03-07-2011, 2:43 PM
Yes. Gerbils are illegal in CA. As are ferrets, but not gerbil or ferret food (which are sold here by the ton).

Anyway, in CA you cannot loan a firearm to another for more than 30 days. Leaving it with family here is risky. A few (A FEW-NOT MOST) DA's and a few others in LE (A FEW, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO MOST) look at the phrase "Anything you say will be used against you" to mean "We have the solemn duty to take anything you say or do and interpret it against you in court to make you look evil to the judge and jury".

Not sure about loaning a gerbil or ferret to anyone.

rudigan
03-07-2011, 2:46 PM
Even a Pre-ban gerbil??

It's Richard Gere's fault.

G60
03-07-2011, 2:48 PM
He's serious.

Also, in San Diego, make sure you tread lightly.....

Crazy California Laws (San Diego) (http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/california?page=80)
It is illegal to shoot jackrabbits from the back of a streetcar.

The owners of houses with Christmas lights on them past February second may be fined up to $250.

So make sure your relatives have taken down their Christmas lights and no shooting jacks with that 10/22 while riding the street cars... (although I've heard the locals do it all the time :D

some of those are funny. wish there were citations for all though.

Southwest Chuck
03-07-2011, 2:49 PM
It's Richard Gere's fault.

The one that got away!!! LOL

2Bear
03-07-2011, 2:55 PM
Gerbils are hard to hit. Feral gerbils are a PITA.

If y'all were better shots, they'd still be legal.

Sheesh!

CSACANNONEER
03-07-2011, 2:55 PM
Yes. Gerbils are illegal in CA. As are ferrets, but not gerbil or ferret food (which are sold here by the ton).

Anyway, in CA you cannot loan a firearm to another for more than 30 days. Leaving it with family here is risky. A few (A FEW-NOT MOST) DA's and a few others in LE (A FEW, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO MOST) look at the phrase "Anything you say will be used against you" to mean "We have the solemn duty to take anything you say or do and interpret it against you in court to make you look evil to the judge and jury".

Not sure about loaning a gerbil or ferret to anyone.

He's not planning on "loaning" it. He's planning on "storing" it in the state. There is no law against storing a firearm in this state for an indefinate amount of time.

Dangerpin
03-07-2011, 2:56 PM
If he had a safe here and controlled the combination of the safe it would it not be on loan? It would be his property and he could give permission for the gun to be loaned out of his property and then then returned to his possession (safe)?

His written permission would allow them to borrow and return it, right?