PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento regional & Leg match

phish
10-09-2006, 1:32 PM
Sorry, but I won't be able to make this one and the one in Coalinga this year. :( I know it would've been nice if I was there to be Leg meat, but that's the way things go sometimes.

I'm hoping the usual suspects will give a blow-by-blow recap this Sunday evening, especially if there're any "incidents" during the Leg match. ;)

shoot well guys, and watch those flags!

NRAhighpowershooter
10-09-2006, 1:52 PM
I will be there for the match Saturday as well as the LEG mastch Sunday... I need the 10 points!!!!!

Pthfndr
10-09-2006, 5:35 PM
I'll be there if for no other reason than to keep Armanini from getting more points. It cracks me up to watch him get all steamed when he misses by 1 point.

Mirage
10-09-2006, 6:25 PM
Oh no Phish!
Don't tell me the wife said you couldn't go!

phish
10-09-2006, 8:00 PM
several contributing factors:

a.) getting hit with a substantial property tax bill this year
b.) got transferred to another group at work, long hours
c.) need to do b.) to take care of a.)

I suppose it can be traced back to the ball 'n chain. :D

This year kind of ballances out '05, even started to feel burned out towards the end of '05.

hopefully '07 can be a happy medium, kinda stockpilled stuff so they could be "grandfathered in" :p

I think the thing I'll miss the most is the drama that could happen if Pthfndr and HPS accomplish their mission!

Mirage
10-09-2006, 8:19 PM
Ahhh Yes
The Death & Taxes thing.
Well don't work yourself to death trying to pay your taxes, but you need to get those taxes paid so the DOJ can afford to update the list.
Hope to catch you at a match soon.

NRAhighpowershooter
10-10-2006, 7:51 AM
He won't admit it.. but his wife really said he couldn't go........:p

30Cal
10-10-2006, 9:34 AM
Is there a match this weekend? Need more data. Is there an entry form online? I might try to make the Leg match.

Still undecided between Creedmore and Coalinga. I'd like to shoot the Creedmore, but the schedule is just hosed. JCG matches Sun & Monday, Leg match Friday and the 88rd on Sat. I'm leaning more and more towards Coalinga. I don't want to burn 5 days of VACA to shoot in two (the 88rd doesn't cost me vacation time) events.

Ty

phish
10-10-2006, 9:51 AM
Jim's been "away", the last email I got from him was around mid-August about the regional this weekend. I don't see why they won't take drive-up sign-ins this Sunday.

Heck, I'm considering a banzai run on Sunday. If anything, to "take one for the team" to help ensure a 6 point leg.

Pthfndr
10-10-2006, 7:45 PM
Is there a match this weekend? Need more data. Is there an entry form online? I might try to make the Leg match.

Ty

Jim O'Connell was keeping the stats for the F Class Nationals at Sac Valley all weekend. Unless he makes a trip home to check mail and messages he'll likely stay there through this coming weekends regional.

You could call or email him to let him know if you're coming. His number and email are on the clubs website. Just scroll down to High Power.

http://www.sacvalley.org/SacVal/Shooting_Events.html

There should be room for shooters who don't pre register. It's limited to the first 100, which would mean shooting 4 relays. And in the 7 years I've been shooting HP I don't remember ever shooting 4 relays there. So you should be fine if you just show up.

Saturday is the regional. Sunday is the leg match. Sign in is at 7:30 both days.

30Cal
10-11-2006, 7:57 AM
I'll definitely be going on Sunday.

phish
10-11-2006, 8:45 AM
Pthfndr, I'll give you a call if you get reception up there on Saturday. If another semi-warm body in addition to 30Cal will make the difference between 10-8-6 or 8-6, I'm in.

:D

NRAhighpowershooter
10-11-2006, 1:19 PM
Well I have my ammo packed.. I checked my 600yd ammo and I have 48rnds... WHEW!!! just enough for both days.....

phish
10-11-2006, 2:48 PM
Don't forget pocket money, you never know what kind of goodies somebody is trying to hock!

NRAhighpowershooter
10-11-2006, 3:30 PM
Don't forget pocket money, you never know what kind of goodies somebody is trying to hock!

I is broke!! :( I have just enough $$ for gas, food, match fees and the motel for Saturday night..... Last week was my daughters 12th B-day and tomorrow is Mrs. NRAHPS's B-day and that broke me completely!!! My SocSec checks don't come until next week :(

Pthfndr
10-11-2006, 6:11 PM
Pthfndr, I'll give you a call if you get reception up there on Saturday. If another semi-warm body in addition to 30Cal will make the difference between 10-8-6 or 8-6, I'm in.

Ok. I'll make sure to check with Jim saturday afternoon to see how many shooters he expects for the leg match.

Pthfndr
10-11-2006, 6:13 PM
I is broke!! :( I have just enough $$ for gas, food, match fees and the motel for Saturday night.....

Maybe Joel would let you sleep in his truck with him.

That doesn't sound quite right, does it :eek:

NRAhighpowershooter
10-11-2006, 6:17 PM
Maybe Joel would let you sleep in his truck with him.

That doesn't sound quite right, does it :eek:

Now THAT wasn't nice!!!!:p we will now see who is on top of the heap this weekend... won't we? :D

Pthfndr
10-13-2006, 4:43 PM
Only 11 shooters for the club match today. Jim won of course.

I used up all my bad shots for the weekend today. I think the last time I shot a score that bad off hand I was using a .22 rimfire at 200 yards :o I had 2 misses, two 6s and a 7! Ugh, I hate first relay. Then I saved 2 rounds in the first 200 sitting string. I've NEVER saved 2 rounds.

But I salvaged a 197 at 300 and a 192-5x at 600. The winds were kind to us today. Never needed more than 1-1/2 minutes at 600.

phish
10-13-2006, 5:02 PM
Nothing like a club match to exorcise the demons! It's actually looking to be a good weekend weatherwise.

I'll be coming up Sunday, irregardless of the amount of shooters. I think looking forward to a full distance match seems to have gotten me out of a rut.

I gotta find my data book...

NRAhighpowershooter
10-13-2006, 6:59 PM
I'm all packed and ready to go.. gonna go nighty night now to be bright eyed, alert, and bushy tailed for tomorrow and Sunday!!! now if my eyes will only be nice to me and not act up.........:mad:

Pthfndr
10-14-2006, 5:24 PM
Well I hate to admit it, but NRAHPS (Robert) shot pretty darn good today. Better than me (mostly). Armanini was only 10 points down going to 600. Dropped 26 there!!!! He was not a happy camper.

Jason Case was match winner. Look out G.D.Tubbs the kid is on fire!

It was a tough crowd today. I shot a 195-4x at 300 and was only 3rd in master class. The top 6 in HM class were seperated by only ONE point and X count.

Melissa's new rifle didn't work because it was dropped at home and the buffer tube was BENT causing the bolt to get stuck. Unfortnately we didn't figure that out till everything was done for the day.

30 some shooters there today. Expect around 15-20 for the leg match.

phish
10-14-2006, 6:10 PM
Thanks for the update!

I hope I exorcised the match demons out today during a practice offhand string, didn't do so hot. :o
I tried to convince 2 more bodies to shoot the Leg match, no go.

I'll bring an extra buffer tube up tomorrow if the Acebos didn't go home to get another one already.

I gotta be on the road by o'dark hundred tomorrow, turning in "relatively" early. :p

Pthfndr
10-15-2006, 4:47 PM
Here it is in writing for everyone to see.

Congratulations to NRAHPS for besting all of us.

Sandbagger!

phish
10-15-2006, 6:25 PM
I'm all packed and ready to go.. gonna go nighty night now to be bright eyed, alert, and bushy tailed for tomorrow and Sunday!!! now if my eyes will only be nice to me and not act up.........:mad:

Once again, youth is trumped by experience. :D

This is the second year in a row I reefed at 2 rapid during the October regional, but everything else was acceptable. The evil wind never came, and I think it cost me points trying to anticipate "the big one".

It was a good day of shooting though. I wonder what was with that guy trying to look at people's serial numbers, never seen him at a match before. :confused:

Pthfndr
10-15-2006, 7:16 PM
I wonder what was with that guy trying to look at people's serial numbers, never seen him at a match before. :confused:

That was pretty weird. I noticed that too. Especially when he would look over the shoulder of the scorers, like he was trying to see the name on the score sheet.It was obvious he was only interested in the AR shooters as he never stopped and looked at the bolt gunners :confused: [/I]

NRAhighpowershooter
10-15-2006, 10:20 PM
That was pretty weird. I noticed that too. Especially when he would look over the shoulder of the scorers, like he was trying to see the name on the score sheet.It was obvious he was only interested in the AR shooters as he never stopped and looked at the bolt gunners :confused: [/I]

What stage/relay shooting did this happen?? I didn't notice anyone. Well at least I'm half way to Distiguished :D

NRAhighpowershooter
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
WOOOHOOOOOO!!! I just got my EIC Gold Medal in the mail frmo the CMP just a few minutes ago!!! :D :cool:

30Cal
12-04-2006, 2:41 PM
Nice!

chickenfried
12-04-2006, 3:20 PM
The truth comes out. HPS hired me to come around checking out rifles, to get his competition all riled up and off their game.

phish
12-04-2006, 6:01 PM
The truth comes out. HPS hired me to come around checking out rifles, to get his competition all riled up and off their game.

ahhh, so you're part of the "tactical asian squad"

:p