PDA

View Full Version : Geissele 3 Gun Trigger

alex45auto
03-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this trigger? How much better is it than the SSA or super dynamic enhanced?

$P-Ritch$
03-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Give me about two weeks and I can give you a review on both the super 3 gun and the super dynamic ssa. Waiting on usps for the dynamic ssa for one rifle and waiting for the duracoat to cure on my 3 gun rifle

JaeOne3345
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Alex, I let you try it dry at the range, remember?

Let me know if you need me to bring my rifle by again. I'll let you fire some rounds through my lower if you like as well.

I have the curved version. My roommate has the flat version of the 3 gun.

captbilly
03-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Of the triggers I have tried on an AR style rifle the Geissele adjustable match trigger is by far the best. The problem with any non-adjustable trigger is that it cannot take into account the actual trigger group pin spacing of your receiver. The manufacturer has to build in some slop to insure that it will not be unsafe on any receiver. Some "drop in" triggers are designed not to use the trigger pins at all (well just for holding the trigger package in place) and these could be adjusted very exactly at the manufacturer, but a trigger that uses the pins for geometry (as is the case with Geisele) really should be adjustable to get it just right. I know that some people are concerned about an adjustable trigger losing it's adjustment, and I suppose that this could happen, but even an non-adjustable trigger will wear over time. With an adjustable trigger you can readjust to deal with wear, but the non-adjustable will just get worse and worse until it become unreliable or unsafe.

alex45auto
03-04-2011, 2:38 PM
Alex, I let you try it dry at the range, remember?

Let me know if you need me to bring my rifle by again. I'll let you fire some rounds through my lower if you like as well.

I have the curved version. My roommate has the flat version of the 3 gun.

After feeling you're trigger, I really wanted to change both my Hbar and midlenght. I do like the flat version better.

pacrimguru
03-04-2011, 2:54 PM
i have both the SSA and S3G, they are both excellent triggers. the biggest difference is that the S3G is almost a single stage and the SSA is a true 2 stage.

RRichie09
03-04-2011, 3:52 PM
i have both the SSA and S3G, they are both excellent triggers. the biggest difference is that the S3G is almost a single stage and the SSA is a true 2 stage.

Almost a single? I thought they were single stage.

$P-Ritch$
03-04-2011, 7:02 PM
By design the super 3 gun is still technically a two stage trigger. However, in operation the first stage is virtually non-existent. At least that is what I have read and been told.

mattmcg
03-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Personally I wasn't a fan of the SD3G. While it is marketed as "almost a single stage" I felt there was a real weak line before the break. Too many surprises with the break and a bit of creep had me switch back to my DMR triggers.

While the 2 stage triggers are a tad bit slower, you definitely know where the break is and don't have any issues with NDs while running around.

I'd love Geissele to come up with a true single stage.