PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Receiver/Frame dealer in SoCal

jpark4
02-20-2011, 9:41 PM
Pretty much what the topic says

So I have all the necessary parts to build a complete 1911 pistol but missing the the receiver. I've searched online for receivers, but all the sites are from AK, AZ, and many other states except CA. I really don't feel like dealing with out of state issue and want to see if there are any dealers I buy a receiver from for a reasonable price in Southern California.

(all parts are original Remington Rand)

Thank you in advanced!

redcliff
02-20-2011, 9:48 PM
Unless you are roster-exempt you'll have to find a used one for a PPT or find a consignment sale.

California FFL's cant sell new handgun frames to ordinary citizens because they don't comply with the Roster of Handguns Certified for sale.

jpark4
02-20-2011, 9:53 PM
Boy, that sucks. Thanks for the information, redcliff. Seems like I am pretty much SOL :(

Sam
02-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Boy, that sucks. Thanks for the information, redcliff. Seems like I am pretty much SOL :(

Getting in a pistol that is not on the roster via single shot exemption is a very viable method of getting a pistol into the state. You could purchase a base 1911 and use that frame.

fennecfrank
02-21-2011, 7:01 AM
There were two in northern CA: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=399030

but they were claimed already. Someone was selling a Caspian frame in so cal a while back for $500 or $600 but I don't remember who and I can't find the thread.
keep checking the for sale section. untouched frames pop up every now and then.

morrcarr67
02-21-2011, 7:36 AM
Getting in a pistol that is not on the roster via single shot exemption is a very viable method of getting a pistol into the state. You could purchase a base 1911 and use that frame.

Except I think he already has all the other parts for his build. Buying a hole gun kind of defeats the purpose.

loose_electron
02-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Anybody do the 80% complete receivers/frames of 1911's for sale? Gets you around the FFL/DROS/Roster gig and you got some hole drilling to do and you are good to go. Must be out there.

http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/products.php

The above might be worth looking at if you got machinest skill or know somebody to help.

jpark4
02-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah, my brother mentioned something about a 75% build or something to get around that issue. Thanks guys! i'll look into it.

Edit:
So I have found some old posts dating back to 2005 by BWiese and it seems as if the 80% built frame deal is considered illegal. I don't know if much has changed since then but heretofore, I should just look into investing in a 100% completed firearm from a manufacturer.

morrcarr67
02-22-2011, 5:02 AM
Yeah, my brother mentioned something about a 75% build or something to get around that issue. Thanks guys! i'll look into it.

Edit:
So I have found some old posts dating back to 2005 by BWiese and it seems as if the 80% built frame deal is considered illegal. I don't know if much has changed since then but heretofore, I should just look into investing in a 100% completed firearm from a manufacturer.

Not illegal. You just really need to know what you need to do to make it legal.