PDA

View Full Version : Threatened/previously victimized?

Shiboleth
02-11-2011, 5:42 PM
Does anyone know of any data available pertaining to the incidence of violent crimes, where the victim had previously been threatened by the perpetrator, or had previously been a victim of some other related violent crime?

We all know that having to prove one's need for a CCW in a may-issue system is blatantly ridiculous, as there is no effective way to predict crime. But the vast majority of the discretionary issue agencies all want to see some sort of pre-existing threat. It seems like this would be something fairly easy to obtain data on if someone were to do a study, which would lend hard data to discrediting such a requirement. My guess is that the vast majority of victims would not have fallen into the category of being able to articulate such a threat, or had been previous victims. But i've never come across any numbers addressing this.

deadcoyote
02-11-2011, 5:53 PM
This is a shot in the dark but I can't figure out if your referring to a Tarasov advisory or to a VINE type network (Victim Information Network E?). I'm not much help in this area but it's a place to start.