PDA

View Full Version : Calguns Pvt. Prop. shooting area idea?

THE NEW GUY
02-09-2011, 10:12 PM
This may get ignored by most readers, but hopefully a moderator will look and see...

I know San Diegans have a hard time finding a place to shoot outdoors and freely. Many people like myself would like to practice drawing from holsters and tactical style shooting.

I don't know anything about real estate, or insurance, or bylaws, but what if we do some kind of fund raiser to see if Calguns can purchase pieces of land and turning it into our own shooting camp?

Maybe Calguns is a nonprofit org, and cannot ask for money, and thats where donations come in. Im sure plenty of volunteers would work for free, donate time, materials, and what nots.

Simple example would be:
Annual membership: $200
6 month membership: $125
3 month membership: $60
1 month membership: $25
Day pass: $10

Membership includes free entry, & 3 paper targets.
Members can bring guest.
Insurance will be covered by waivers signed in at the drive in entry gate. (Enter at own risk, by signing below I understand this org is not held accountable...)
There can be a snack bar, coffee lounge for gun talk, gunsmith on duty, and safe area for cleaning weapons.
The range would have a dedicated area for pistols, another for long guns, another for shot guns (trap/skeet?) and another anything, and everything.
Guns will have to be inspected upon entry to prevent harm and legal issues.

This may not be the greates draft, but just an idea I'd thought I would jot down.

In the mean time, I would like to purchase a Calguns bumper sticker and tee shirt sometime in the future. Hope to see any replys.

asgalindez
02-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Almost sounds like South Bay Rod & Gun Club...except annual membership is only $75.

Pvtryan
02-10-2011, 11:21 AM
If I win the lotto, I'll buy a land and set it up and name it CALGUNNERS TACTICAL! :)