PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first reloader

sdfishman
01-15-2011, 7:16 PM
Alright I just bought my first reloader. Dillon 650XL. I need dies for 223/556. Dont worry I wont be reloading tomorrow I have alot of reading to do but I would like to get everything in order. Where can I buy the dies and what all do I need?

I just picked up this unit..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=384722

Divernhunter
01-15-2011, 7:21 PM
Buy the Lyman reloading manual and read it. Most all questions can be answered reading it. Then buy a single stage press and learn to reload and do your testing of loads on it.

XDRoX
01-15-2011, 7:29 PM
I like the dill on does the best, but you'd have to order them online. La Mesa Collectables has lots of dies if you want to get started right away.

EWILKE
01-15-2011, 7:41 PM
I am assuming you got the caliber conversion for .223 all you will need is dies. for the press. you will need a good scale to check powder charge dillon eliminator scale works great. case trimmer, lube for all rifle brass and a tumbler is nice for clean brass. I like to shop at midway. redding makes some great dies. or you can go with the dillon dies very good a well. do a lot of reading first and start slowly only load a few at a time just incase you mess up. DO NOT start loading max charges until you get the hang of things this is just the basic stuff bullet puller is handy when you are learning to set things up.
Good luck and take it slow.

sdfishman
01-15-2011, 7:54 PM
Alright I have the D-Terminator Scale already.. Sorry if this is a stupid question.. Will other brand dies fit in this reloader? I will order a case trimmer/lube for the brass. (What brand?)

The Electrician
01-15-2011, 7:55 PM
Didnt you get a dillon catolog when you got your reloader? If not go to there website and/or order a dillon cat. there great toilet matieral!!! Lol

sdfishman
01-15-2011, 8:07 PM
Haha no I bought it on the forum a few hours ago. I'll look them up.. I was told they wont ship to CA anymore?

Didnt you get a dillon catolog when you got your reloader? If not go to there website and/or order a dillon cat. there great toilet matieral!!! Lol

XDRoX
01-15-2011, 8:18 PM
Dillon won't ship to CA?:rofl2:

Any standard dies will work with your press. Lee are the cheapest and will work fine. Redding and Dillon are the best, but they cost a lot more.

Revoman
01-15-2011, 8:26 PM
Did you read the sticky at the beginning of this forum?

"Reloading 101". It has an extensive list of items that you probably should consider....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108907

Oceanbob
01-15-2011, 8:27 PM
You bought the PERFECT reloading machine. If you PM me an address I will send you the Feb Dillon Catalog. I am in Orange County and also reload.

Bob

RaymondMillbrae
01-16-2011, 3:15 AM
Click on the video tutorial under my signature. (RELOADING .223 AMMO).

You got a great press. Enjoy it!!!

In Christ: Raymod

Fishslayer
01-16-2011, 6:35 AM
Haha no I bought it on the forum a few hours ago. I'll look them up.. I was told they wont ship to CA anymore?

I would check on that. I find that VERY hard to believe...