PDA

View Full Version : Single Shot OLH

Overbear
01-14-2011, 4:15 AM
Ok, as I understand it (and I may not understand right) One can import a handgun into CA, if a qualified shop/gunsmith makes a mod to the weapon so that it can no longer accept more than one round at a time. By doing so it is now "Off list" as a handgun and I may buy it.

So my question is this, were I to mill a set of plugs that locked in place with a tool (such as a hex head screw) into the cylinders of a revolver so that only ONE chamber is useable, does this then qualify said revolver for the same "off list" status?

The creation of the plugs would be rather simple, I could whip up a set in a few hours but is it something that would give me access to revolvers that you can not get in state?

*note* All done at thru a proper FFL shop of course.

rromeo
01-14-2011, 5:48 AM
I suppose that could work, but the barrel length must also be at least 6" and overall length at least 10.5".
If you can convert the revolver to Single Action instead, I believe barrel length is not an issue, but overall length is only 7.5".

Overbear
01-14-2011, 5:51 AM
I suppose that could work, but the barrel length must also be at least 6" and overall length at least 10.5".
If you can convert the revolver to Single Action instead, I believe barrel length is not an issue, but overall length is only 7.5".

*ponders that*

Well that kind of kills the idea in the first place. I was looking to get a couple of detective models that are not on the list brought in.